Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I swore off owning another black car for years after my 2000 SS 6 spd. Since then I've had a Race Red Boss, Ruby Red GT500, and a B5 Blue Hellcat. The Black R was lookin good on the showroom. The deal was getting better as they really wanted to move it. I slept on it and thought about it. It wasn't an easy decision to own another black car. Especially in TX summer heat. It came down to the deal presented and whether or not I wanted to take care of another black car. I knew it would be a headache with my automobile OCD. I decided to that I would do things differently than in the past and have the car paint corrected with either a full PPF or ceramic coated. Full PPF was VERY expensive. Around $7k. I went with the ceramic coat and I've already tested it with wiping off some bug juice on the hood the other morning. What a relief to not see any micro marring scratches and mirror shine after wiping her down. Very happy with my decision.

Very nice R there in those pics. Really like the R black/Red stripes. It's a real benefit to the community to have a member like you in the GT350 forums.
Beautiful job on the ceramic...If in the future you would decide to purchase another black vehicle and want to change the color while providing protection you might want to check out the professional autoflex product from dipyourcar.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20181119_144130.jpg
I took her outside to a nice place (garage) to propose to her. Unfortunately she declined and told me I need to put a supercharger on her before she accepts.

So I put her in her place and back in the hole.
IMG_20181119_144734.jpg
Looks great! I am looking at a 2017 in Lightning Blue. Did you order it without the stripes?

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
No I bought it from show room and removed crappy factory strips that had lots of bubbles.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
No I bought it from show room and removed crappy factory strips that had lots of bubbles.
That is one of my concerns/decisions is whether to keep the stripes. I have read that the quality is not good.. bubbling, lots of swirl marks, especially on the black stripes...
The white stripes to me are too bold and in your face (as if any racing stripes are not). I was looking at a blue one in New Jersey that supposedly was a buy back due to issues with the paint/stripes. I think he was yanking my chain as I cannot see Ford doing a buy back/Lemon for an issue with the stripes...

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That is one of my concerns/decisions is whether to keep the stripes. I have read that the quality is not good.. bubbling, lots of swirl marks, especially on the black stripes...
The white stripes to me are too bold and in your face (as if any racing stripes are not). I was looking at a blue one in New Jersey that supposedly was a buy back due to issues with the paint/stripes. I think he was yanking my chain as I cannot see Ford doing a buy back/Lemon for an issue with the stripes...
I have the OEM stripes on mine, still look like day 1. I applied a couple of layers of cquartz on them, to make the surface harder to scratch, and I use Carpro Reload every month or so... Still looking like new.

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Mine had bubbling issues only on the roof. The dealership told me if they cannot fix the bubbling, they will get new stripes from Ford to install. Fortunately, they were able to fix the bubbling. In hindsight, I should've removed them.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had bubbling issues only on the roof. The dealership told me if they cannot fix the bubbling, they will get new stripes from Ford to install. Fortunately, they were able to fix the bubbling. In hindsight, I should've removed them.
yeah, i think painted stripes are the way to go if you want something really permanent. Wish they would have produced more with the stripe delete. I know it's a shelby thing, but just not into the racing stripes unless its a dedicated track car.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. I swore off owning another black car for years after my 2000 SS 6 spd. Since then I've had a Race Red Boss, Ruby Red GT500, and a B5 Blue Hellcat. The Black R was lookin good on the showroom. The deal was getting better as they really wanted to move it. I slept on it and thought about it. It wasn't an easy decision to own another black car. Especially in TX summer heat. It came down to the deal presented and whether or not I wanted to take care of another black car. I knew it would be a headache with my automobile OCD. I decided to that I would do things differently than in the past and have the car paint corrected with either a full PPF or ceramic coated. Full PPF was VERY expensive. Around $7k. I went with the ceramic coat and I've already tested it with wiping off some bug juice on the hood the other morning. What a relief to not see any micro marring scratches and mirror shine after wiping her down. Very happy with my decision.

Very nice R there in those pics. Really like the R black/Red stripes. It's a real benefit to the community to have a member like you in the GT350 forums.
Ceramic coating will stop micro-scratches and all things to leave marks in the paint, but in now way will stop your bumper from getting nasty chips from incoming rocks on the freeway. I highly recommend a a front bumper and headlights Xpel application.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Ceramic coating will stop micro-scratches and all things to leave marks in the paint, but in now way will stop your bumper from getting nasty chips from incoming rocks on the freeway. I highly recommend a a front bumper and headlights Xpel application.
Yes I know the limitations of Ceramic coat. Thank you for the recommendation.

Sponsored

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Please don’t spead information like this. Ceramic coatings will not stop microswirls. Its common to think it does but it is false

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Pulled off those ridiculous warning stickers and cleaned up the visors. Can't even tell there was anything there in person. Time to let them dry and then reinstall tomorrow.

Oh, I also prepped for delivery of my 'Black Friday special' FP rear seat delete. :)

IMG_20181124_121034.jpg
IMG_20181125_165340.jpg

Last edited: