Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Dre
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Finally decided to boost my 2018 GT. I'm stuck between Whipple and Roush. I heard Roush has a good warranty and Whipple gives more power

Any advice?
Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Lol, guy asks for advice on two and gets two more thrown in his face!

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Nothing<Roush<Whipple

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
get opg's and a billet crank gear , and g-force half shafts before your install the power...

ninjacoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
As far as the supercharger itself it’s hard to say. Both will make more power than a stock engine can handle. Whipple on the 18+ has a much better manifold/inlet design allowing for a huge intercooler vs the 18+ Rousch. Probably more than twice the surface area. This is why the Edelbrock which uses the same “blower” as the Rousch differs from it and is being suggested if you prefer a TVS. Edelbrock also redesigned the manifold for 18+ to allow for a better inlet and better intercooler. The real question and choice is between the Whipple and Edelbrock. Both top notch companies. Both have excellent designs. Whipple for the 18+ beat Edelbrock to the market and therefore has many more examples out running. I had this same debate for myself. Whipple includes a bigger TB and CAI. Eddy doesn’t. Eddy includes a warrenty. Whipple costs extra. Both look awesome. IMO Whipple looks more aggressive where Edelbrock looks more factory.

I chose the Hellion Sleeper Kit. Btw Incase you were wondering lol.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Well I have XXX so mine is best......
Is it a daily driver with occasional "put your foot in it" or a car you play with at the drag strip on a regular basis?
I have a Roush and I'm happy with it. I have a Bud with a Whipple and he is happy with his.
Pretty close to the same power.
Both will give you a grin when you put your foot in it. Flip a coin, you can't go wrong either way.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
If I were going to do a TVS blower on mine, I would go Edelbrock over the Roush. They use the same 2650 eaton unit, but the Edelbrock is packaged better for the '18s and has the ability to run a much larger throttle body if you are looking to expand in the future. Last I heard, VMP wasn't making a kit for the '18+ cars, so they aren't an option at this point. That being said, I have a Whipple stage 2 kit on my 18, and absolutely love it. Car drives awesome, and makes great power.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
for 2018 + whipple no doubt.. only options for 2018 for cheap vortech, performance and price whipple, power twins.

Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
After lots of research and consulting many people, I went with a stage 2 whipple. Haven't received it yet, so can't comment from experience. But reasons I went with it are:
A) f the warranty, useless, costs extra money for a roush one, limited to weak tune
B) you don't see roush supercharged mustangs putting up big power in mod nationals or anything, they're simply not an option for true performance and
C) the whipple option is a true performance brand with tons of ability to upgrade and tweak for the max amount of power from a twin screw setup.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
I originally pre-ordered a Whipple stage 1 through Lethal Performance. All the write ups for the stage 1 had the 3.875 pulley and the 132mm throttle body. Then Whipple decided to change this configuration to stage 2, and started shipping stage 2's first. If you wanted the stage 2 you had to pay more money, no warranty. The stage 1 would now have a 4" pulley and the stock 5.0 throttle body would be used. Classic bait and switch. Whipple couldn't ship stage 1's at the time because there wasn't any inlet hardware for the stage 1 yet. Another member here asked Whipple if they could pay extra for a 132mm throttle body and use the 4" pulley and still call it a stage 1 with a warranty , and WHIPPLE SAID NO. A couple weeks go by no stage 1 hardware yet. I see Lebanon Ford Performance put up a video on YouTube selling their cars with a Whipple stage 1 with a 4" pulley and a 132MM THROTTLE BODY, and a WARRANTY. I couldn't believe this. LFP could get the stage 1 with the 132mm throttle body, and a warranty, but the members of this forum couldn't. I cancelled my order for the Whipple and ordered a Roush. Whipple will never ever see a dime from me. At the time Edelbrock had not released their supercharger. The Edelbrock looks to be a better supercharger than the Roush, with the best warranty available. As far as I know the Roush still doesn't have CARB approval. My state never never adopted California's commie CARB regulations. Check to see if your state adopted the CARB regulations. If I were to buy a PD blower today, I would go with the Edelbrock.

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I originally pre-ordered a Whipple stage 1 through Lethal Performance. All the write ups for the stage 1 had the 3.875 pulley and the 132mm throttle body. Then Whipple decided to change this configuration to stage 2, and started shipping stage 2's first. If you wanted the stage 2 you had to pay more money, no warranty. The stage 1 would now have a 4" pulley and the stock 5.0 throttle body would be used. Classic bait and switch. Whipple couldn't ship stage 1's at the time because there wasn't any inlet hardware for the stage 1 yet. Another member here asked Whipple if they could pay extra for a 132mm throttle body and use the 4" pulley and still call it a stage 1 with a warranty , and WHIPPLE SAID NO. A couple weeks go by no stage 1 hardware yet. I see Lebanon Ford Performance put up a video on YouTube selling their cars with a Whipple stage 1 with a 4" pulley and a 132MM THROTTLE BODY, and a WARRANTY. I couldn't believe this. LFP could get the stage 1 with the 132mm throttle body, and a warranty, but the members of this forum couldn't. I cancelled my order for the Whipple and ordered a Rouch. Whipple will never ever see a dime from me. At the time Edelbrock had not released their supercharger. The Edelbrock looks to be a better supercharger than the Roush, with the best warranty available. As far as I know the Roush still doesn't have CARB approval. My state never never adopted California's commie CARB regulations. Check to see if your state adopted the CARB regulations. If I were to by a PD blower today, I would go with the Edelbrock.
Just because lfp has a warranty on their setup doesn’t mean it’s the same warranty whipple uses.

Warranty is pointless imo, I didn’t go this route to be limited to some weak tune with no extra modifications allowed without voiding the warranty anyways.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
Just because lfp has a warranty on their setup doesn’t mean it’s the same warranty whipple uses.
That may be true, I never thought that LFP would warranty it themselves.

Warranty is pointless imo, I didn’t go this route to be limited to some weak tune with no extra modifications allowed without voiding the warranty anyways.
That's your opinion, and your situation. Many dump the Whipple tune for a 3rd party tune. Some of us want a warranty, with no modifications. My choice.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I think the Whipple looks and sounds to be a real quality piece of equipment, and admittedly don't know much about the new Roushs for the 2018' and '19's. What I can say is I've had absolutely no issues, problems, or complaints with my Roush/Ford Racing Phase 1 for my '16. Then again, I have a Lund tune, headers, and full 3" exhaust. Soon doing my own Phase 2.
Sponsored