Sponsored

is the Kenne Bell 3.2 or 3.6 Supercharger kit EU 17 Mustang Compatible

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
as the title says

Does anybody know if the Kenne bell Supercharger kits are compatible with EU Mustangs?

I have a 2017 Mustang GT (picture below) and have wanted a Kenne Bell supercharged mustang for a very long time. I know Whipple and Roush kits are both compatible but I have not come across anyone with a Kenne Bell kit on a EU Mustang.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? or is it because the whipple is just reduced headache. My plan for this motor is to keep it for life and eventually hit 1000hp (hopefully I have a long time to do it). I think as I add more HP the KB is something I can work with all the way till the goal is reached.

Untitled.jpg
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I have no answer to your question, but i just wanted to say that mustang looks badass.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Agreed V8_motor your car is bad ass.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Depends on how the engine bay is layed out, the KB mammoth elbow comes out a lot and may interfere with the battery compartment area. I do believe that giant bracket thing can be removed and may allow you the room needed for the elbow and TB, how ever you'l have nothing between engine bay heat and your battery at that point.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The main thing that I see being an issue is the way the RHD bulkhead panel differs from LHD.
If you haven’t noticed the difference, take note of the way your wipers are orientated vs LHD, you’ll soon work it out.
Without seeing one of these installed on a LHD car I can’t be more specific sorry.
Even the Whipple requires either lowered mounts or trimming to clear the plastic bulkhead panel on a RHD vehicle.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no answer to your question, but i just wanted to say that mustang looks badass.
Agreed V8_motor your car is bad ass.
Can’t answer your question but I love your car, US Badge is killer.
hahaha thanks guys. Much appreciated. Its a work in progress but cosmetically its almost how I want it to look. If y'all have Instagram, im on there as King_Cobra_Mustang. Here are some more pictures too :D The American flag emblem was actually bought from the states too. Really nice quality. company called Shadow Six Romeo. They have an emblem for the 2nd armoured division which says 'Hell on wheels' nut I have no connection to them so I decided against getting one. My uncle is a Navy vet and they don't have anything for that.

If you’re shooting for 1000 hp, it would be easier to go with twins.
This is true but the whine of a supercharger is very important for me.

Depends on how the engine bay is layed out, the KB mammoth elbow comes out a lot and may interfere with the battery compartment area. I do believe that giant bracket thing can be removed and may allow you the room needed for the elbow and TB, how ever you'l have nothing between engine bay heat and your battery at that point.
The main thing that I see being an issue is the way the RHD bulkhead panel differs from LHD.
If you haven’t noticed the difference, take note of the way your wipers are orientated vs LHD, you’ll soon work it out.
Without seeing one of these installed on a LHD car I can’t be more specific sorry.
Even the Whipple requires either lowered mounts or trimming to clear the plastic bulkhead panel on a RHD vehicle.
I know what you guys mean, the Roush SC does this and a friend of mine has it installed where he has had to cut into the metal brace. If that's the only issue, I have no problems with that as I can always get a custom strut tower brace made to add stiffness and plan on putting more bracing under the car anyway. The thing that worries me is that Roush have a specific "kit" which allows their install to happen on the RHD models. I wonder if such a thing is required for KB.

If I have to move the battery to the boot, ill happily do that too. Make use of the space where the spare tyre goes.

The Roush Right hand drive kits includes the following

• RHD Closeout Foam Seal
  • 27mm Constant Tension Clamp - Black
  • 19mm x 19mm Connector (3/4" x 3/4")
  • Battery Closeout Foam Seal
  • RHD Brake Aspirator Extension
  • 5.6mm (7/32" Bypass Hose)
  • Installation Instructions

if parts of that sort are all I need then it wont be a problem as I can sources those from various hardware stores. My worry is that I spend the big bucks. Get all excited and 95% way through the install, I realize things arent gonna gel. Followed by crying for 6 days straight and crying during disassembly and crying during reassembly. lol

I sent KB a message on Monday morning but still haven't had anything from them.
mustang.jpg
IMG_20180812_180422_665.jpg
IMG_20181013_222453_224.jpg
IMG_20181115_222417_054.jpg

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so, just thought I'd update this as others may have a similar question.

After speaking to Rick over at Kenne Bell and him asking the question to their Australian dealers, I was told that the kit is indeed compatible and requires some modification to the battery box area and the removal of the black brace (pretty much standard for all rear inlet kits).

Based on that, I ended up buying the 2.8LC Polished kit with NGK spark plugs and the Kenne Bell 93 octane tune which I think is 12psi. They had a 15% off sale at the time which made it a no brainer for me really. Coincidently another guy in the UK also bought the kit. His is working like a charm and fits really well. He loves it.

I have also decided to do some upgrades to the car before I put the kit on just for peace of mind. Its a little over kill but I just want to reduce the risk of things going wrong.

GT350 Timing chains
MMR OPG's
MMR Crank Sprocket
MMR GENx Chain Guides
MMR Primary Tensioners
MMR Secondary Tensioner Bracket
ATI Damper with ARP bolt
Mishimoto mustang GT Oil Cooler
Steeda Front K-Brace
Steeda Diff Bushing
Steeda IRS cradle bushing alignment kit (This will later be replaced with the BMR (BK047) rear cradle bushing kit which I have already bought but a nightmare to install apparently and increase the NVH a lot so may change my mind on that)
BMR CB762 IRS bracing system
Stifflers Driveshaft Safety Loop
Steeda Rear Suspension Spring Spacers
Steeda Front Ride Height Spacer Kit (need to raise car as its already really low and will get lower with supercharger weight)

Will also be installing the OEM performance pack gauges in a custom pod as well as a GT350 steering air bag module with the cobra to finish the car off for now.

Will eventually upgrade the drive shaft and half shafts as well along with some BBK shorty headers.

MoZ

MoZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang GT
Hey V8_MOTOR your car looks awesome. Also in the UK and looking at Kenne Bell at the moment. How did you get on with yours and do you have any pics? Hopefully its installed and running sweet now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey V8_MOTOR your car looks awesome. Also in the UK and looking at Kenne Bell at the moment. How did you get on with yours and do you have any pics? Hopefully its installed and running sweet now.
Its not yet on as I'm still working on the supporting mods. Not long now though hopefully.

Henry_Hentzschel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10A
OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)