Sponsored

Shaftmasters Driveshaft

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Figured I would throw this out there for anyone wondering how these driveshaft's are. First I did not do the install myself because I did not want to deal with the hassle of dropping my exhaust and so on with jack stands so I paid a local shop to install it for $100 worth every penny to me and took them an hr.. however it can be done.

When I received the driveshaft it was very good quality and came in pretty quickly. The one I purchased runs $700 and I wanted security for my Procharged set up.

The car drives absolutely fine but you will notice some NVH at higher speeds around 60-70 which is normal I found, but no Vibration what so ever which I seen was a problem with some other brands.
I have drove the car on a 12 hr trip and daily drove it for awhile, with sporty and hard driving as well over the span of 8 month and all is well.

I didn't really feel a difference at all but I am happy to know I don't have to worry about it blowing up either.

I have put the link below where I purchased it.

Please let me know if there is any questions and I will let you know my experience with it.

http://shaftmasters.com/3aldrfomu20v14.html
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thank you for posting. I've been thinking about going with one of their driveshafts too because they are significantly cheaper than others.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I just recently installed the Shaftmasters DS. It was 599 from them directly. I agree its a well made piece. Only thing I hear is a little gear whine right at 45mph only. Which was expected as noise isolation is the point of the 2piece. No vibration either.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Currently looking into buying one of these. Thanks for your feedback

Last edited:

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
did the car seem more peppy afterwards?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MustangWarrior

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Nothing noticeable to me to be honest. But I got it to be safe.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered my driveshaft from them. Saves 10lbs of rotational weight.

OP
OP
MustangWarrior

MustangWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Mustang V6
Just ordered my driveshaft from them. Saves 10lbs of rotational weight.
I assume it helps but no more than my Lightweight MMR waterpump pulley. This piece is more for reliability and slightly more acceleration. BUT I also believe a lot of little's on a car add a big difference.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I'm a fan of the Shaftmaster Driveshaft. The design of the front and rear attachment points is like no one else. Less is more and Shaftmaster delivered.
I'm kinda in the wrong section due to having the 5.0 PP but its all the same as far as the design of the Shaftmaster.
It transformed the car on the lower end.
Price wasn't my concern, design was. Looking at the landscape of aftermarket One Pc. Driveshafts all I seen was complicated adapters to fit the others shafts.

Added vibration..... NONE.
Some additional noise..... Yes, but very minimal.
Response to driver input..... Enhanced to the point of a Sh,, eating grin.

Just one mans opinion.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Got my car back with the driveshaft installed. I can definitely feel a difference from it. Power feels more direct and instantaneous. Most noticeable on downshifts. no delay at all for power to get to the wheels. I was skeptical of any noticable improvement but it is there.

I can't hear noise over my exhaust, but I can say there is a very very small hair of additional vibration at high speeds. It's very slight and it doesnt phase me, but it is there.

I assume it helps but no more than my Lightweight MMR waterpump pulley. This piece is more for reliability and slightly more acceleration. BUT I also believe a lot of little's on a car add a big difference.
Agreed. The only thing I can say though is the shaft removes 10+lbs rather than ounces so I think it would make a bigger difference. Waterpump pulley would help the engine a little, whereas the shaft would help the transmission more, at least I think lol.

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Got my car back with the driveshaft installed. I can definitely feel a difference from it. Power feels more direct and instantaneous. Most noticeable on downshifts. no delay at all for power to get to the wheels. I was skeptical of any noticable improvement but it is there.

I can't hear noise over my exhaust, but I can say there is a very very small hair of additional vibration at high speeds. It's very slight and it doesnt phase me, but it is there.

Agreed. The only thing I can say though is the shaft removes 10+lbs rather than ounces so I think it would make a bigger difference. Waterpump pulley would help the engine a little, whereas the shaft would help the transmission more, at least I think lol.
Shim your transmission cross member down .250" and I'll wager your slight vibration vanishes.
Be sure to purchase longer bolts, the factory designed bolt isn't fully threaded for the first 4 to 5 lead threads. At .250 shim with stock fasteners there are only 4 full threads holding that cross member in place. Some will argue stock fasteners are long enough. I call B/S........ I did my homework correctly.

Give it a try, you may be surprised at reductions in vibrations..... BMR suspensions sold a kit at one point.

Last edited:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Shim your transmission cross member down .250" and I'll wager your slight vibration vanishes.
Be sure to purchase longer bolts, the factory designed bolt isn't fully threaded for the first 4 to 5 lead threads. At .250 shim with stock fasteners there is only 4 full threads holding that cross member in place. Some will argue stock fasteners are long enough. I call B/S........ I did my homework correctly.

Give it a try, you may be surprised at other added reductions in vibrations..... BMR suspensions sold a kit at one point.
I didn't do the install but thanks for the tip. I know they did have to replace the bolts and drill out the pinion larger I believe. I'm not worried about the tiny vibration at all though

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
im taking mine off. since installing the kmember it vibrates even worse at 50mph. Even without the kmember it had a harmonic to it that its driving me fucking nuts. cant wait to take mine off.

its of sale now lol
Sponsored