Sponsored

Aftermarket Leather SeatSkins

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a base model mustang 2016 v6 and upgraded to katzkin leather seats and I can tell you they are worth it. The kit comes with front 2 seat covers and headrest and that goes for the rear as well with side door trim View attachment 319951
20180405_164158.jpg
20180405_164142.jpg
That looks awesome! Did you install this yourself? If so, where did you purchase Katzkin from? As pointed out earlier, they only ship to certified installers..
Sponsored

z3ro_011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikee
Vehicle(s)
SS50 3.7l DOHC V6 2016
That looks awesome! Did you install this yourself? If so, where did you purchase Katzkin from? As pointed out earlier, they only ship to certified installers..
I bought this off from a seller on ebay and I had somebody hired to install this kit. I bought the kit when ebay has a promotional 20% off sitewide and decided to buy this kit since it looks awesome. As you can see in the picture it does comes with every parts including the side door panel inserts which gives it more a refine look. The kit was being sold for 800 usd at that time and I payed over 400usd fornthe installation. seller https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/332581167641

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
[QUOTE="ronnyek42, post: 2392695, member: 38173"

I am curious as to whether the seats and seat foams are the same between cloth seats and leather... because you can find oem sets of the leather skins for fairly cheap as well. I'm not necessarily trying to make my interior look BETTER... I just hate how the cloth seats attract all kinds of hair and like smudges or whatever... pain to clean.[/QUOTE]

The only difference in the OEM seat covers is whether it's a coupe, or convertible. The rear seats in a convertible are different. As far as the foam, it's the same no matter if you order leather, or cloth. The Katzkins are cut, and styled to fit right over the OEM foam. I would guess the competitors are the same, but you would want to make sure.

z3ro_011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikee
Vehicle(s)
SS50 3.7l DOHC V6 2016
[QUOTE="ronnyek42, post: 2392695, member: 38173"

I am curious as to whether the seats and seat foams are the same between cloth seats and leather... because you can find oem sets of the leather skins for fairly cheap as well. I'm not necessarily trying to make my interior look BETTER... I just hate how the cloth seats attract all kinds of hair and like smudges or whatever... pain to clean.
The only difference in the OEM seat covers is whether it's a coupe, or convertible. The rear seats in a convertible are different. As far as the foam, it's the same no matter if you order leather, or cloth. The Katzkins are cut, and styled to fit right over the OEM foam. I would guess the competitors are the same, but you would want to make sure.[/QUOTE]
This kit only replace the top portion of the seat, in my case the cloth material

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I had my 2018 changed to Katzkin leather. I love the way they look and feel and I get tons of compliments. They take off the existing cloth or leather prior to putting them on.

Sponsored

ripto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
People say the Katzkins feel better... in what regard? Do the stitched sections feel different?

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
People say the Katzkins feel better... in what regard? Do the stitched sections feel different?
I would just say softer and more supple? Feels like higher quality leather but I may be trying to justify it in my mind.

Deleted member 35644

I THINK I've decided on some LeatherSeats.com covers for my car. Looking at black Ecstasy leather, perforated inserts, Dove Grey stitching. Anyone know a good installer in the Dallas area?

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I THINK I've decided on some LeatherSeats.com covers for my car. Looking at black Ecstasy leather, perforated inserts, Dove Grey stitching. Anyone know a good installer in the Dallas area?
Leatherseats.com is located in Oklahoma City, could you drive up there and have them installed? Do they do installation?

Sponsored

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I swapped factory leather for katzskins. Super comfortable, looks stock they are made so well. Install is simple, do it yourself.
katzskins.jpg

Deleted member 35644

I swapped a set of OEM leather covers onto my '13 Focus ST seats. That was far from simple. Cuss-fest is what I called it. But I think some people just have a natural talent for it. I'm not one of them. I'm not even remotely entertaining the thought of taking on that job again.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I swapped factory leather for katzskins. Super comfortable, looks stock they are made so well. Install is simple, do it yourself.
katzskins.jpg
How did you obtain the covers? Again, I thought Katzskins had to be installed by an upholstery shop?

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
How did you obtain the covers? Again, I thought Katzskins had to be installed by an upholstery shop?
There is a vendor here thats a dealer modaddiction. Just do a search for katzskins and his threads come up.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I had a 2007 F150 supercab that I put katzskins on, fairly easy job. Most modern seat covers have plastic clips and velcro holding them on and a few hog rings The front seat backrests and head rests are the hardest part of the job. First timers might find it easier to remove the front seats from the car and work on a bench. Every ford front seat I've ever touched has four bolts or studs and nuts holding the bottom cushion to the frame. Just unbolt it, flip it over and work on it on the bench, just peel off the old cloth cover, cut the old hog rings, and reverse the procedure with the new leather cover. I found the set on ebay at the time, paid 550 for the whole kit, and another 20 for a pair of hog ring pliers and a box of 200 hog rings
Sponsored

Last edited: