Sponsored

Which way to go with painting engine and coil covers??

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Well.. I have an extra engine cover sitting patiently in my garage. I am going to see what others do. I do have some extra white paint sitting on a shelf waiting to be used!!

So..go for it and publish the results.

BTW...is there an easy way to remove the engine cover without taking off the brace???

Thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
It comes off without removing the brace, with a little patience.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Black with white
20190105_211251.jpg
Nice! Those are the first ones I've seen painted over the factory texture that I really liked. Now I realize it was just glossy paint I didn't care for over the texture.

And since its Jan 6th, I'll mention there are only 2 more days before JLT stops taking orders for custom painted covers. Glad I got mine:

WP_20181112_15_34_17_Rich__highres.flash.jpg

It comes off without removing the brace, with a little patience.
Just FWIW I was able to get the factory engine cover off with the brace that came on the car without much contact. But the GT350R brace must sit just a little lower in places because after I installed one, the engine cover would not come off without enough scraping that it would mess up a painted cover. I don't know but may be the same with other non-stock braces.

Sponsored

JPSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I really liked the texture as well, but I did end up spraying clear over them just for ease of clen up. I think I am going to make another pair that's just textured cause I like it that way as well (it's different then the others)

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
862EB634-C405-4F85-B08E-D34358070A48.jpeg
Well...everyone said the 2014 engine covers don’t fit our cars.... ah, yes they do!! With alittle mod here n ther!! The 4 attachhing rubber studs are perfect!! Drivers real left corner need a bit of relief!!! Did this last summer!!! Now all parts are beig detailde and painted in Black Gloss...smoothed surface. Will post pics when done!! View attachment 331144

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
@Dare2goBare Got anything to show the boys..????????????
@Voo Doo , nothing to show yet, but you'll be blown away once I post the pictures!
So stay posted. ... lol...lol...
Hey, last we spoke you had desided to go smothed with gloss black paint? or has that mod changed back to Black Chrome! Which I truly believe and told you would be the way to go! Noting though, the gloss black with Red Lettering and flutes will look killer to!

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
That’s a great looking engine bay buddy. But ya need a new cover for your expansion tank.:rockon:
Why...when I like what I’ve used?? It’s all choices!! I also have a California Special front splitter.....you??

Dare2goBare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Ruby Red Metallic
Why...when I like what I’ve used?? It’s all choices!! I also have a California Special front splitter.....you??
Yes Beautiful engine bay, it's all in one's vision, Personalized

Blk Mgc  twr strut.jpg

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Me what???? Not sure what the question is...…. but I do have a CS splitter on my CS, if that's what you are asking...:like:

And I just thought a cover like your oil plug would look nice. Didn't mean to insult...

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Me what???? Not sure what the question is...…. but I do have a CS splitter on my CS, if that's what you are asking...:like:

And I just thought a cover like your oil plug would look nice. Didn't mean to insult...
Ooops, my bad.... you said cover...when its actually the screw cap.... all, including that cap have been replaced....i apologize!! Also, sorry for the confusion, there was another member with a CS who did not get the splitter...it was not you, soo sorry!!! Cheers
74BA6BF1-EE7E-46C9-86EA-986499045D3E.jpeg
Sponsored