Mast antenna removal

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hey guys. Quick question.

Does the mast antenna just unscrew?

Storing the car for winter and the car cover doesn’t have a pocket for the antenna.

Do the stubby ones work ok?

Thanks!!
Sponsored

trojannemo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yemil
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Yes, it just unscrews off. I have "The Stubby" on my car and it's fine. But I'm not a huge radio listener, for me it was mostly about hating the look of the long thin antenna. I haven't noticed terrible reception yet.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I also replaced the tall OEM antenna with "The Stubby". The reception seems to be unchanged except in really far out rural areas, then I switch to the Sirus radio.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Very happy with "The Stubby." No reception problems, one-minute installation.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I live just north of Manassas, VA which is about 30 miles just south of due west from DC. I ordered the Stubby because the only FM radio I is listen to is the very powerful WTOP news station whose antenna is on a high point in NW DC. I took a 30 mile drive west from Manassas into the hills and reception never faltered. The next day I drove east from Manassas towards DC and reception became poor especially around taller buildings. However I’ll keep the Stubby installed since I listen to various Sirius XM channels to include their DC Traffic/Weather station.
Anyone else remember the cool cars of the 50’s and 60’s which had twin chrome aerials in the back...one live and the other a dummy?
Sponsored