Sponsored

Roush Releases H-Pipe 15-19 Mustangs

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
Don't all H-pipes sound the same? What could make one sound any different than another?
I used to think this too, but they do not. Maybe the construction or quality of the materials affects the sounds, but idk if I could I would try them all out and post them on here but I do not have that kind of money haha. I've seen a couple videos on YouTube of different brands and there are some actual differences lol.
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I used to think this too, but they do not. Maybe the construction or quality of the materials affects the sounds, but idk if I could I would try them all out and post them on here but I do not have that kind of money haha. I've seen a couple videos on YouTube of different brands and there are some actual differences lol.
Aluminized steel is going to sound a bit different than stainless. I don't think the designs are different at all.

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aluminized steel is going to sound a bit different than stainless. I don't think the designs are different at all.
The connecting tube for some of them are in different places. Check out the Roush and Mishimoto H-pipes.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The connecting tube for some of them are in different places. Check out the Roush and Mishimoto H-pipes.
Good point. It appears that the Roush H-pipe has the connecting pipe further back than the Steeda.

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ready to see a better audio clip before I pull the trigger.

Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Don't all H-pipes sound the same? What could make one sound any different than another?
If made correctly, they will sound the exact same if made out of the same material. Thereā€™s no special tech involved here, itā€™s connecting tubes.

Personally, I've always bought the inexpensive universal H-Pipes as the H-Pipe comes as 2 pieces instead of 1 piece, allowing you to see inside of the entire H-Pipe before it gets welded together and installed on your vehicle.

upload_2018-11-21_6-42-4.jpeg

The non-universal ā€œbrand nameā€ H-Pipes come as one piece, so you have no idea if the crossover section of the H-Pipe looks like the image below. Plus, a universal H-Pipe is $40 verses $200-$400 for the "brand name" 1 piece H-Pipe.

5253.png

0307Vet_Pipe07_z.jpg

Last edited:

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If made correctly, they will sound the exact same if made out of the same material. Thereā€™s no special tech involved here, itā€™s connecting tubes.

Personally, I've always bought the inexpensive universal H-Pipes as the H-Pipe comes as 2 pieces instead of 1 piece, allowing you to see inside of the entire H-Pipe before it gets welded together and installed on your vehicle.

upload_2018-11-21_6-42-4.jpeg

The non-universal ā€œbrand nameā€ H-Pipes come as one piece, so you have no idea if the crossover section of the H-Pipe looks like the image below. Plus, a universal H-Pipe is $40 verses $200-$400 for the "brand name" 1 piece H-Pipe.

5253.png

0307Vet_Pipe07_z.jpg
Thanks for that. Man now I'm worried lol

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
Steeda's is $127 and with their black Friday it was $103.

For that price I'm good buying name brand and supporting a vendor.

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I didn't find it difficult to inspect the inside of my Steeda H-pipe using a mirror similar to the kind dentists use. The quality was excellent as was the exterior welds. It was NOTHING like the Godawful mess in the picture in post #21.

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Steeda H Pipe with my Roush Axle Back and Iā€™m very happy with it. I agree the sound clip is weak, but I would have rolled the dice and went with the Roush H Pipe if it was out when I bought my Steeda.
Is there any drone on highway speeds?

Gtgpa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had the steeda one put on this week. It sounds hardcore. Shop was impressed with the quality. I canā€™t see spending several hundred bucks when this one is around 100.

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
I had the steeda one put on this week. It sounds hardcore. Shop was impressed with the quality. I canā€™t see spending several hundred bucks when this one is around 100.
You had Steedaā€™s H-pipe or X-pipe installed?