SCT BDX vs HP Tuners NGauge

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Anyone have experience with the BDX tuner? I use a Mac for school and personal use so I just want to make sure before I hit that order button that I won't run into any issues. From what I've been reading and asking Vendors is that the BDX is completely cloud operated, meaning I can update the device and receive tunes through the cloud without ever having to plug it in to a computer. I was also wondering about data logging, can that be done via the cloud? I've never owned a tuner device so I'm completely clueless when it comes to how they work. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Anyone have experience with the BDX tuner? I use a Mac for school and personal use so I just want to make sure before I hit that order button that I won't run into any issues. From what I've been reading and asking Vendors is that the BDX is completely cloud operated, meaning I can update the device and receive tunes through the cloud without ever having to plug it in to a computer. I was also wondering about data logging, can that be done via the cloud? I've never owned a tuner device so I'm completely clueless when it comes to how they work. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I'm personally not a fan of SCT products. I've had two X4s fail on me. One my 1le camaro and one on my 2015 GTPP. When the one for my 15 failed, I was without my tuner for over two weeks and was out of warranty. Ended up costing me $125 to fix the pos... I then went Lund ngauge and it was a much better device. No issues.

For my 18, I'm going hp tuners ngauge through PBD. I like the idea of having a transbrake in the future. I switched tuning companies because it seems PBD is on top with 18+ cars. Plus I didn't care for the lackluster support I got from Lund.

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I'm personally not a fan of SCT products. I've had two X4s fail on me. One my 1le camaro and one on my 2015 GTPP. When the one for my 15 failed, I was without my tuner for over two weeks and was out of warranty. Ended up costing me $125 to fix the pos... I then went Lund ngauge and it was a much better device. No issues.

For my 18, I'm going hp tuners ngauge through PBD. I like the idea of having a transbrake in the future. I switched tuning companies because it seems PBD is on top with 18+ cars. Plus I didn't care for the lackluster support I got from Lund.
Thanks for the info, I'm leaning towards an NGauge, just wanted to know if the price bump was worth it.

SCT BDX here and has worked flawless. Had X3 used on SHO and 14 GT also zero issues. I like livelink2 datalogging myself.
Can you pull the datalog without LiveLink with the BDX? That's my only possible issue, I don't have a PC so I won't be able to use LiveLink.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
We've been using SCT devices here for ages. I'm actually very close friends with the founder of SCT and have been dealing with him before SCT was even created. Since then they've always had an upper hand on the device market always improving their products. Over the years we've used X2's, X3's, IT-X's, X4's and BDX's. We've also been selling them to our customers for the last 14 years with great success.

Fast forward to now and our 2018 GT was tuned by Lund Racing with the BDX. The device works great and SCT has grown so much giving it's customers full support by phone, email and live chat. It's so easy to use as well. Just plug it in and follow the prompts. It's that simple. The newer devices from SCT are cloud based and allow for updates and tunes to be loaded through wifi. However datalogging isn't done through the cloud. You can datalog on the device without a PC but to upload it to your tuner you'll need a computer.

We've also been using the Lund Racing nGauge which is made by E-motion on several of our project cars and have sold thousands of them to our customers. It's an awesome device and has some perks to it over the current SCT devices. The main thing is that it's small and can be easily mounted like a monitoring gauge with the window mount or AC vent. Unlike the SCT device which is larger and usually ends up in the glove box or console after the car has been flashed.

The ngauge also uses an SD card to load files so it's really easy to put new tunes and datalogging config files onto. It's also compatible with MAC and PC's. The HPT ngauge is pretty much the same device as the Lund Racing ngauge but with different firmware on it.

Both devices are capable of flashing the same tune. SCT's user end adjustability however is better as you can make parameter adjustments on your own to several things that the gauge doesn't have the ability to at this time. That may change as time goes on but SCT definitely has the user end adjustability in it's corner.

If you're looking for a device by itself, device with custom tune or a power package with one of these devices now is the time. We've got some insane deals going on right now for Black Friday / Cyber Monday which include a rebate from SCT, reduced custom tuning, lowered pricing on ngauge/tune combos and drastically reduced power packages.
We've got tuning from the 4 top calibrators in the industry as well all under one roof. Lund Racing, Palm Beach Dyno, Li Tuning & Racing and AED. So we've got tons of options.

Make sure to check out the link below which lists all of our Black Friday deals and let us know if you have any other questions.
https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/black-friday

header1.png

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
You can datalog on device, but it is limited. I use windows based laptop and can log 55-60 pids simultaneously.

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
We've been using SCT devices here for ages. I'm actually very close friends with the founder of SCT and have been dealing with him before SCT was even created. Since then they've always had an upper hand on the device market always improving their products. Over the years we've used X2's, X3's, IT-X's, X4's and BDX's. We've also been selling them to our customers for the last 14 years with great success.

Fast forward to now and our 2018 GT was tuned by Lund Racing with the BDX. The device works great and SCT has grown so much giving it's customers full support by phone, email and live chat. It's so easy to use as well. Just plug it in and follow the prompts. It's that simple. The newer devices from SCT are cloud based and allow for updates and tunes to be loaded through wifi. However datalogging isn't done through the cloud. You can datalog on the device without a PC but to upload it to your tuner you'll need a computer.

We've also been using the Lund Racing nGauge which is made by E-motion on several of our project cars and have sold thousands of them to our customers. It's an awesome device and has some perks to it over the current SCT devices. The main thing is that it's small and can be easily mounted like a monitoring gauge with the window mount or AC vent. Unlike the SCT device which is larger and usually ends up in the glove box or console after the car has been flashed.

The ngauge also uses an SD card to load files so it's really easy to put new tunes and datalogging config files onto. It's also compatible with MAC and PC's. The HPT ngauge is pretty much the same device as the Lund Racing ngauge but with different firmware on it.

Both devices are capable of flashing the same tune. SCT's user end adjustability however is better as you can make parameter adjustments on your own to several things that the gauge doesn't have the ability to at this time. That may change as time goes on but SCT definitely has the user end adjustability in it's corner.

If you're looking for a device by itself, device with custom tune or a power package with one of these devices now is the time. We've got some insane deals going on right now for Black Friday / Cyber Monday which include a rebate from SCT, reduced custom tuning, lowered pricing on ngauge/tune combos and drastically reduced power packages.
We've got tuning from the 4 top calibrators in the industry as well all under one roof. Lund Racing, Palm Beach Dyno, Li Tuning & Racing and AED. So we've got tons of options.

Make sure to check out the link below which lists all of our Black Friday deals and let us know if you have any other questions.

header1.png
Thanks for the Info, guess i'll be purchasing the Lund NGauge from you guys on Friday.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the Info, guess i'll be purchasing the Lund NGauge from you guys on Friday.
Thanks! We're here to help so if you have any questions in the meantime please let us know.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PBD and Lund Racing Sales are LIVE!! Looking forward to hearing from you today.
Thanks!

Sponsored

Cinco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergio
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

header1.png
Probably already answered but for datalogging is the SCT BDX still requiring a PC? Or has it since been upgraded to be able to communicate with MAC?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
BDX has worked flawlessly personally. Nguage also is ok especially since it seems their later version allow for options like KAM resets where they did not use to.

Being in IT I cannot stand anything Mac based but I get the need for cross platform compatibility. BDX had alot of cloud based functionality but features are definitely enhanced when connected to PC.
Sponsored