V8Venom's Whipple Build

AStork

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
@V8Venom That sounds great! I am also running SP O/R headers with the AWE touring, and I am ocassionally getting a bit of a flat, blatty rasp in the midrange that I don't hear in any of your videos. Did you add anything else to your setup? Additional resonators or anything?
Sponsored

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
@V8Venom That sounds great! I am also running SP O/R headers with the AWE touring, and I am ocassionally getting a bit of a flat, blatty rasp in the midrange that I don't hear in any of your videos. Did you add anything else to your setup? Additional resonators or anything?
Nothing else man. I really do not ever hear any raspiness in the exhaust ever. How long have you had the exhaust installed for?

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Only new update I have for the car is I had some custom airbrush work done by MadMic for under the hood. Figured it was fitting. :thumbsup:

44234281170_167d8f71d2_k.jpg

45325705624_b4fd237dc8_k.jpg

AStork

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The engine bay looks awesome!

Thats weird. It has been on about 3 weeks now, and it didn't seem to be settling down at all so I actually had some bottle resonators put in where the cats would have been. It sounds excellent now 99% of the time and when it does get a little bit nasty it is much much more tolerable.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
The engine bay looks awesome!

Thats weird. It has been on about 3 weeks now, and it didn't seem to be settling down at all so I actually had some bottle resonators put in where the cats would have been. It sounds excellent now 99% of the time and when it does get a little bit nasty it is much much more tolerable.
Which resonators did you put on? Can you send the link here or in my PM? I would love to tone the sound down on start up just a bit. I am also nervous it will make the car sound different as I really love how deep it is.

Sponsored

rritaintme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Performance Pack, MagneRide, Active Exhaust)
It's funny you say that cause I just found out about that site two days ago but yeah they're in the plans. Diode is coming out with their own so I may wait, just not sure yet.
Absolutely fascinating journey my man, thank you for sharing in such detail - added ya to Insta as well.

Your car looks SO sick and inspires me about what I can do with my shadow black baby. I’ve new to the muscle community having switched over from the dark side of AMG.

Noticed that you’re from N’awlins but also know a lot of people in the community - do you happen to know any shops that specialize in Mustangs around Toronto?

Would love to get:
a) the demon eye kit installed
b) lights tinted

But...I need help!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Somehow I completely missed this build thread :crazy:
Excellent work!
How did you find the jump from Gen2 to Gen3 Whipple?

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely fascinating journey my man, thank you for sharing in such detail - added ya to Insta as well.

Your car looks SO sick and inspires me about what I can do with my shadow black baby. I’ve new to the muscle community having switched over from the dark side of AMG.

Noticed that you’re from N’awlins but also know a lot of people in the community - do you happen to know any shops that specialize in Mustangs around Toronto?

Would love to get:
a) the demon eye kit installed
b) lights tinted

But...I need help!
I actually do not know any shops in Toronto. If you want the demon eye kit installed Diode Dynamics now offers a kit that does not require the headlights to be opened. If you want to do their DRL's and Demon Eyes I'd recommend going through Retro Shop in Missouri. They are a Diode dealer and do great work. You can find them on Instagram under @theretroshop and talk to Jeremy. You can send your headlights to him and he will take care of it. Usually a week turn around.

As for tints, check of Big Worm Graphix. That's where I got mine from. Super easy to install yourself.

Somehow I completely missed this build thread :crazy:
Excellent work!
How did you find the jump from Gen2 to Gen3 Whipple?
I did not feel a huge increase even though I know it is a more efficient blower.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Been a while since I updated this thread. Really have not done much with the car except upgraded the interior a little. Had the center and dash done in red carbon fiber.

IMG_8698-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Car is currently for sale. If you know anybody who is interested let me know.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Just read the whole build thread. Awesome job. Sorry to hear the whip is for sale, but good luck!
Sponsored