Sponsored

BBQ Tick After Oil Change...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Just for reference here's my car at idle today fully warm. I don't hear anything abnormal. That little purr you hear towards the end I'm sure is just valve train. I'll post another video after the oil change.
Sounds like normal top end noise. How about down low behind both front wheels ... how's that sound?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Fender video
Sounds pretty normal to me. There will be some slight noise under the engine too. Sounds just like my 2015 which I consider pretty quiet. No obvious random ticking at all.

1st time Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt.Auto.Premium.3.55
Just a theory,,but a thought.. Would Ford use a thicker break in oil on there production line, knowing there is a problem with engines to mask the sound when a prospective buyer test drives the car. With no BB ticking,, car is sold. First oil change thinner oil used, ticking starts.. Just a theory.

Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just a theory,,but a thought.. Would Ford use a thicker break in oil on there production line, knowing there is a problem with engines to mask the sound when a prospective buyer test drives the car. With no BB ticking,, car is sold. First oil change thinner oil used, ticking starts.. Just a theory.
Nah, it's just regular MC 5w20 from what I understand. If it wasn't...whoa, wouldn't that be a major slap in the face?

I tend to believe the former though.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Yes. They put a thin bit saw dust in there to thicken it up so it won’t tick until you get it

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Code name for Cera Tech ... LoL.
Well, if they are using something from the factory, it sure didn't do me any good. I developed the tick at 800 miles, before I even did my first oil change. Or even worse, the cars that have the piston slap while still sitting on the lot.

Sponsored

ultrahax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Power Pack 2
Dealership had my cars for a few days, they gave the car back to me whilst they "talk to Ford" to decide if it's normal or not..

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So after the dealership having my car for 3 days they have decided that the engine rattle is just harmonics from the mode change for the exhaust. Which they have told me so many stories they couldn’t keep them straight!! Also when I had my first oil changed, the dealership figured out today that my oil filter was not tight and is has started leaking oil. The dealership that changed the oil failed to put the correct amount of quarts in the car. So for 4600 miles I have been 2qts low. The engine noise started in August and oil was changed in July. Unfortunately the rattle has gotten louder and there’s also a engine tick. The current dealership,will not do anything else for the car since they did not do the oil change. Just want to get y’alls opinion on how much damage this would cause.
Take it to another dealership. You can do that. Better yet contact Ford Motor Company and tell them you wand your vehicle tested for metal in the oil.

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dealership had my cars for a few days, they gave the car back to me whilst they "talk to Ford" to decide if it's normal or not..
Metal in the oil pan?

Macek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lukas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt 2017 manual
Witam Wszystkich, jestem tu nowy z Poland , mam mustanga 2017 gt manual. Stukanie silnika tylko na ciepłym od 1200 rpm do 2300 rpm. Po mocnym rozgrzaniu i jeździe czasem zanika i potem znowu. Objawy zaczęły się po 2000 Miles nigdy nie wymieniałem oleju. Jest to typowe tipyriwter tic tic tic. Auto ma moc i jest normalne oprócz tic tic tic.

Macek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lukas
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt 2017 manual
Cześć wszystkim, jestem tutaj z Polski, mam instrukcję Mustang 2017 gt. Silnik stuka w ciepłe od 1200 obr / min do 2300 obr / min. Po rozgrzewce i prowadzeniu samochodu czasami znika, a potem znowu. Objawy zaczęły się po 2000 r. Mile nigdy nie będą wymieniać węgla. Jest to typowy tic tic tic. Samochód ma moc i jest normalny, z wyjątkiem tików.
Sponsored