20,000 Mile 350R: Good and the Bad

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
After owning the R for a year and 3ish months I hit the 20,000 mark on the way to work this morning. Blow is whats been good and bad.

Disclaimer: I've daily driven the R since I bought it new at the end of September of last year. It's been my only car, besides borrowing the girlfriends Focus from time to time.

We'll start with THE BAD

MPG.....well obviously sucks.

Oil Consumption: Hasn't been too bad but still kinda worrisome. I check it once a week and add to it here and there.

Driver side door: If I hit a harsh bum the door gets kinda out of wack and unseals the window a bit. Roll them down and back up and it fixes itself. Still a bit unsettling.

Bumper gaps: Been discussed plenty of times so no need to go on about it.

Some Dealership problems: Had an issues with the dealership screwing up my splitter and saying it was like that when it came in. I no longer go there for anything.

Judgments: I'm 25 with an expensive car. Always love the comments you here. Daddy's money is so played out, at least be original lol. Also, if you didn't know a stock 2007 C6 automatic covetable vette is louder than the R says a 55 year old man wearing American Eagle ripped jeans and Yeezys. Just FYI.

Other Comments: People tend to call you an idiot for "ruining" the value of the car and how it should be in a museum or never be driven. I get that mentality but it's too good of a car to not be driven. Besides, 99.99% of new cars aren't collectors items anyway so why not enjoy it?

THE GOOD

Damn near everything else. It's been reliable, fun, practical......yes I said practical, and people love to hear it go by.

Practical:
I only have room for my girlfriend and I so I don't have to transport people which is a plus.
I can for 4 305 tires in it. (1 in the truck and 3 behind the seats with plenty of room to spare.
Uhhhhh that's about it on that.

Fun:
You all know this one. There may never be a more fun sub 100k new car out there. Fight me on it lol.

Sound:
Self explanatory.

Other:
It's so cool when someone comes up and says, "Is that a real 350R!?" (Arkansas has only 3 R's that I know of including mine so they're a bit rare. Or when a young kid says cool car and you offer to let them sit in it and their eyes just perk up. I enjoy sharing the car with the community as few sport car owners did for me as a child. It's all about sharing the passion for the next generation.

I think these cars get a semi bad rap with the oil consumption issues, mustangs crashing memes and the "iT dOeSn'T hAvE eNoUgH pOwEr BrUhHh" from chevy owners. People don't believe you when you say it doesn't belong so much on the drag strip but is better suited for road courses and autocrossing. Honestly, as much as I try to trade it in for a R8 or GT3, I just can't. Just means I have to kick the girlfriends car out of the garage for more toys. I'll let y'all know how that one goes. On an unrelated note, anyone have a couch I can crash on? View attachment 323040 View attachment 323044 View attachment 323040 View attachment 323044 View attachment 323045 View attachment 323044 View attachment 323040
thumbnail-1.jpg
thumbnail-2.jpg
thumbnail-3.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
I always love hearing about others who are not afraid to drive their cars and enjoy them to their fullest. Like you said... they were meant to be driven. Keep enjoying that beast, it is a beautiful car!

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Thanks man!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Love your plate man! I would get "Play R" but I think my wife might not approve. I've had my R about a month and a half now. 800 smiles.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Love your plate man! I would get "Play R" but I think my wife might not approve. I've had my R about a month and a half now. 800 smiles.
:cwl::cwl::cwl: I love the plate idea

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Nice update. I've gotten more than a few, "you're driving that in the winter!?!" Comments. It's just a car.

Also, kudos on being a cool owner with kids and such. My cousin who likes cars asked me if he could drive it while he was leaving on Thanksgiving. I said sure let's do it when it's warmed up but absolutely. My dad, after my cousin left said, you're gonna let him drive YOUR CAR?

Pfft, absolutely. Ive had aome very cool friends over the yeara that have given me the opportunity to drive many cars I'd never be able to afford (both at the time and some even now) and it was amazing, thrilling and just plain gracious of them.

A+ sir.

OP
OP
enzo101

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Nice update. I've gotten more than a few, "you're driving that in the winter!?!" Comments. It's just a car.

Also, kudos on being a cool owner with kids and such. My cousin who likes cars asked me if he could drive it while he was leaving on Thanksgiving. I said sure let's do it when it's warmed up but absolutely. My dad, after my cousin left said, you're gonna let him drive YOUR CAR?

Pfft, absolutely. Ive had aome very cool friends over the yeara that have given me the opportunity to drive many cars I'd never be able to afford (both at the time and some even now) and it was amazing, thrilling and just plain gracious of them.

A+ sir.
You're much more trusting than I am. I did swap keys with my buddy that had a Gen 5 viper. Idk if you know who saabkyle on youtube is but it was his old car. Hes got a 850 hp supercharged gen 2 viper he wants me to drive. Just need to up the life insurance policy first lol.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Thanks for sharing... I drove mine to work all last week. Gas mileage is bad, but the range is the biggest issue. I have to get gas every 4 days.

Besides the fit / finish, one of the other bad things is that the car brings out the Hoonigan in me. Always rev matching, heel toe...all the time. Constantly going up and down the rev range and making the exhaust machine gun...lol

It is a blast to drive... But I do question the long term reliability. Don't think it would hold up as well as my Hellcat (38k daily driven miles) has over the last 3.5 years.
Sponsored