Sponsored

CTEK Battery Charger

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
2017 GT
Picked up a CTEK 7200 for Winter storage, curious if anyone has used the hardwired option/or cig lighter adapter long term. Also, can you hardwire the optional leads to the small hex nut next to the Pos/Neg? Thanks
Sponsored

boostaddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium 6MT
Yes & yes. Maybe you mean a CTEK 7002? I didnt see a model 7200 in CTEK's lineup. Hardwire quick connect will fit on battery leads - I leave the connector tucked around the stut tower and connect up when the car is put up. Easy money.

OP
OP
VIPR01

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Yes & yes. Maybe you mean a CTEK 7002? I didnt see a model 7200 in CTEK's lineup. Hardwire quick connect will fit on battery leads - I leave the connector tucked around the stut tower and connect up when the car is put up. Easy money.
Thanks,
I wasn’t sure where to use the pigtails the hex post next to the terminal post were questionable. And Yes, it’s the 7002 pretty slick.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Thanks,
I wasn’t sure where to use the pigtails the hex post next to the terminal post were questionable. And Yes, it’s the 7002 pretty slick.
Put the negative terminal on the ground screw on the passenger side strut tower (already has a black ground wire connected there).

Connect the positive terminal to one of the 2 big positive lugs under the fuse box.
Sponsored