Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
You make a good point, especially since my vibration is minimal compared to others. I need to up my Aleve and get back under the car again and try this sometime.
Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Here's how I got rid of my driveline vibration.....Drove my car to Subaru and traded it for a new WRX. Life's too short to keep going through this bs. Been smiles per mile ever since.

2017 V6 manual w/ 3.55 diff - bought from new. Had my driveshaft replaced 3 times, tires road forced balanced. Every time the vibration would come back within a few days. Eventually the Ford Dealer tried to tell me it was a characteristic of the car when they couldn't fix it. The last time I brought it back to them the service advisor said "you can't just bring it in when you feel a small vibration." The work order confirmed the DS was still out of balance.

Was going to try installing Steeda suspension parts...but honestly...we shouldn't have to go out of pocket to fix a driveline vibration issue on a brand new car. I'm truly happy for the small % of owners who managed to fix their issue.

Still a fan of mustangs but so disappointed in Ford's handling of a known issue.
I did the opposite of what you did. I bought a 15 WRX in spring of 14. Nice car, just wasn't fast enough for me. Traded it on a 15 GT and that was a big mistake. The Mustang was beautiful to look at but turned out to be a big turd.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
hlh1 the reason i recommend taking off the wheels is not becasue they could be imbalanced its because an unloaded tire hanging off the suspension could induce a vibration. I have performed this operation on live axle vehicles a few times over the years working in the trade ,even after sending the shaft out for balancing their are other harmonics that influence the drive shaft all the way down the line. Hope this helps

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
hlh1 the reason i recommend taking off the wheels is not becasue they could be imbalanced its because an unloaded tire hanging off the suspension could induce a vibration. I have performed this operation on live axle vehicles a few times over the years working in the trade ,even after sending the shaft out for balancing their are other harmonics that influence the drive shaft all the way down the line. Hope this helps
Good point, but I didn't run the car on jack stands. I ran the car on the road while trying to balance the drive shaft with the hose clamp. thanks!

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I am 6 months Vibe Free thanks to replacing stock shaft with DynoTech shaft definitely the best $900 I have spent, I tow my drag bike and it sails down the highway 65-80mph super smooth pulling 1000 pounds.

Sponsored

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I am 6 months Vibe Free thanks to replacing stock shaft with DynoTech shaft definitely the best $900 I have spent, I tow my drag bike and it sails down the highway 65-80mph super smooth pulling 1000 pounds.
This is probably what I'm eventually going to do.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This is probably what I'm eventually going to do.
It was an expensive risk cause a few said it did not solve Vibe for them but solved it on mine.

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
So over 3500 posts and still no definitive amswer? Are the 18s having this issue? I did read somewhere on here that the gt350s are not. What is different with the 350 that they don't have this issue?

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
There has to be something else different considering that a 1 pc shaft made some of the cars worse.

Sponsored

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
yeah idk only other thing is they have different half shafts and brembo's out back. Mine is good since new DS but it snowed so not many miles ,time will tell. I suspect ford will just fake it till we all FO and fix it ourselves.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
I noticed that the automatics have fewer complaints in the poll and i know the gt 350 uses the tremec tr60606 vs the MT82 in the gt. Maybe its not so much the DS as it is runout on the yokes or that funky piece of rubber running interferrence.

Mustg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Has anyone thought about changing the CV joint on the driveshaft. I packed some grease in mine and it cut the vibration but it came after 400 miles.

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
What happened to this thread? I'm assuming the 2019 mustangs don't vibrate? What did they change?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
What happened to this thread? I'm assuming the 2019 mustangs don't vibrate? What did they change?
Now that you mention it, I haven't read about anyone with a 2018+ complaining of driveline vibration. So maybe Ford finally figured it out and incorporated something new.
Sponsored