Sponsored

Steeda's New Dual Rate Ultimate Handling Springs - (Track Proven Winner!!!)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Get a digital angle finder from Harbor Freight, it's good to about ±0.1° if you're patient and your driveway is level side to side. Strings and jackstands for toe.

And you're right - you will want to start DIY'ing your own alignments.

full.jpg

Norm
Sponsored

Last edited:

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
I'll look into this.Thanks

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Quick update! Drove the car to work today. Love the way the car feels and the more I drive it the better it gets. At my exit doing about 45 mph, the surface was uneven with some ripples the car bounced a bit. I added 1/8 turn for a total settings of 1 1/2 turn in the fronts and 1/2 turn total in the rear. The car felt even better on the drive home. The ride is firm and sporty but nowhere near harsh or crashy . The drop remained 3/4 Up front and 1/2 in the rear which I actually prefer. Here's a quick shot of the car on 18x10, 265/40/18 tires.
20181016_102210.jpg

Edit: Correction on the front drop, it is actually a 1/2 inch drop. Had a brain fart. lol. So 1/2" drop all around on my Ecoboost.

Last edited:

Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Get a digital angle finder from Harbor Freight, it's good to about ±0.1° if you're patient and your driveway is level side to side. Strings and jackstands for toe.

And you're right - you will want to start DIY'ing your own alignments.

full.jpg

Norm
So gave in and picked up one of these.:rockon:
20181025_180106.jpg
Since I have 6 vehicles in the household and 3 need alignments now, I figured it almost paid for itself already.:crackup:

Last edited:

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
So, took the car up to Summit Point this weekend and had a blast. The new suspension set up and all the chassis mods (STEEDA) worked as advertised. Very controlled, predictable, and fun handling car. My instructor who drives a new 18 PP GT was very impressed with the amount of grip and how the car handled. And all that was on my street settings. Very impressed and looking forward for the next track day. Oh, and I ended up winning the " most improved driver " of the event and got a $100 gift card. :handsinair: Lol

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
That's great to hear 16EcomustangDIB!!! Glad you had a blast and enjoyed and felt confidence with your Steeda suspension parts. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you!!! Also congrats on the winning the most improved driver!

-Steeda Tech

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Sure will and thanks.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For those that are following ... we have our Black Friday Sales right around the corner :) - mark your calendars for November 16th

5d5c78a9-b254-46d2-a595-de44a5ec8cc1.jpg

Some great savings to be had!

TJ

Sponsored

S550AC11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
17 PP GT
How is the ride quality with these springs? I like the .75" drop. I have a stock PP suspension now for reference. I would consider the sport progressive but some pics look slammed while others look perfect. Not sure why, and not sure which I'd end up with, lol

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
How is the ride quality with these springs? I like the .75" drop. I have a stock PP suspension now for reference. I would consider the sport progressive but some pics look slammed while others look perfect. Not sure why, and not sure which I'd end up with, lol
The ride quality of the Steeda Dual Rate Springs are great, with the Steeda Pro-Action Adjustable dampers set on soft.
Another, option would be our Steeda Minimum Drop lowering springs.
Steeda Tech

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The ride quality of the Steeda Dual Rate Springs are great, with the Steeda Pro-Action Adjustable dampers set on soft.
Another, option would be our Steeda Minimum Drop lowering springs.
Steeda Tech
IMHO Ride quality is ok, considering the significant spring rate increase above stock. If you're very concerned about ride quality, then a spring as stiff as the DR might be too stiff for you.

Like the Steeda guy says, comfort is better with adjustable shocks set to a softer setting. With stiff shocks & the stiff springs and the car follows small bumps in the road pretty closely. Its amazing on track, and a bit stiffer than ideal for your average city road.

S550AC11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
17 PP GT
I ended up going progressives with non adj. shocks, mounts, camber plates, braces, cradle inserts with bolt sleeves. Thanks for the input, I'll have pix when it's all done.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I ended up going progressives with non adj. shocks, mounts, camber plates, braces, cradle inserts with bolt sleeves. Thanks for the input, I'll have pix when it's all done.
Looking forward to your pictures . Please reach out to our tech team if you have any questions.
Steeda Tech
Sponsored