Sponsored

Video: Weird Noise - Anyone Else Have This Issue?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Well, I forced them to give me a rental car since this was my DD since I work only 6 miles from home. So right now they are paying for that which I'm hoping will motivate them a bit more. I sent the person handling my car a text yesterday and I got the same lame "I'll check" with no response for the second day in a row.

I thought about the lemon law but I really like the car and would rather not part ways with it especially since I believe 2018 was the last production year for the gt350 right?

It only has 8k miles on it and I baby the thing. Also with the lemon law it could be a half a year before anything happens if I do go that route.

As far as regional customer service, I was trying to look up contact info and there are literally no email contacts for ford outside of the dealer. I like email as it's time stamped. The only option was to call or send in a letter via snail mail. Both easy options to disregard. How does one even get in contact with a regional customer service person? I'm in Irvine so I have thought about going to their building Ford has here locally.
call this phone number for Ford customer service . 1-800-392-3673

Tell the person you're talking to nicely about what's going on and then tell them you're extremely dissatisfied with the service you received and you want your case escalated to the regional service rep. They will do it and the regional service rep will call you within 24 hours. That will get your dealerships attention.

Also don't worry about dropping possible lemon law case on the regional service rep. Just tell him it's been in service for a month I'm running out of options I don't want to pay for a car I can't drive. This is starting to sound like a lemon law case to me sir. Ford doesn't want to buy cars back. They will do whatever they can do to fix your car. You just need to get the right person's attention and it is obvious your dealership is failing you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
call this phone number for Ford customer service . 1-800-392-3673

Tell the person you're talking to nicely about what's going on and then tell them you're extremely dissatisfied with the service you received and you want your case escalated to the regional service rep. They will do it and the regional service rep will call you within 24 hours. That will get your dealerships attention.

Also don't worry about dropping possible lemon law case on the regional service rep. Just tell him it's been in service for a month I'm running out of options I don't want to pay for a car I can't drive. This is starting to sound like a lemon law case to me sir. Ford doesn't want to buy cars back. They will do whatever they can do to fix your car. You just need to get the right person's attention and it is obvious your dealership is failing you.
Thanks! I'm trying this now. Good ole overseas customer service rep that just asked - is this for the "mus-tong"?

update - He wanted to bring it up to the dealer manager. I declined that option as I have already spoken to the dealer manager weeks ago and he hasn't reached out to me other than 1 phone call. I was adamant that I wanted a regional service rep to contact me and now they have put in the request. So hopefully I'll hear back today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
Yep, dont take no for an answer, after all its not just any mus-tong.
Just heard back from a regional service rep yesterday. I sent her all of my Lyft receipts and she will now be personally checking in with the service and repair of the vehicle. She also stated that once the vehicle is fixed she will work on incentives for me since I just paid a car note and insurance for a car to sit at the dealer for 34 days.

Thanks again for the suggestion

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Just heard back from a regional service rep yesterday. I sent her all of my Lyft receipts and she will now be personally checking in with the service and repair of the vehicle. She also stated that once the vehicle is fixed she will work on incentives for me since I just paid a car note and insurance for a car to sit at the dealer for 34 days.

Thanks again for the suggestion
I am 100% sure u can get an extended warranty out of this. Thats prolly what they will offer you.

:muscle:

Sponsored

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
@mattballislife My friend had engine problems with his GT350 just like you and lives in California. He used http://www.lemonlawpro.com/ and they do not charge you anything. By California law Ford has to pay for your lawyer fees. Due to the amount of time your car has been in the dealership by California law Ford has to buy it back. You would get 100% of your money back. It’s like owning a GT350 for free for the time you had it. Go get a 2019 and try again.

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
@mattballislife My friend had engine problems with his GT350 just like you and lives in California. He used http://www.lemonlawpro.com/ and they do not charge you anything. By California law Ford has to pay for your lawyer fees. Due to the amount of time your car has been in the dealership by California law Ford has to buy it back. You would get 100% of your money back. It’s like owning a GT350 for free for the time you had it. Go get a 2019 and try again.
I appreciate it. I'll look into this after this go around. They got a list back from Ford Engineering for some items they need to try. If by Monday I'm still driving in a Ford Escape than I'll definitely be exploring my options as that will be either day 39 or 40.

I spoke to a friend of mine who had to lemon a car before and he said that they actually deducted the amount of miles he had on the car from the amount they paid him back. Did that happen with your buddy?

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
When do dealers usually get those in? The dealer by me always has ridiculous mark ups. I had to go out to a dealer that had the car sit on their lot for a year before I could haggle down to MSRP. Right now the dealer that has my car Tuttle Click in Irvine has a Bullit with a mark-up more expensive than the msrp of an R lol.

Sponsored

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate it. I'll look into this after this go around. They got a list back from Ford Engineering for some items they need to try. If by Monday I'm still driving in a Ford Escape than I'll definitely be exploring my options as that will be either day 39 or 40.

I spoke to a friend of mine who had to lemon a car before and he said that they actually deducted the amount of miles he had on the car from the amount they paid him back. Did that happen with your buddy?
No, that was not the case for my friend. They gave him a 100% refund. This isn’t vague information as I saw this unfold every step of the way and this is someone that I grew up with and see regularly.

OP
OP
mattballislife

mattballislife

Threads
Reaction score
Website
ballislife.com
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
gt350R
No, that was not the case for my friend. They gave him a 100% refund. This isn’t vague information as I saw this unfold every step of the way and this is someone that I grew up with and see regularly.
How many miles did this happen with? I'm at about 8,800

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many miles did this happen with? I'm at about 8,800
I sent him an email asking, but if I recall correctly it was more than 8,800. Don’t worry about the miles. As long as it is under factory warranty is what matters as per the lawyer.
Sponsored