Daryl333

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My Niche Vicenza Wheels arrive today widened 2" by Weldcraft, total 12" wide now. I must say Robert at Weldcraft really gave awesome service and timing on this. I didn't read their direction completely for sending them in and left the TPS sensor in and they asked for them to be taken of first. Also was supposed to use a box that they could fit the wheels once widened for return and I didn't. Not a problem, they shipped them both separate in new boxes with TPS sensors for reinstall and didn't charge extra. The work looks really nice and I'll be doing some sanding and painting of the bare metal before tire mounting and install.
IMG_3286.JPG
IMG_3287.JPG
IMG_3288.JPG
IMG_3289.JPG
IMG_3290.JPG
IMG_3291.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Daryl333

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Looks really good man. Please let us know clearance, tire size, spring drop if you have lowering springs,spacer size etc. I never expected to find precise specs. This is really helpful info.

Last edited:

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Looks really good man. Please let us know clearance, tire size, spring drop if you have lowering springs,spacer size etc. I never expected to find precise specs. This is really helpful info.
I'll post up everything with pics and measurement when my tires come in the next 10 days. I have Sportlines so it's dropped and I don't think I'll need spacers, but I'm eyeballing some 5mm spacers just in case.

OP
OP
Daryl333

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'll post up everything with pics and measurement when my tires come in the next 10 days. I have Sportlines so it's dropped and I don't think I'll need spacers, but I'm eyeballing some 5mm spacers just in case.
This is good stuff. I'm getting mine widened to 11" so your info and pics are helping me out with mine. I'm not lowered yet because I'm going with a taller 315/35/20 in back. Got a great deal on some Bridgestones that I just couldn't pass on. lol. How tall of a tire are you going with on the back?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
This is good stuff. I'm getting mine widened to 11" so your info and pics are helping me out with mine. I'm not lowered yet because I'm going with a taller 315/35/20 in back. Got a great deal on some Bridgestones that I just couldn't pass on. lol. How tall of a tire are you going with on the back?
Here is a comparison using wheel tire size calculation and your specs are the first mine second. Your tires are 32mm taller.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...0-20X12ET40&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm

Sponsored

OP
OP
Daryl333

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Here is a comparison using wheel tire size calculation and your specs are the first mine second. Your tires are 32mm taller.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wh...0-20X12ET40&fcl=50mm&wcl=30mm&scl=50mm&sr=0mm
This is good news. I can't really make out much except there is enough clearance assuming I'm running an OEM setup which I'm not so...
I guess how much bulge a tire has will make a difference? Does this chart say how much fender clearance there is? Sorry about questions I'm mentally challenged. Lol

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
This is good news. I can't really make out much except there is enough clearance assuming I'm running an OEM setup which I'm not so...
I guess how much bulge a tire has will make a difference? Does this chart say how much fender clearance there is? Sorry about questions I'm mentally challenged. Lol
Tire bulge is important, and you can use the calculators on the left side to configure the fender gap.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Glad you had good luck with Weldcraft, hes had my wheels now for a week, I'm anxious for him to call and say they are on their way back!

Sponsored

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I sent in my Niche rear wheels 20x10 35 offset to Weldcraft for 2" so 12" wide with 315/30 20 NT555 G2's. They testing I did shoed they will clear my suspension and inner wheel wells easy. Closest spot was the rear shock mount with .25" to spare but I got the Steeda rear mounts that give another .25" clearance so should be plenty. I'll have the Wheels back Thursday and the tires in 10 days so 2 weeks before actual test fit. I'll post up my results and pics here.
Edited. I looked at the numbers again and 20x10 ET 35 becomes 20X12 ET 60.5 after the widening so it looks like you'll be good after the Steeda parts.

Last edited:

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I sent in my Niche rear wheels 20x10 35 offset to Weldcraft for 2" so 12" wide with 315/30 20 NT555 G2's. They testing I did shoed they will clear my suspension and inner wheel wells easy. Closest spot was the rear shock mount with .25" to spare but I got the Steeda rear mounts that give another .25" clearance so should be plenty. I'll have the Wheels back Thursday and the tires in 10 days so 2 weeks before actual test fit. I'll post up my results and pics here.
Are the clearances mentioned above the result of your shaving and relocating the two possible contact points or were these measurements prior to those adjustments?

I trying to figure out how much I can widen a 20x9.5 wheel if I’m not going to run spacers or make adjustments under the wheel well.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Has anyone widened the 19X8.5 Black package wheels? Thinking of adding 2" to mine so I can run a 305/35/19 MT SS on the rear. Factory 255's are decent on concrete, but suck on asphalt.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Are the clearances mentioned above the result of your shaving and relocating the two possible contact points or were these measurements prior to those adjustments?

I trying to figure out how much I can widen a 20x9.5 wheel if I’m not going to run spacers or make adjustments under the wheel well.
Without the shaving done. Considering that was with a 20x10 with 35 offset.

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Has anyone widened the 19X8.5 Black package wheels? Thinking of adding 2" to mine so I can run a 305/35/19 MT SS on the rear. Factory 255's are decent on concrete, but suck on asphalt.
Mine are at Weldcraft right now being widened, 2016 Cal special 19 X 8.5 wheels, same size and offset as yours, and I am putting on 305 35 19 nittos on them when they return. There are already some cal special folks that have successfully done this. Here is the thread with some pix in the thread https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2017-california-special-wheels.80017/
Sponsored