Sponsored

need boost! Vette walking away from my 18

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
This makes me laugh. My brother who lives in Raliegh takes his GT350R to VIR as much as he can. The only vettes that he has trouble with are the boosted ones that are properly driven; C6ZR1, C7Z. All the NA vettes get passed. Consolation prize to the Vette owners is that they get to hear that glorious Voodoo at WOT.
I've found it's very rare that a 'vette will pass my GT350 at the road course. The GT350 usually walks them. So it doesn't surprise me at all that a GT350R would easily pass almost all Corvettes.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I've found it's very rare that a 'vette will pass my GT350 at the road course. The GT350 usually walks them. So it doesn't surprise me at all that a GT350R would easily pass almost all Corvettes.
It's the same crap. With the straight line racer stats. You have magazine racers posting their favorite stats from motor trend. Or they'll post some unverifiable internet time. Without knowing what goes into it? When a car is 4ths faster. And 3 to 4 mile per hour quicker. Than the exact same car (Corvette in this case). Somethings up? But there to uninformed to know how easy it is to install a tune. Or the fact that you cant see a high stall converter. Let alone verify if it's been changed out or not. In the real world there is this thing called driver skill. Magazines cant verify that. So of course GT350s pass Vettes. Magazines racers are still baffled how though.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
When comparing these two cars i always ask the same question! What if the mustang only weight around 3300 lbs like a base lt1 vette? 400 lbs is a pretty big difference.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Poppacapp would smoke that 350R :)
Or you can simply look up the Lightning lap times for the Grand Sport vs the GT350R with pro drivers in both cars. Not even close. :)

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Or you can simply look up the Lightning lap times for the Grand Sport vs the GT350R with pro drivers in both cars. Not even close. :)
See no reason to even race. Kind of defeats the purpose of the cars though.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
See no reason to even race. Kind of defeats the purpose of the cars though.
The purpose is to look at it in your garage, polish it with a soft cloth, and e-brag about it.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The purpose is to look at it in your garage, polish it with a soft cloth, and e-brag about it.
Except I drive mine like I stole it. That's what they are for. Many mountain trips etc. Bought new June of 2017 and had 24000 miles on it in 1 year. Kind of anxious to see the GT500 debut. Had a 2012 GT500. Was fun too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Except I drive mine like I stole it. That's what they are for. Many mountain trips etc. Bought new June of 2017 and had 24000 miles on it in 1 year. Kind of anxious to see the GT500 debut. Had a 2012 GT500. Was fun too.
IIRC, at least one of the reviewers said that the GS tires only hold out for a couple laps and then they get hot and greasy. Have you had that issue? Have you gone to a different tire?

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Being faster is more about money than anything. If you wanna match him then you might need to do some simple bolt-ons. That should even things up a bit. Not to insult you, but your statement that you thought you had a chance based on the numbers means that you aren't fully aware of what the competition can do. The Vettes are lighter and more aerodynamic. And there are other things that will impact a race like gear ratios and driver ability and which trans is in which car and such. So HP to HP and you won't win. That is generally speaking if there is similar driving ability. But you can beat them. You just need to overpower them so to speak, lol! Do your first round of simple mods and see where you stand. If you want more then do more. And take it from there until you're satisfied or broke or dead, lol!! But don't feel bad for losing to a Vette. They are very fast and there is no shame in taking the L against one.

^^^This^^^
Someone is going to have to prove to me they can outrun me.
When I had my '15 SS Camaro, even my '99 Ranger 4x4.
Anything is possible if you know how to drive.............
Sponsored