Sponsored

Anybody Familiar with Ford Buyback Options

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My '18 is having a long block replacement and looks like it will be out of the shop before the 30 day mark. However I already started the buy back process and I'm awaiting Ford's decision. Does that mean I'm going to be declined?
No.

Here’s how that works.

If you were already in discussions with a Ford CSR with an active Case number, they have to get the Buy Back approval from Ford RAV. Once approved by Ford RAV, you will be assigned to and working with a Ford RAV CSR. At that point, they explain the Buy Back process and if you agree to enter the program, they will send you a doc package via FedEx. You must read the docs, understand the terms and conditions, know your State Lemon Laws, sign and return by any noted deadlines. At that point, the Buy Back is in play and cannot be revoked, UNLESS you tell RAV you are exiting the program.

So since you have not been approved for a Buy Back YET, the vehicle was fixed and it’s back in your possession - you are still the legal owner and can use it as normal.

As long as that vehicle is still in your possession, you are 100% responsible for maintaining it, paying insurance costs and paying the monthly car payment (if it’s still financed). So whatever you do, even after you are approved for an RAV Buy Back (vehicle replacement or refund), don’t miss any of your obligated payments. Some people think because they entered into the RAV Buy Back Program that they can stop payments....not true at all.
Sponsored

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
Does anyone have any insight into whether a vehicle replacement must be in stock? Can a replacement be ordered? Could this work on an allocation car like a Bullitt or GT350?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have any insight into whether a vehicle replacement must be in stock? Can a replacement be ordered? Could this work on an allocation car like a Bullitt or GT350?
If going for a vehicle replacement:
1) Vehicle must be equal to existing collateral MSRP; if replacement vehicle MSRP is greater you are responsible for paying the delta.
2) Vehicle must be in stock and available within Ford’s current Dealer inventory in the US
3) Vehicle can be any Ford product, does not have to be same model

If a Bullitt or GT350 is in Dealer inventory, you can elect to choose it as your vehicle replacement, but most likely will be paying for the MSRP delta IF your original MSRP was less.

Again, any Ford RAV vehcile replacement is strictly MSRP to MSRP. It does not matter what you paid for your existing collateral. There are no deviations at all. Discounts, rebates, Military, Ford A-X Plans, Dealer Incentives, Customer Cash, Ford Incentives or any other type of programs do not apply to any Ford RAV Buy Back replacement.

If you are wanting an EXACT replacement to your collateral OR the vehicle you want with exterior/interior options is not available anywhere in current inventory on any Ford Dealer lot - then it is only the discretion of Ford RAV to approve a current model year Special Order (to be built). Ford RAV calls the shots and the Dealership cannot place any vehicle order (to be built), unless Ford RAV has approved such a transaction.

I hope that helps to answer your question.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
Does this mean that they will ship a specific car from any dealership in the country?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does this mean that they will ship a specific car from any dealership in the country?
If you’re going through a RAV Buy Back where you are getting a vehicle replacement, you will go to your local Dealership. You will look for something on their lot, if it’s not there then they can do an inventory search in their system using mileage distance ranges. If the vehicle you want is not found locally, they can expand the search distance and bring in other Dealership inventories.

So suppose they do a local search (within 50-100mi) and there’s nothing you like, but they do a 500mi search and you see something of interest at Dealership 2. They have to let RAV know and Dealership 1 consults with Dealership 2 to check to see if that vehicle is still actually available; if all parties agree that the vehicle can be pulled from Dealer 2’s inventory, the car will be picked up and shipped to your Dealership.

Some Dealerships won’t agree to letting another pull from their inventory - so its all a process. Sometimes the Dealerships will swap or trade inventory to acquire that other vehicle, again it’s all internal processes and bartering amongst the Ford Franchises.

Sponsored

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My RAV Claims Analyst emailed me the replacement offer worksheet on Friday. I am switching from a 2017 Mustang GT base to a 2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack 1 which has a MSRP that's $7,000 greater. I requested this specific VIN as my replacement (at local dealership, found car through online inventory search). However according to the worksheet the only thing I'm paying is a mileage charge which is a little over a grand... Guess the RAV Analyst made a mistake? Needless to say I emailed her back to say I accept because the online portal hasn't been updated yet. Hopefully my email acceptance is binding... The bottom of the worksheet does say "Please accept or reject this conditional offer within 5 days after it's made." I also called the dealership that I'll be signing papers with but they haven't received the package from Ford yet, they said they'll contact me when they do. Would be really awesome if this deal follows through!

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
This has been quite an informative thread; so I have a couple of more questions. Everything I've read (mostly from Cobra Jet) says RAV follows state lemon law guidelines. I'm curious about a couple of aspects of Texas' payable costs. The statute says that the manufacturer is responsible for incidental costs like alternate transportation. In my case, my car will have been out of my possession for two months without a loaner. I've been using one of my other vehicles instead. Anyone been compensated for this? Secondly, with respect to the refund on taxes, I traded in one of my cars to offset the tax on my Mustang; so I paid less than half than I would have with no trade. If I were to do a buyback, will they only refund my taxes paid or taxes on the full purchase price.

Thanks in advance!

MasterGGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
...At that point, they explain the Buy Back process and if you agree to enter the program, they will send you a doc package via FedEx...
I never got any instructions or an introduction to the program and never got a package delivered to me. YMMV not all cases are handled the same.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never got any instructions or an introduction to the program and never got a package delivered to me. YMMV not all cases are handled the same.
Did you go through a Ford Buy Back vehicle replacement or did you opt for a refund and walk away from Ford?

Did you open a Case with Ford?

MasterGGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you go through a Ford Buy Back vehicle replacement or did you opt for a refund and walk away from Ford?

Did you open a Case with Ford?
I had a customer care case number with Ford, then requested a review for a buyback and got approved. Was transferred to RAV and their first correspondence with me was asking for documents. I am doing a buyback refund.

I didn't get a checklist or any documents to sign or anything in the mail. Already have version 1 of my refund worksheet.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a customer care case number with Ford, then requested a review for a buyback and got approved. Was transferred to RAV and their first correspondence with me was asking for documents. I am doing a buyback refund.

I didn't get a checklist or any documents to sign or anything in the mail. Already have version 1 of my refund worksheet.
Ahhhh, ok, now your previous comment makes complete sense, because you are getting a refund (walking away basically) and not opting to get into another Ford product (ie: vehicle replacement).

The RAV Buy Back Refund Program is totally different from the RAV Buy Back Vehicle Replacement Program - the worksheets, docs, processes and handling are different for each program. Now if you don’t mind sharing, it would be great if you can lend some tips/info about how the RAV Refund works out for you. This is important for others who may want to opt to “walk away” over a vehicle replacement. There’s not any decent info online about the RAV Refund process, so anything you can provide will certainly benefit others in your position and this site for future reference.

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you opt for a RAV Refund over the RAV Vehicle Replacement?

Did you have any usage or fee penalties?

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Ahhhh, ok, now your previous comment makes complete sense, because you are getting a refund (walking away basically) and not opting to get into another Ford product (ie: vehicle replacement).

The RAV Buy Back Refund Program is totally different from the RAV Buy Back Vehicle Replacement Program - the worksheets, docs, processes and handling are different for each program. Now if you don’t mind sharing, it would be great if you can lend some tips/info about how the RAV Refund works out for you. This is important for others who may want to opt to “walk away” over a vehicle replacement. There’s not any decent info online about the RAV Refund process, so anything you can provide will certainly benefit others in your position and this site for future reference.

If you don’t mind me asking, why did you opt for a RAV Refund over the RAV Vehicle Replacement?

Did you have any usage or fee penalties?
I am getting the RAV Vehicle Replacement and didn’t receive documents in the mail either. Instead I got an email with my login info for myfordhelp.com, uploaded my sales contract, finance payoff letter and statements, and DMV receipts ($2 online). Then my manager sent the worksheet and I accepted it via the portal. Now I’m waiting for the dealership to receive the documents and call me so I can go sign.

MasterGGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I am getting the RAV Vehicle Replacement and didn’t receive documents in the mail either. Instead I got an email with my login info for myfordhelp.com, uploaded my sales contract, finance payoff letter and statements, and DMV receipts ($2 online). Then my manager sent the worksheet and I accepted it via the portal. Now I’m waiting for the dealership to receive the documents and call me so I can go sign.
What date did you accept and have you gotten to go to go to the dealer? I am having the finance team re-do my worksheet and hoping if I accept the offer I can get my check within a week.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Does anyone know if cars like the GT350 and Bullitt are part of the RAV Vehicle Replacement program? For example, if Ford agrees to buy back and replace a regular Mustang GT, can you pick a limited production car like the GT350 as the replacement (and obviously pay the MSRP difference)?

Also, is there a limit on the MSRP to MSRP difference. In other words can you pick a replacement car that has a $10k higher MSRP than the original?

Per the post below, the answer to the first question is a "No" and the answer to the second is a "Yes", but would appreciate if anyone can confirm.

they told me the msrp to msrps had to be within 1500$ of each other and no shelbys and no raptors were allowed to be purchased
Edit: After some digging through other forums it appears that Ford will not let you pick SVT vehicles as replacements unless you already had one. Haven't found anything on the MSRP difference.

Last edited:

udcvsean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What date did you accept and have you gotten to go to go to the dealer? I am having the finance team re-do my worksheet and hoping if I accept the offer I can get my check within a week.
I accepted online on 11/12 and just went to the dealer today to sign papers and get the vehicle accepted. The guy said he’s never done replacements and has only done refund checks, and said it might take a while to get the replacement vehicle ready.

I emailed the RAV contact to let her know I signed the docs and she asked if I got the replacement yet. I said no and asked if I was supposed to, and she replied “Yes - as long as they have all the documents and financing completed. Please call the dealership and ask if they can put you into the replacement vehicle and send me the documents and an email stating you have it.”

Called the dealership back and they told me to pick out a Mustang from their lot, but I looked before already and they don’t have any Automatic Base Mustang GT’s. So I explained my approved replacement is at a different dealership. Then the guys said he can’t get that car off another dealership’s lot but Ford can, so I should contact Ford. So I called and sent an email and just waiting now...
Sponsored