Sponsored

4 Door Mustang - 400 AWD MKZ

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so it's not really a Mustang but for me since its winter and the 18 Mustang is in the garage for the winter this new MKZ is my winter 4 door Mustang. :) I didn't expect much when I went last Thursday for a test drive, they had 87 octane in the tank so I expected the car to feel lazy. While waiting for the green light I told the sales guy to hang on, the light went green, I floored it and the tires strained to keep grip!! I was blown away, the salesman said nobody has ever driven like that with him in the car before, I replied why the hell not? Why bother with the 400hp version if you don't give her a go before buying? :rockon:

We aren't supposed to discuss street racing so I won't say anything about a WRX I met at a stop light.... or what happened...

I tried to take the car to Great Lakes Dragaway this weekend but they closed due to snow and cold so I'm hoping for a try again this weekend. I've seen anything from a 13.7 to a 13.1 for these things, I saw a new Continental go 12.8@111 which I'm sure was with a tune and I don't know what else.

I'd be happy with a mid 13, not too shabby for a daily I think.

20181115_191751.jpg
20181115_191800.jpg
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Ok, so it's not really a Mustang but for me since its winter and the 18 Mustang is in the garage for the winter this new MKZ is my winter 4 door Mustang. :) I didn't expect much when I went last Thursday for a test drive, they had 87 octane in the tank so I expected the car to feel lazy. While waiting for the green light I told the sales guy to hang on, the light went green, I floored it and the tires strained to keep grip!! I was blown away, the salesman said nobody has ever driven like that with him in the car before, I replied why the hell not? Why bother with the 400hp version if you don't give her a go before buying? :rockon:

We aren't supposed to discuss street racing so I won't say anything about a WRX I met at a stop light.... or what happened...

I tried to take the car to Great Lakes Dragaway this weekend but they closed due to snow and cold so I'm hoping for a try again this weekend. I've seen anything from a 13.7 to a 13.1 for these things, I saw a new Continental go 12.8@111 which I'm sure was with a tune and I don't know what else.

I'd be happy with a mid 13, not too shabby for a daily I think.
A few questions and a statement

First off, I think it's fair to say that you like the color red/Crimson lol.

Is your MKZ FWD or AWD?

Is that a GT350 parked in the snow in the first picture?

MKZ could be considered a sleeper

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A few questions and a statement

First off, I think it's fair to say that you like the color red/Crimson lol.

Is your MKZ FWD or AWD?

Is that a GT350 parked in the snow in the first picture?

MKZ could be considered a sleeper
I do indeed LOVE Crimson, the MKZ color is Burgundy Velvet so in the sun it's a bit more blood red. It's the 400hp AWD version (there is a video of one making 350 whp with 87 octane) and yep that is a very nice GT350 waiting for some lucky person to buy it.

Sleeper indeed, I wish I had a picture of the shocked faces in the WRX. ;)

Reactions: Ebm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I do indeed LOVE Crimson, the MKZ color is Burgundy Velvet so in the sun it's a bit more blood red. It's the 400hp AWD version (there is a video of one making 350 whp with 87 octane) and yep that is a very nice GT350 waiting for some lucky person to buy it.

Sleeper indeed, I wish I had a picture of the shocked faces in the WRX. ;)
I'm with ya man. Crimson is just a beautiful color. Gotta love AWD in a powerful car. The WRX owner probably thought it was just another average economy car lol. That's the stuff that needs to be on video ha

Sponsored

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is a nice looking car
Thank you, it was very hard to hide my excitement during the haggling process, I had to use my best poker face.

OP
OP
Loki-GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with ya man. Crimson is just a beautiful color. Gotta love AWD in a powerful car. The WRX owner probably thought it was just another average economy car lol. That's the stuff that needs to be on video ha
They didn't do anything at first and when they did and it didn't help, that set the tone for the next light and the :shock: looks on their faces was priceless. I of course don't advocate for reckless driving, this was 11pm and we were alone out in the sticks. It looked stock which certainly didn't help.
Sponsored