Street sleeper hellion turbo kit vs top mount turbo kit

Juiced35th

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Luke
Vehicle(s)
19 PP GT
With the current deals lethal is running ive decided to pull the trigger on a twin turbo setup. Anyone have any reason why they would avoid the street sleeper kit (18-19)? I dont care about not being able to see the turbos. Aside from that, any design flaws or reasons anyone can point too why the street sleeper kit is not as efficient or inferior or possible foreseeable issues why the street sleeper is not as good or better than the top mount standart TT kit? Any input is appreciated.
Sponsored

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
With the current deals lethal is running ive decided to pull the trigger on a twin turbo setup. Anyone have any reason why they would avoid the street sleeper kit (18-19)? I dont care about not being able to see the turbos. Aside from that, any design flaws or reasons anyone can point too why the street sleeper kit is not as efficient or inferior or possible foreseeable issues why the street sleeper is not as good or better than the top mount standart TT kit? Any input is appreciated.
I have a bottom mount kit (boostworks) and its basically the exact same setup as the sleeper. One issue I ran into was smoking from the turbos due to scavenge pump issues. However, hellion provides a sump tank which should alleviate any issues with smoking,but everything working properly will rely on the scavenge pump doing its job. If it ever fails, the car would turn into a smoke show and if ran too long that way will destroy the bearings. Nothing to really be worried about because i doubt the pump will fail, but something to be mindful of. I think people prefer the top mount so they don't have to deal with scavenge pump issues and of course get to see their investment. Also if your car is dropped pretty low, I wouldnt recommend bottom mount.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the sleeper and top mount kits are both nice, we are doing a sleeper kit on our own 17 car.

feel free to reach out to me with any questions you have, we specialize in coyote super / turbo charging

we'll have some great deals on the hellion setups for the holdidays

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
Im prob a good person to ask because I've had A hellion top mount kit on my 2018 and I've had the sleeper kit! I put the top mount back on because i like to open the hood and see turbos! Car went 9.70 @153 with the sleeper kit before we took it off....If you drove both setups you can't tell a difference...feel sound etc the same

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@Mike5876 Do you have emissions where you live?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Im prob a good person to ask because I've had A hellion top mount kit on my 2018 and I've had the sleeper kit! I put the top mount back on because i like to open the hood and see turbos! Car went 9.70 @153 with the sleeper kit before we took it off....If you drove both setups you can't tell a difference...feel sound etc the same
yep. really comes down to looks

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
we have emissions but....i bought the car new and we have 2 years before it needs to be tested again
@Mike5876 Have you thought about how you will pass emissions with this kit installed?

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
You just find a guy who knows a guy lol
I didn’t realize there are emissions issues with the turbo systems, are neither of the systems set up to run cats and be able to pass emissions?

Sponsored

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I didn’t realize there are emissions issues with the turbo systems, are neither of the systems set up to run cats and be able to pass emissions?
We option a catalytic converter upgrade for $250 which will allow you to keep cats on the car and keep the system emission friendly.

mustank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
on the sleeper kit, can you put the loudvalves dump pipe right before a set of cats?

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

NickBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Here's a question for @HELLION TURBO :
Which specific parts of the Hellion top mount turbo kit would you recommend to get ceramic coated for heat reduction?
Would it have the same benefit as the heat blankets? More...or less heat reduction?

From experience on my motorcycle, when I ceramic coated my exhaust pipes it made a night and day difference in heat reduction! And it looks awesome too.

Thanks guys!

P.S. Next year I'll be moving to Commyfornia...I mean California...so want to prepare for the triple digit heat in summer.