Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Decided I needed a Tire-Rack in my garage.
Didn't like the ones you buy, so I designed my own, just for my GT350 wheels/tires.
Here's how:
Started with a 60" 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 14ga. zinc plated slotted angle from Home Depot.
Cut it in half and mounted both to wall (Mine is concrete block), with (6) 3/8" x 1 7/8" long sleeve anchors
IMG_0128-a.jpg
IMG_0129-a.jpg

For the bottom frame I always liked to get the correct angle to match the circumference on the tires/wheels
For 27" Tires the radius would be 13.5", so I made a quick reference jig from 2 steel rulers.
18" was the span for the bottom, so 19" wheels could also be held by themselves, without falling through
IMG_0130-a.jpg

The GT350 Tires/Wheels need at least 14" each so I made the frame 56" wide.
Used 10ft. of $.61 a-foot chain from Home Depot for the supports, along with 3/8" x 1" long bolts
Also I wanted this thing to Fold-Up against the wall when not in use.
IMG_0134-a.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
4ADDF8D4-48BB-4027-AA9C-FBE2D507C4CB.jpeg

Work in progress. The right bay will be able to fit two lifts end-to-end.
Is that the house off to the left there? Looks like my kinda place, 8 car garage and a bedroom.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So I'll throw this out to you guys for inputs...

Have always always always wanted RaceDeck flooring for a borderline show garage, but I have a dilemma. I really really really want the FreeFlow tile but I don't think it fits my lifestyle/usage. I want the freeflow because I love the looks and style, but not sure about using it as an active garage floor; rolling a jack around, laying on it, jack stands, normal maintenance, etc, etc. But here's the bigger reason. My claim to fame in life and my first love is detailing. I do 100% of my detailing indoors, year round. So I have a concern about the amount of water it would be exposed to. I know it would work good because the water would run down through the tile and not stand on the surface. But then what? I guess the water just pools up underneath the vents/tiles and just sits there until it evaporates or dries up?? Currently, my garage floor was designed with a pretty good slope to promote water run off, and plus I can just squeegee it out pretty darn easily. Thinking this isn't an option with the freeflow tiles? I don't want the water just standing under there causing humidity problems and such, especially in the winter.

And then with normal car maintenance, what happens when you have that accidental oil spill or a gallon of tranny fluid sloshes out of the pan? It's going to go through and just sit there as well.

Would you have to pull the tiles up to clean up messes like that?

Thoughts? Suggestions? As much as I want the freeflow for the look and style, I don't think it's the right choice. Talk me out of, or into it!

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
^^ I like your set up a lot very well done. Only part I'd change is that Confederate plate / flag. I Had enough of that when I lived in Richmond VA to last a lifetime.
You don't just take the Dixie out of a southern boy.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Not quite a garage picture but close enough.

Left to right are F0080, F0079 and F0077 and all are 1 of 1 color combinations with 077 being my car.
DSCF1584.JPG
DSCF1563.JPG
DSCF1575.JPG

I had all 3 cars in my garage for quite some time as was storing #80 and #79 for a West Coast buddy after which time he sold to another good friend of mine just across the river in Georgia.

The RR and TY cars are both previous Ford exec cars with my wife naming #80 Superman and #79 Bumble Bee and enjoyed driving both of these cars a great deal.

Some people don't like the RR and Blue stripe combination but personally it is one of my favorites as I am partial to both Red and Black cars.