Sponsored

Wastegate placement for P1SC-1

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Last night I ordered a Tial MVR 44mm wastegate. I have the stage 1 P1SC with the stage 1 intercooler, so I was wondering if anyone with the same or similar setup could post pics of where they welded in their wastegate, as well as where they ran their boost reference nipple. I called ATI and they said that the smallest I could probably go with without getting a lot of belt slip is 3.2". I plan to spring at 10 pounds or so. Anyway, just looking for some pics and experience!

Edit: Due to my schedule, could I go ahead and install the wastegate and spring it for 10 pounds while I am still on the stock pulley (~8 pounds) without any issues until I can get the pulley swapped and the tune done?
Sponsored

Last edited:

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I have same setup. From what i hsve seen depending on what bov you have there are 2 spots. One is on the same charge pipe as the bov. Other is on the intercooler it self but some say the turbulence from wastegate will mess up the mass air signal. Other thing is the 3.4 pulley it pretty much pushing max efficent rpm of the blower as well as limits of the ho kit belt and tensioner

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have same setup. From what i hsve seen depending on what bov you have there are 2 spots. One is on the same charge pipe as the bov. Other is on the intercooler it self but some say the turbulence from wastegate will mess up the mass air signal. Other thing is the 3.4 pulley it pretty much pushing max efficent rpm of the blower as well as limits of the ho kit belt and tensioner
Hmm..do you have the 3.4 pulley? what boost were you seeing with it? I haven't gotten the wastegate in to see the size, but I kind of assumed it wouldn't fit on the stage 1 intercooler. I did just find MyLilPony's build thread and it had a couple pictures, although he has a D1SC.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I have a 3.5 pulley which is supposed to be good for 10psi. The 3.4 is 11-12 psi. . I might just pulley down and forget the wastegate. You cant really pulley it enough to make it worth it imo. If you pulley down to a 3.2 for 14 psi and gate it for 10 you spent alot of money and effort to see 2-3psi sooner

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The boost coming in earlier makes a lot of difference as far as torque goes..Plus I've already paid for the wastegate at this point :p But if I was purchasing again I would have gone with D1SC or at least stage 2 P1SC.

Sponsored

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Yea to me its not worth maxing out the blower all the time and dumping a grand in it for 2-3psi

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
To each their own.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Do NOT place it on the intercooler. The MAF signal will turn to junk and your tuner will hate you. :)

The charge pipe leading to the intercooler is the only stable location.

OP
OP

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I've had it done since I posted this. I swapped down to a 3.2" pulley, wastegated with springs at 10 psi, picked up about 50 lb ft of torque but zero hp up top. I apparently also maxed out my fuel pump. I'm not sure why I didn't pick up any top end power at all. My numbers are pretty low, about 570/470 ish.

Last edited:

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Why would one want to wastegate a P1sc? I run mine maxed out on pump, no gate. I understand the concepts, but stock motor can handle the P1sc maxed out, so why chop the top end power off?

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I've had it done since I posted this. I swapped down to a 3.2" pulley, wastegated with springs at 10 psi, picked up about 50 lb ft of torque but zero hp up top. I apparently also maxed out my fuel pump. I'm not sure why I didn't pick up any top end power at all. My numbers are pretty low, about 570/470 ish.
I would ask your tuner.
Depending on how high you are revving it the 3.2 might be over spinning the head unit.
When I ran the 6 rib I worked my way down to a 3.4 which was maxing it out at 7500.
Also when I ran a 3.6" I would see 10psi and on 93 I was at 630/510.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Something is odd, cause thats the kinda power and TQ numbers people make with basic kits, stock pulley.
Either the dyno reads very very low, or something else is a factor.

I would ask your tuner.
Depending on how high you are revving it the 3.2 might be over spinning the head unit.
When I ran the 6 rib I worked my way down to a 3.4 which was maxing it out at 7500.
Also when I ran a 3.6" I would see 10psi and on 93 I was at 630/510.
Your numbers are what I would expect.
And ya, over spinning a P1SC1 won't do much other then make hot air, and take a lot of power to drive the belt.
Its always best to stay right at their redline, since thats where flow basically stops.
Sponsored