Sponsored

I am thinking of adding the IRS subframe, bushing kit and G track. What to expect

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
As seen from my previous thread I ended up not buying the steeda dampeners and shocks and installed the ford street handling performance pack. Issues were cost, concerns about ride quality and a slipper slope of parts where as the Ford kit had everything i needed to obtain proper alignment, camber, mounting etc.

However, i am not quite done. It is black Friday week and I am still thinking of adding the chasis parts, namely the Steeda IRS subframe supports and subframe alignment bushing and G trac supports of front.

Will this make any noticeable difference in my daily driving experience or is it more of the type of improvement that although present, you can't really perceive?
Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
With all mentioned, you will feel the difference.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
And ordered.

I might actually run out of stuff to do to her soon...

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am there currently. Unless I go big ticket, which I can not right now LOL

Sponsored

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
@Allentown post your feedback once fitted. We are sure you will love the difference....
So far so good.

I am really digging what you can do in the aftermarket and it's making me realize more and more this is a better route for the average Joe than going for a GT350 as using the aftermarket you can prioritize and balance the car the way YOU want it . I haven't eliminated wheel spin but darn if I haven't just about turned my mustang into something that legitimately feels closer to other cars I've owned such as the legendary 370z, C7 vette and the RCF.

Okay...maybe those above are a slight exaggeration but having owned all of the above plus 8 mustangs now...i can honestly say that this 18 mustang build is rapidly turning into one of the best stangs I have ever driven and that it easily surpasses my moderately nodded 2011 GT500 w SVT suspension as far as finding the right compromise between performance and street manners.

I just ordered the Steeda Vertical Links...poly bushing version for it. :)

Edit: I also just ordered the Steeda bumpsteer kit and the Steeda Toe Link and bearings kit. I was pretty much copying what is going to be on the Steve Mcqueen special edition of the bullitt as far as suspension.

Last edited:

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
That should set you up a treat. By the way if you are interested one of our dealers int he Czech Republic did a track day with their customers and took the opportunity to do some comparisons. They did a back to back test (same driver) with their Steeda equipped demo car, a stock 18 GT and a Shelby GT350. Their Steeda demo car was 2.7 seconds a lap quicker than the OEM 18 and 2 seconds quicker than the GT350!

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
That should set you up a treat. By the way if you are interested one of our dealers int he Czech Republic did a track day with their customers and took the opportunity to do some comparisons. They did a back to back test (same driver) with their Steeda equipped demo car, a stock 18 GT and a Shelby GT350. Their Steeda demo car was 2.7 seconds a lap quicker than the OEM 18 and 2 seconds quicker than the GT350!
Are you saying that a GT350 was only .7 seconds faster than a stock 2018 GT? Seems strange....

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Are you saying that a GT350 was only .7 seconds faster than a stock 2018 GT? Seems strange....
Maybe not. I would find that weird for a stock 15 to 17 but the 18s are not to be underestimated maybe? For example, I wasted a fair chunk of change finding out a base 18 with an auto actually pretty much already had the PP suspension in it. An 18 auto is faster than a GT350 in a straight line (and it's a lot faster from a dig than my modded GT500 to 60 and in the 1/4 and it was around 630tq/hp at crank).

If he only went around the track
1 to 2 laps and never got into the braking, cooling and aero advantages offered on a GT350 then...maybe?

Obviously longer racing would result in hotter brakes and limp mode inducing issues in various areas on a GT bit single lap could well be a different story.

Last edited:

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Maybe not. I would find that weird for a stock 15 to 17 but the 18s are not to be underestimated maybe? For example, I wasted a fair chunk of change finding out a base 18 with an auto actually pretty much already had the PP suspension in it. An 18 auto is faster than a GT350 in a straight line (and it's a lot faster from a dig than my modded GT500 to 60 and in the 1/4 and it was around 630tq/hp at crank).

If he only went around the track
1 to 2 laps and never got into the braking, cooling and aero advantages offered on a GT350 then...maybe?

Obviously longer racing would result in hotter brakes and limp mode inducing issues in various areas on a GT bit single lap could well be a different story.
I understand the straight line aspects...but I would think the track would have a much greater advantage unless the track was REALLY short.

Other tracks show at LEAST a 4-6 second difference per lap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
I understand the straight line aspects...but I would think the track would have a much greater advantage unless the track was REALLY short.

Other tracks show at LEAST a 4-6 second difference per lap.
I scrolled back up. It just says "stock GT". I wonder if it was a PP2 equipped example?