Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT350 Configurator Now live......

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Well, if you are like me and wanted Lightening Blue stripes we are out of luck. I had the idea of just buying the Lightening Blue stripes and having them put on but Ford charges almost $2,000 if you want to buy stripes from a Ford parts department at a dealership, which is ridiculous. Kay Automotive makes the stripes for Ford and as per their contract with Ford they can not sell the stripes directly to consumers. @Jarstang If you know someone at Ford maybe you can put in a good word to 1.) lower the outrageous price for these stripes if someone wants to buy them from the Ford parts department at a dealership and/or 2.) allow Kay Automotive to sell directly to consumers at a fair price and give Ford a piece of the transaction. Kay Automotive told me all I need to do is get in writing from Ford permission for Kay Automotive to sell to me. However, I don’t know where I could even ask for such permission e.g. name of the person at Ford and contact info.

Just get an aftermarket stripe from. Big worm graphics. Problem solved.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
Still NO Automatic how disappointing! Ford needs to get into the real world and offer it as an option

I challenge Ford before they end the GT350 offer a 2020 GT350 w/ the Paddle Shifted 10r80 as well w/ the 6spd Manual and I guarantee Ford will sell more Automatic GT350's then the manual! The 10r80 has already been proven its faster in 0-60mph and faster in the 1/4 mile and most high performance car buyers now days want the Automatic as its better driving in traffic or the mountains and easy for the wife too

Ford is offering the 10r80 as an option on the GT500 so why not the GT350?

A Faster Horse

Strongest Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
The lack of automatic is the reason I never considered the GT350. Ford lost out on a lot of potential buyers with their ridiculous decision not to offer an auto variant.

It's 2018 not 2008, they need to seriously quit with the "manual is for real driver's" bullsh*t. Most people buying these cars will never see a race track or drive the car over 85 MPH.

Still NO Automatic how disappointing! Ford needs to get into the real world and offer it as an option

I challenge Ford before they end the GT350 offer a 2020 GT350 w/ the Paddle Shifted 10r80 as well w/ the 6spd Manual and I guarantee Ford will sell more Automatic GT350's then the manual! The 10r80 has already been proven its faster in 0-60mph and faster in the 1/4 mile and most high performance car buyers now days want the Automatic as its better driving in traffic or the mountains and easy for the wife too

Ford is offering the 10r80 as an option on the GT500 so why not the GT350?

Sponsored

AnalogDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT – 6MT, 401A
The 10AT would be so good at keeping the revs at the high end, too. Oh well.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Personally, the 2 reasons I bought this car was because it was a MANUAL and it had an AMAZING engine. I find driving my automatic (other car) transmission boring that I fall asleep on the wheel so I bought this car to make my commute a bit more exciting. People who complains about the clutch have not driven a manual in years. The clutch is a two stage spring because it's designed for the elderly to pick it up with ease. That's my theory on why it's so light.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The lack of automatic is the reason I never considered the GT350. Ford lost out on a lot of potential buyers with their ridiculous decision not to offer an auto variant.

It's 2018 not 2008, they need to seriously quit with the "manual is for real driver's" bullsh*t. Most people buying these cars will never see a race track or drive the car over 85 MPH.
Ford lost out on potential buyers???
Lololololololo:turkey:

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)

What does a race track or 85+mph have to do with using a manual??? Pretty weird logic there. My R will almost never see a racetrack (none here in my province) and I'm not frequently over 85mph. But I wouldn't have even looked at the car if it had an auto as the only transmission.

Sorry to say, but the race track/85mph comment tells me you have no clue as to why we love to use a manual transmission in the first place.

For the vast majority of the population, autos are only appealing to the guys who want to measure dicks about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. The rest who want an auto don't know how to drive a stick, can't drive a stick to save their life, or just want something easier to sit in traffic with, which this type of vehicle isn't about anyways. I feel for those who have physical conditions, injuries, etc. that prevent them from driving a stick, and that is truly unfortunate. But if there is only one transmission that can be offered, it isn't even a question as to which one it should be for this type of car.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Ford lost out on potential buyers???
Lololololololo:turkey:
Hell, they only just started getting out of ADM's on regular 350's into its THIRD year of production LOL sure lost out on a lot of buyers alright....

Sponsored

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Personally, the 2 reasons I bought this car was because it was a MANUAL and it had an AMAZING engine. I find driving my automatic (other car) transmission boring that I fall asleep on the wheel so I bought this car to make my commute a bit more exciting. People who complains about the clutch have not driven a manual in years. The clutch is a two stage spring because it's designed for the elderly to pick it up with ease. That's my theory on why it's so light.
I love manuals, but I got rid of my GT500 because my stop and go commute killed 2 very expensive clutch kits in it. My '16 GT isn't nearly as fast, but with its 6R80, I no longer dread my commute and my left leg is now back to normal size. The reason I'm so excited for the new GT500 is the rumored auto option.

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
Just get an aftermarket stripe from. Big worm graphics. Problem solved.
I wish it was that easy. Thankfully Big Worm Graphix is honest. He told me his stripes are not as quality as OEM and he is the one who educated me on Kay Automotive, how Kay Automotive is contracted by Ford, and reasons why Kay Automotive’s printing quality for stripes is superior. Nice to see honest people still around in this industry.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I wish they brought over the rev match feature. Automates it a bit while still allowing it to be turned off for those who like heel toe.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I love manuals, but I got rid of my GT500 because my stop and go commute killed 2 very expensive clutch kits in it. My '16 GT isn't nearly as fast, but with its 6R80, I no longer dread my commute and my left leg is now back to normal size. The reason I'm so excited for the new GT500 is the rumored auto option.
Have you driven in the GT350 yet? I thought about this and the clutch in this model takes less effort than pushing the brake or using the accelerator. In either case, my commute is an hour both ways if traffic hits. I hope I don't kill the clutch due to the stop and go traffic but time will tell. If that does happen then I'm still going to keep it but sell my other daily AT and get a used Focus ST or RS in stick because seriously, I kid you not, I only dread my commute because the AT transmission does not keep me up. It really doesn't. I'm probably unique to this problem but I suppose that's why manufactures exist to solve everyone's unique needs.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
Have you driven in the GT350 yet? I thought about this and the clutch in this model takes less effort than pushing the brake or using the accelerator. In either case, my commute is an hour both ways if traffic hits. I hope I don't kill the clutch due to the stop and go traffic but time will tell. If that does happen then I'm still going to keep it but sell my other daily AT and get a used Focus ST or RS in stick because seriously, I kid you not, I only dread my commute because the AT transmission does not keep me up. It really doesn't. I'm probably unique to this problem but I suppose that's why manufactures exist to solve everyone's unique needs.
I have not. Honestly, if I'm going to spend that much money on a Mustang, it's going to be boosted and at that power level, they require heavier clutches. I could always get one and do a 10R80 swap, but now that the GT500 is supposedly close, there's no reason to really consider that anymore. Also, I've got two 10" subs and 1600 watts to keep me awake during the crawls, so I'm good. :rockon:
Sponsored