Factory Brembo Rotors and Pads?

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2015 GT with the PP, car runs well but the dang Brembos on this thing squeak like there is no tomorrow. I have pulled the wheels and checked the pads and calipers and they have ample life left in them and was able to confirm they are original to the car as it has relatively low miles (30,000). I spoke with my service advisor that I actually trust and have a good relationship with over the years and he stated that is a common complaint with the PP Brembos. What have yall done to get these dang breaks to stop squeaking? i have also tried
Pull the pads and bevel the leading and trailing edges at about a 35-45 deg angle. Many German manufacturers do this straight from the factory. What you are hearing it a high frequency vibration of the pad's backing against the caliper/mount. You'll also want to apply a little anti-squeal compound on any areas the pad's metal backing that makes contact when mounted.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Anybody who can follow directions about when to push the brake pedal down, hold it, and release it is really all you need. I've enlisted help from various family members (like, whoever was available at the moment). Son-in-law has had his daughter working the brake pedal when she was 12. Norm
FYI, the Brembo brakes have 2 bleed screws on each front caliper, and there is a very specific sequence the entire system has to be bled in, or it will not work. And it is NOT starting with the furthest from the master-cylinder.

The info for the sequence can be found easily, but I don't remember it.

Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2015 GT with the PP, car runs well but the dang Brembos on this thing squeak like there is no tomorrow. I have pulled the wheels and checked the pads and calipers and they have ample life left in them and was able to confirm they are original to the car as it has relatively low miles (30,000). I spoke with my service advisor that I actually trust and have a good relationship with over the years and he stated that is a common complaint with the PP Brembos. What have yall done to get these dang breaks to stop squeaking? i have also tried
1. Be sure it's the front, and not the rears. I thought is was my fronts, and it was my rears.

2. Remove the pads, clean everything, and apply anti-squeal stuff where appropriate.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
FYI, the Brembo brakes have 2 bleed screws on each front caliper, and there is a very specific sequence the entire system has to be bled in, or it will not work. And it is NOT starting with the furthest from the master-cylinder.

The info for the sequence can be found easily, but I don't remember it.
Your helper only needs to know how to follow your directions (when to press, hold, and release).

It's up to you to get the sequence right, but that's on you no matter what specific method you use. At least for my kit, the sequence for each individual Brembo caliper goes "inside, then outside, then inside again".

Norm
Sponsored