Sponsored

Procharger P1X or D1SC

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Finally I have fund ready for a forced induction kit! After lots of debating I have decided to go Procharger route, and continue beating on the car for another 3 years.
Now the question on details in need of you guys' expertise is, if I target on 430 whp on 91 octane (because of CA) and also want to play with E85, should I get P1X unit or D1SC unit?
Currently I'm biased towards the newer P1X, just because the SC series have been around for quite some years.
Also, how large the fuel injectors do I need? I see Auto Mafia Racing's kit uses Ford performance 52lbs/hr fuel injectors. Is that large enough for running E85?
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Finally I have fund ready for a forced induction kit! After lots of debating I have decided to go Procharger route, and continue beating on the car for another 3 years.
Now the question on details in need of you guys' expertise is, if I target on 430 whp on 91 octane (because of CA) and also want to play with E85, should I get P1X unit or D1SC unit?
Currently I'm biased towards the newer P1X, just because the SC series have been around for quite some years.
Also, how large the fuel injectors do I need? I see Auto Mafia Racing's kit uses Ford performance 52lbs/hr fuel injectors. Is that large enough for running E85?
Thanks in advance!
You need 65lb injectors. Others run 90lbs. As far as the unit goes I'll let those with procharger kits speak on it.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
P1X is more than enough on a V6. It can make 800+ on a V8, and you're consuming a lot less air volume.

OP
OP
Jared_J

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
You need 65lb injectors. Others run 90lbs. As far as the unit goes I'll let those with procharger kits speak on it.
I found an online calculator saying if I want to shoot for 600 engine hp by E85 I need at least 90lbs/hr fuel injectors. I'm not entirely dedicated for E85, but sure don't want repetitive investment. Any disadvantage for using fuel injectors larger than needed, apart from more expensive to buy?

OP
OP
Jared_J

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
P1X is more than enough on a V6. It can make 800+ on a V8, and you're consuming a lot less air volume.
That's what I'm thinking. I was hoping P1X has less amount of parasitic power consumption when generating same amount of output, for V6 application.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I found an online calculator saying if I want to shoot for 600 engine hp by E85 I need at least 90lbs/hr fuel injectors. I'm not entirely dedicated for E85, but sure don't want repetitive investment. Any disadvantage for using fuel injectors larger than needed, apart from more expensive to buy?
You will push more fuel than you need creating a rich fuel to air mix....All the procharger guys are in the 400-500 range. One guy here is at around 500hp with the big boy D not P procharger and he uses 90lbs and was told he pushes a lot of fuel, almost too much. I know your goal is mid 400s keep that in mind.

OP
OP
Jared_J

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
You will push more fuel than you need creating a rich fuel to air mix....All the procharger guys are in the 400-500 range. One guy here is at around 500hp with the big boy D not P procharger and he uses 90lbs and was told he pushes a lot of fuel, almost too much. I know your goal is mid 400s keep that in mind.
Why do larger injectors push more fuel than the car needs? Shouldn't it be calibrated to push the right amount of fuel? If saying larger capacity fuel injectors has less fuel injection accuracy, I can fully support than. But if it's generally injecting more than required, then I would say a proper calibration should fix the systematic bias.

I see procharged V6 on 91-93 octane gas generally achieve 400-440 wheel hp, so I'm hoping on E85 it can be at 500 wheel hp level or ~600 engine hp.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Check with Marty on the FB groups, he's running E85 on his Procharged setup but I can't remember what numbers he's putting down right now.

edit »
Just change my set up and went up in boost so I don’t know my hp at the moment. I was at 449rwhp at 8psi but now around 11psi and got a better fuel pump on e85. So should be around 500rwhp but can’t confirm yet. I do 95% of all the work on my car so it’s not as much as people think. But definitely has been fun to own
That was from 3 months ago

OP
OP
Jared_J

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Thank you. I appreciate the info.

OP
OP
Jared_J

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Just placed the order for a Procharger D1SC tuner kit with helical gear through AMR! Yeah! Getting exited!
No promo available for kit with P1X. I figured the money saved make more performance gain than the efficiency advantage of P1X.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jared_J

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Update: I had to cancel the order from Auto Mafia Racing after they wanted another $700, after I had paid the order with their sales online. They said price was wrong but how come it has been wrong for more than 2 months on their website? Sure I asked discount, but it was applied by the sales and we were in touch for two days before I paid. How come no one from AMR not noticing that? After I told them to cancel order, the guy at AMR smashed the phone, let alone apologize for their "fault", if it was really just a "Mistake".

Instead, I called Stage3 Motorsport, since they still offered 10% off till 11/30. I asked if they could order me P1X and I would pay the difference. Joe at Stage3 Motorsport was kind enough to ask in detail directly with Procharger tech, and figured out that because P1X doesn't show performance gain on 3.7 V6 compared to P1SC, procharger decided to take it off from the brochure. This agreed with my earlier finding that originally there was P1X option for 3.7 V6 on Procharger website, but not anymore recently. Last time I called Procharger the tech said P1X would fit, but he wasn't sure why it's no longer on the manual.

Because neither Procharger or Stage3 Motorsport are allowed to ship the supercharger to CA, I asked them to ship it (P1SC eventually) to Ohio. Earliest time I can go back to Ohio is late January. Now I can only do some preparation work and wait for good things to happen.

Last edited:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Update: I had to cancel the order from Auto Mafia Racing after they wanted another $700, after I had paid the order with their sales online. They said price was wrong but how come it has been wrong for more than 2 months on their website? Sure I asked discount, but it was applied by the sales and we were in touch for two days before I paid. How come no one from AMR not noticing that? After I told them to cancel order, the guy at AMR smashed the phone, let alone apologize for their "fault", if it was really just a "Mistake".

Instead, I called Stage3 Motorsport, since they still offered 10% off till 11/30. I asked if they could order me P1X and I would pay the difference. Joe at Stage3 Motorsport was kind enough to ask in detail directly with Procharger tech, and figured out that because P1X doesn't show performance gain on 3.7 V6 compared to P1SC, procharger decided to take it off from the brochure. This agreed with my earlier finding that originally there was P1X option for 3.7 V6 on Procharger website, but not anymore recently. Last time I called Procharger the tech said P1X would fit, but he wasn't sure why it's no longer on the manual.

Because neither Procharger or Stage3 Motorsport are allowed to ship the supercharger to CA, I asked them to ship it to Ohio. Earliest time I can go back to Ohio is late January. Now I can only do some preparation work and wait for good things to happen.
Well damn. I'm sorry u had an issue with AMR. Glad it worked out.

OP
OP
Jared_J

Jared_J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Well damn. I'm sorry u had an issue with AMR. Glad it worked out.
Thanks! It wasn't too bad since AMR was at least quick to issue the refund, and the discount at Stage 3 was still there when the refund was received.
Sponsored