Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
18 plus is a plug by airbox.
15s have the plug by the airbox also. I find pulling a fuse easier than getting to that damn connector (airaid intake).

Whatever works for ya and is easiest.

OP
OP

Eetabeetay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I never did get this fixed. After going back and forth with the tuner and looking over datalogs it still is dropping power at the same spot. We did pull the fuse for both Dyno sessions. Datalogs look great, no knock or anything weird going on.

I don't have the money right now to try out a different tuner, but hopefully early next year I will. Since the datalogs look fine though I'm really wondering if it could be something mechanical though.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I never did get this fixed. After going back and forth with the tuner and looking over datalogs it still is dropping power at the same spot. We did pull the fuse for both Dyno sessions. Datalogs look great, no knock or anything weird going on.

I don't have the money right now to try out a different tuner, but hopefully early next year I will. Since the datalogs look fine though I'm really wondering if it could be something mechanical though.
How does it drive? Any symptoms to make it feel mechanical?

OP
OP

Eetabeetay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Feels fine. Only issue is this weird throttle thing when it's cold where I'll maintain a constant pedal position with my foot, yet the car will sort of surge and drop a bunch like some 16 yr old learning to drive for the first time, only happens when the transmission is in sport mode. No noticeable issues at WoT though.

I just don't know how it could be the tune still when everything on the datalogs looks fine. AFR is good, knock is good, logged torque source as well and nothings cutting torque until redline, inlet air temps look good.

Sponsored

mmacoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 s550
I dyno 422 bone stock.... looks like you are getting knock and its pulling timing

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I dyno 422 bone stock.... looks like you are getting knock and its pulling timing
Apparently it would help if i read the full version instead of preview. There is a fair amount of knock agreed. Possibly try the soft mallet test down the length of exhaust.

Possibly try different fuel and a kam reset as well.

18RTRSpec2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang RTR Spec 2 A10. 2016 F150 4Wd 3.5 Ecoboost. 1993 Cobra teal. 1986 Mustang GT
My 18 showed low numbers stock. Like REALLY low! 384 rwhp sae on a Dynojet 224xlc. From what I've seen its usually the 3.15 geared cars showing low numbers. The 3.55 geared cars are usually well over 400rwhp stock.

OP
OP

Eetabeetay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I never thought of the rear end. I have the 3.55 with the 10r80, would that make a difference in what I use for the 1:1 gear?

Still wouldn't explain the dip though.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I never thought of the rear end. I have the 3.55 with the 10r80, would that make a difference in what I use for the 1:1 gear?

7th gear still the 1:1

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat

I have the PP1 and a PBD 93 tune, the gears aren't a problem, mine laid down 420rwhp390rwtq and pulled 400+hp out to 7700 in 7th, It's also opposite where lower gear/taller tires will show lower numbers.

It's possible the dyno was recording wonky, I find it hard to believe with a graph like that you aren't feeling a power loss .. Is that log file from that run?

If you're not afraid of fragging it, log a WOT pull 1st-5th and post it and we'll see what that looks like.

Sponsored