Sponsored

Thoughts on getting my car supercharged ?

balex72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I've owned a 2015 mustang gt for a couple months now and haven't done much tonite except some eibach sportline lowering springs and a corsa extreme exhaust I plan on getting 6 piston brembo brakes and upgrade my suspension. This is my first nodded car and I'm looking to dig deeper into being or just learning to be a mechanic and wanted to know if it be a good idea to supercharge my mustang in 6 month time in order to save up and learn as much as I possibly can as I want to put it in myself and it can be my personal achievement. I was hoping if anyone can give me advice or suggestions if this is a bad idea or any helpful advice if I should wait longer or jump in and try and learn as much as I can, this will be my daily driver
Sponsored

Manny231988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2013 GT500
Once you go boost you will never go back the feeling is awesome, I just ordered my twin turbo kit from beefcake for my 2017 Gt I have never owned a turbo car that’s why I went that route, I’m in the middle of a big build in my 2013 GT500 with a Mpr built engine and a 4.7 Kenne Bell. It’s like an addiction, I’ve done a Paxton on my dad gt it’s Farely easy to do follow instructions and there plenty of how to’s nowadays on the web, I do all the work to my cars expect my engine build on the GT500’s, the Twins I will install my self and they require a little more involvement from what I’ve read if you got questions make a search read read read is my suggestion there’s thousands of different combos it all comes down to you the end user, if you have any questions feel free to send me a pm good luck and happy thanksgiving

Manny

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Boost is amazing and your car will pull harder than you can imagine.

If you're good with your hands you should be able to get a supercharger install done. Make sure to read over the install manual several times and make sure you understand all of it before starting. Prochargers are probably the simplest to install and don't require any permanent modifications.

Keep in mind although the S550 is very capable and most have no problems, adding large amounts of power will also bring on the chance of things breaking, and your warranty will be void. Don't let that scare you away from it, but keep it in mind.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
#doitandletushelp!
:)

feel free to give me a ring with any questions you have

Sponsored

OP
OP

balex72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alejandro
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Once you go boost you will never go back the feeling is awesome, I just ordered my twin turbo kit from beefcake for my 2017 Gt I have never owned a turbo car that’s why I went that route, I’m in the middle of a big build in my 2013 GT500 with a Mpr built engine and a 4.7 Kenne Bell. It’s like an addiction, I’ve done a Paxton on my dad gt it’s Farely easy to do follow instructions and there plenty of how to’s nowadays on the web, I do all the work to my cars expect my engine build on the GT500’s, the Twins I will install my self and they require a little more involvement from what I’ve read if you got questions make a search read read read is my suggestion there’s thousands of different combos it all comes down to you the end user, if you have any questions feel free to send me a pm good luck and happy thanksgiving

Manny
Thank you ! This gave me more confidence to just go ahead and do it! Couldn't be more excited I appreciate it and definitely will message for any issues or questions I have ! Happy Thanksgiving as well !!:)

ArcsandSparks

Probably wrenching
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
These cars are a riot when boosted, especially paired with a few good suspension upgrades. Sounds like you've already made your mind up but if you want to go for a ride just let me know, if there's any doubt it'll be gone pretty quick :thumbsup:

Go with beefcake- best in the biz!!!

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
do it, its a great learning experience if nothing else. Some kits require more skill & tools than others so make sure you do your research. IMO the procharger kits are probably the easiest to install and for the most part just requires hand tools
Sponsored