Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Base MT82
Reading all these posts, I might as well break it now while its under warranty. I read somewhere there is a TSB for this issue but has to be inop in order for repair, wonder if a recall will ever happen.
When I got the car back it had bad drive line vibration at high rpms. Still had trouble getting in gear. Between that, the bbq tick and an engine rattle from 2-2500 rpm I got rid of it. Bought a new Camaro SS manual. Couldn't be happier.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Seems like the 2018/19 MT82 was manufactured with junk parts... saving that extra dollar in awarding the winning bid to a supplier with inferior parts quality and durability just isn’t paying off right about now, eh?

If a 2018/19 MT82 Owner doesn’t suffer from the stack-up tolerance issue, then there’s the possibility of breaking the 1-2 shift forks, if you make it past breaking the 1-2 shift forks, then chances are the 3-4 shift forks will fail... hell, anyone willing to bet the next TSB will be for the 5-6 shift forks!?

See Offical Ford TSB docs - and don’t let any Dealership Service Center tell you guys anything else....

Attachments

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Seems like the 2018/19 MT82 was manufactured with junk parts... saving that extra dollar in awarding the winning bid to a supplier with inferior parts quality and durability just isn’t paying off right about now, eh?

If a 2018/19 MT82 Owner doesn’t suffer from the stack-up tolerance issue, then there’s the possibility of breaking the 1-2 shift forks, if you make it past breaking the 1-2 shift forks, then chances are the 3-4 shift forks will fail... hell, anyone willing to bet the next TSB will be for the 5-6 shift forks!?

See Offical Ford TSB docs - and don’t let any Dealership Service Center tell you guys anything else....
The biggest bs is they will fix one problem but not update the rest of the parts that haven’t broken yet while the transmission is out.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
The biggest bs is they will fix one problem but not update the rest of the parts that haven’t broken yet while the transmission is out.

Good point. Once the fork is fixed, you will soon find out what the next weak part is.

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Add me to the broken shift fork club, I broke 1-2. I may also be jumping ship to a Camaro soon

Sponsored

Redmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Just picked up a 2019 GT built 9/18. I hope they updated the transmission before my build date!

I had a 2016 GT and the new MT82 feels better to me but I had a few cars between the two. Sounds like the latest build date with a failure was 5/18?

bakersatx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
A few weeks back I broke the 3-4 fork. The dealer has had my car since then. They just called today to inform me that the service bulletin had been changed and they are replacing my entire tranny with an "updated" one that carries a different part number.

I guess this is a good sign...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few weeks back I broke the 3-4 fork. The dealer has had my car since then. They just called today to inform me that the service bulletin had been changed and they are replacing my entire tranny with an "updated" one that carries a different part number.

I guess this is a good sign...
If you can, ask them for the Service Bulletin number - as I have yet to see anyone discuss a revised bulletin.

Maybe too many instances of broken shift forks is costing too much labor time to repair - easier to throw up a new tranny than to wait for parts, then have a Tech bench R&R it....

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here ya go .... just released

REVISED TSB 3-4 shift fork failure...

Might as well just replace the whole transmission if having to replace nearly every shift fork cluster...

Attachments

Switch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I don't get to drive my car a lot so I put off any power mods or a blower for another year just to give me some time to break my trans while its under warranty lol. I'm liking the idea of ford just changing part numbers for the whole transmission and just R&R the whole thing. I need to shift harder, but just cant bring myself to do it lol. We will see what happens this summer.

Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
I've had my GT PP1 six weeks and just hit 900 miles today. Dealer did install of MGW Shifter before I picked up car. Been extremely mindful of following break-in. Nothing above 3500RPM with no hard pulls, etc. No banging gears with a lot of cycling to keep RPM up/down. Two weeks ago, noticed random lock out of 2nd gear. Dismissed it as I missed - it does happen. Today, normal ride home, simple 2K shift and it was like hitting a wall. Had to go to Neutral, disengage and double clutch and then it would go in. Did it twice in 10 mile ride home...………………..its a September 2018 build date. Going back to dealer.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I’m not sure if mine broke the 1-2 fork and destroyed the synchros or one or the other because they never cracked it open. They just replaced the trans from another 2019 on the lot.

I insisted on the new trans from the donor car coming from a 2019 production date and they held true to that. It was made in March.

The new trans feels MUCH better than the old one. My car was built in July 2018. The old trans felt loose and sloppy compared to the new one.
Sponsored