Sponsored

AUSTRALIA: 2019 Mustang. Who has one ordered and ETA?

Blk19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT my19
So did I until I asked my dealer who contacted Ford Australia for an Answer of definitely not. Tickford are on their own.
Correct, asked the same question. Tickford will warrant 3 years only.
Sponsored

Al_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST, MY19 Mustang GT (Race Red, Manual, Fastback) - Australian Delivery
Hey Glenno, Which insurer are you with?, that will not let you mod your car?
I rang mine today, on a separate renewal.
As I completed the transaction, I quizzed the rep on a quote for the Mustang.
After about 5 minutes, he said, that because it only has a 3 star ANCAP rating, the company would not insure the vehicle. WTF?
Anyhow, I got onto Shannons, I'm pretty sure they will cover just about anything (for a price).
Not long now Sir!
Al.

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang Coupe GT, Magnetic, Magnaride, A10. Falcon FGX XR6 Ute.
Gday AL, I’m with Allianz who have no issues with insuring the vehicle when it arrives just no mods. Looking around $1200 pa with $1500 excess. I do have my current vehicle insured with them, but don’t know if it makes any difference!
Yes mate they’re cruising along somewhere out in the Pacific Ocean! I hope my pony is enjoying her rest as she will be getting an immediate 3000k engine run in from Victoria to North Queensland!

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Try famous before Shannon’s. They were $900 cheaper than Shannon’s for me and my car is modded.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Gday AL, I’m with Allianz who have no issues with insuring the vehicle when it arrives just no mods. Looking around $1200 pa with $1500 excess. I do have my current vehicle insured with them, but don’t know if it makes any difference!
Yes mate they’re cruising along somewhere out in the Pacific Ocean! I hope my pony is enjoying her rest as she will be getting an immediate 3000k engine run in from Victoria to North Queensland!
Hi Glenn. My 18 is with RACQ for $950 on a $650 excess. Same as Shannons except Shannons was quoted as a limited driven (3 days a week) category. Once Shannons was for a 7 days/week it was a lot higher.

Sponsored

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Hey Glenno, Which insurer are you with?, that will not let you mod your car?
I rang mine today, on a separate renewal.
As I completed the transaction, I quizzed the rep on a quote for the Mustang.
After about 5 minutes, he said, that because it only has a 3 star ANCAP rating, the company would not insure the vehicle. WTF?
Anyhow, I got onto Shannons, I'm pretty sure they will cover just about anything (for a price).
Not long now Sir!
Al.
Which insurer wouldn't insure it because it only had a 3 star Ancap?
Sounds like a sus insurance company or someone that didn't feel like doing any work that day.

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Looks like there will be plenty of MY19’s hitting the shores of of Oz over the next 10 days, starting from today 3 ships are arriving from Baltimore all carrying Pony’s. Finally I’m starting to count down days instead of weeks to take delivery of my mid life crisis

Al_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST, MY19 Mustang GT (Race Red, Manual, Fastback) - Australian Delivery
About to know the feeling.
Vehicle has been at the dealership since Tuesday 13th Nov, the day AFTER I flew out for work.
I get back this coming week, and have arranged to get the alloys painted, prior to picking it up on Thursday 22nd - I've waited this long, after all.
Insurance with CGU, $1028 with $1k excess. I found that you could not compare any of the companies - 'apples-with-apples', because they were too diverse. Something was always different and could not be optioned in\out. In the end its just the range of features, the amount covered and your budget that drives the decision. I'll have to do the same thing next year I guess.
Looking forward to getting it in the driveway, $85k lighter.
Al.
A couple of snaps from the lads at the yard -
SAVE_7.jpg
SAVE_6.jpg
SAVE_5.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Vehicle has been at the dealership since Tuesday 13th Nov, the day AFTER I flew out for work.
I get back this coming week, and have arranged to get the alloys painted, prior to picking it up on Thursday 22nd - I've waited this long, after all.
Insurance with CGU, $1028 with $1k excess. I found that you could not compare any of the companies - 'apples-with-apples', because they were too diverse. Something was always different and could not be optioned in\out. In the end its just the range of features, the amount covered and your budget that drives the decision. I'll have to do the same thing next year I guess.
Al.
SAVE_7.jpg
SAVE_6.jpg
SAVE_5.jpg
Hey Al. What colour are you doing the forged in.

Sponsored

Al_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey PKs
Just the Gloss Black (in keeping with the theme), although the Satin Black (PP2) had crossed my mind.
Al

Reactions: PKs

Glenno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
Al.
SAVE_7.jpg
SAVE_6.jpg
SAVE_5.jpg
Nice Al, my 19 should be the dealer tomorrow hopefully.

Al_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Glenno.
Finally, the wait is over, and you get to see it in the flesh. You must be buzzing. No sleep for you tonight.
The dealership I'm with said it would only take two days for pre-delivery, so if its there on Monday, you should be able to pick it up on Wednesday.
Day before me, lucky bugger.
I've given the workshop the drum:
- Don't put any fuel in it.
- No drilling of the plates until I'm present.
- No driving it - around the block only for testing (see if the air con works).
I've seen those YT vid's, were the guy gets into the new car, with just 15 km on the clock,
then starts flogging the guts out of it, multiple full throttle pulls through the gearbox. Brand New. I have Nightmares.
I'm going to run it in for the first 1,500 km, then drop the oil and change the filter. Nothing over 2,500 for testing. 4,500 Max Rpm for run-in.
No full berry's until after that first service. I want the best platform for the power mods I do later.
Your trip up the east coast 3,000 km would be just ideal for that purpose.
Enjoy Sir.
Al.