mtooler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
FN GT Auto Mustang and Kia Carnival
Hi all,

Looking at putting in an order for the 2020MY Mustang to secure an early build. I'm a little concerned about doing so as I recall reading someone who did so with MY18 had to get the stock auto gt as no options were announced so far out and they were unable to add any factory options i.e. magna ride. I'd be keen to add magna ride if it isn't stock in 2020 and a spoiler.

Any knowledgeable people in Australia have any advice I'd appreciate it, I'm heading to Darwin and have been advised it's best to go through the local dealer with a pre-order.

My local NSW dealer has already taken money on a MY 2020 Mustang GT a few weeks back.

Cheers,
Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Hard to take you seriously Michael, when you list a Carnival and a Tarago as your daily drives.

Mate, did your dad beat you when you were little?

OP
OP
mtooler

mtooler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Hard to take you seriously Michael, when you list a Carnival and a Tarago as your daily drives.

Mate, did your dad beat you when you were little?
Cheers flog, anyone else have any advice on it?

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Just having a dig mate, you spent some time typing that stuff in....you gotta expect some flak.

Why not buy a '19? Why wait for a model when you have no idea of the spec, whether the colour you want will be available, and whether or not you'll even be alive when the 2020 gets here?

OP
OP
mtooler

mtooler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Just having a dig mate, you spent some time typing that stuff in....you gotta expect some flak.

Why not buy a '19? Why wait for a model when you have no idea of the spec, whether the colour you want will be available, and whether or not you'll even be alive when the 2020 gets here?
Since the go slow has been happening with Mustang adds pulled from Carsales from dealerships since November I've just been snooping around, one dealer I chatted with is fairly confident that the next gt will be over 350hp. Will get a look at it with the Detroit motor show early in the new year. So if as I suspect you can't option up once an order is locked in or go to the back of the queue, potentially MY19 is the go, but want to explore options.

Sponsored

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Since the go slow has been happening with Mustang adds pulled from Carsales from dealerships since November I've just been snooping around, one dealer I chatted with is fairly confident that the next gt will be over 350hp. Will get a look at it with the Detroit motor show early in the new year. So if as I suspect you can't option up once an order is locked in or go to the back of the queue, potentially MY19 is the go, but want to explore options.
Well the current GT's have over 450hp, so I'd hope the next one will top 350hp.

I know of Bullitt buyers who ordered Recaro's and got a standard seat car (and vice versa). You really need to order what you want when sign up, and even then it's a cross your fingers thing.

RogerS59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Silver GT, FG Falcon XR8 Ute
I'm assuming he means 350kw. I'm not sure there will be to many differences between the MY19 and the MY20. if they take it to 350kw I think it may only be via cold air in take and a tune.

Not sure I'd be hanging for 7 extra kw for another 12 months.

I ordered mine back in September and cant wait for it (not due to arrive until March).

To order an MY20 this far out you are either a masocist or have way to much patients

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
Yeah, not sure where his head is at.

Nearly 200 new Mustang dealer adverts on Carsales, I don't know why he reckons that the adverts have been pulled.

RogerS59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Silver GT, FG Falcon XR8 Ute
Yeah....they do seem to be all there now

I have noticed in the past where the number of adds reduces. Maybe the dealers or manufacturers have to renew every so often

OP
OP
mtooler

mtooler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Well the current GT's have over 450hp, so I'd hope the next one will top 350hp.

I know of Bullitt buyers who ordered Recaro's and got a standard seat car (and vice versa). You really need to order what you want when sign up, and even then it's a cross your fingers thing.
Did a ring around, picking up a MY19 GT on the 17th. Will trade it in, in a few years when the next generation comes out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mtooler

mtooler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Congrats.
Cheers, relocating with the family for new jobs so I needed a new runabout car ;) Hidden Valley speedway is close too so I will do a few track days, wanted magnaride though will wait till next one, there was an oxford white available which while looks amazing to me, still cant get past it being plain white. Got an Orange Fury 3 month old demo $63500 MY19 driveaway.

OP
OP
mtooler

mtooler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, not sure where his head is at.

Nearly 200 new Mustang dealer adverts on Carsales, I don't know why he reckons that the adverts have been pulled.
MY19 brand new adverts I was told by the dealer Ford instructed dealers to pull due to buyer complaints about non exclusivity and hurting the 15-17 resale I was told.

Wont see too many dealer MY 19s on carsales.

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
63 and change is a great deal and Orange Fury is a striking colour. Will stand out in the Darwin sun.

Now....change the vehicles listed in your profile :)

OP
OP
mtooler

mtooler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
63 and change is a great deal and Orange Fury is a striking colour. Will stand out in the Darwin sun.

Now....change the vehicles listed in your profile :)
Haha, I'm a pretty honest down to earth guy, I wont have it to the 17th the dealer is meeting me at the airport with it. Will chage it then, giving away the Tarago too.
Sponsored