Sponsored

Ordered 2019 Time to build seems crazy ??

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
I think ITLRUN (Joe) was an exception. He’s a race driver who lives near me. I actually met him at the detail shop a few days after he took delivery of this new Mustang. It’s a beautiful car. Due to his past history with Ford (his GT350 caught fire during a race) I believe/speculate that some phone calls were made on his behalf to get the order expedited. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...to-hipo-joe-charles-beautiful-mustang.112053/
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think ITLRUN (Joe) was an exception. He’s a race driver who lives near me. I actually met him at the detail shop a few days after he took delivery of this new Mustang. It’s a beautiful car. Due to his past history with Ford (his GT350 caught fire during a race) I believe/speculate that some phone calls were made on his behalf to get the order expedited. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...to-hipo-joe-charles-beautiful-mustang.112053/
Ah could be. I do think though if there were actual problems being fixed, like some have postulated (engine MT etc) not even his would have gotten done that quickly. If it were a back order of a part or parts, your theory could be spot on.

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked in with my dealer. He is baffled why it is taking so long for me to get a VIN, and admits whatever is causing the delays is not being shared with the dealers. He deals mostly with trucks and is having no problems getting them. His thoughts are that they are having a lot of people buying the Bullitt and CS models that is causing Ford to have problems keeping up.

Last edited:

Chs51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Did anyone actual get to the point of receiving a VIN# from Ford or the Dealer? I don’t completely understand Ford’s system but i didn’t think they assigned a VIN until they were ready to schedule. My order, placed 10/17/2018 has Magneride and I received my VIN yesterday. No production date yet, however. Have not received any info on a Magneride shortage.
I ordered my ‘19 on October 4 th from LFP in Lebanon Ohio and was also told yesterday that the Magneride option is backordered and was holding up my order. They told me I will know more about my order Dec 1st!

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my ‘19 on October 4 th from LFP in Lebanon Ohio and was also told yesterday that the Magneride option is backordered and was holding up my order. They told me I will know more about my order Dec 1st!
Chuck, have you received a VIN and / or a Production date? I received my VIN# about two weeks after I placed the order. Then, a week following that I got an Estimated Delivery Date of 1/29/2019 via the Ford tracking website. Build week is 1/7/2019. Have you tried tracking yours on the website with your VIN? BTW, my order is a GT Prem, w/ Magneride and PP1. I can’t stand this waiting. I found a GT350 at a dealer in the next state, same color as my Ordered GT. Thinking about just going and buying it now. Wife says I should just wait on the ordered GT.

Sponsored

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

4N6DOC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Edge Sport 2019 Ford Mustang GT 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Thanks. As luck would have it have an extreme cold front moving in up here and from what I read the Michelins shouldn't be run below 40 degrees. Sunday is looking nice and sunny though.

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My 07/21 order got delivered today. Gonna check her out tomm and drop off a set of Blizzaks to be swapped. Maybe take a short ride on summers b4 they swap.. i'll be taking her home on Thursday.

Sponsored

Dano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
First post to this forum. Here is my story:

Ordered on 9/3/18
EDD 1/2/19
Did not receive VIN until 10/24/18

Velocity Blue GT Premium, 401A, Midnight blue interior, performance pack, active exhaust, safe and smart

Originally ordered magniride, but two weeks in I was told that was holding up the order. Thinking that deleting was going to move things along. I deleted that option. Still going slow.

I figure that this process is just part of the master plan to help me learn patience in life.
Just got an update from my dealer today. He texted me a picture of the status from his computer screen.
Status/Rail car date - 12/11/18 Scheduled
DLR ETA WK - 12/21/18

Could be a very merry Christmas!

Note: The vehicle order tracking website still shows the same status as above.

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For what it’s worth, just checked the Ford Tracking site. My GT Prem, PP1 w/Magneride just had the EDD bumped UP. Ordered 10/17/2018. EDD was showing 1/29/2019. As of this morning the EDD changed to 1/25/2019. I know it’s only a 4 day difference but at least it is nice to see some positive movement. Ford probably had a few more cars headed down south and was able to fill up the train car sooner than they originally expected. I doubt this has anything to do with the actual build schedule. But, who knows. Nice to see the dates change for the better.

UPDATE: well crap. I ate some Turkey and Pumpkin Pie, checked the tracking website again and now the EDD is back to 1/29/2019. I guess it was a system glitch. Guess I’ll go watch some football and try not to think about it.

UPDATE2: 8:15pm. Just had a turkey sandwich, checked the tracking site again. Now EDD is 1/25/2019 again. Weird.

Last edited:

hailo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't understand how you guys are getting delivery dates already. I ordered on 10/8 and still can't get a VIN.

Stang Racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 301A
This might be slowing down production....In Flat Rock, Mich., Ford is dialing down to one shift, from two, at the factory producing the Mustang. Sales of the muscle car have declined 1.3 percent this year, including a 6 percent drop last month. About 500 workers there will move to a plant in Livonia, Mich.,

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This might be slowing down production....In Flat Rock, Mich., Ford is dialing down to one shift, from two, at the factory producing the Mustang. Sales of the muscle car have declined 1.3 percent this year, including a 6 percent drop last month. About 500 workers there will move to a plant in Livonia, Mich.,
Is this info posted anywhere like Blue Oval?
Sponsored