Sponsored

SCCA F-Street Setup. What's Everyone Done so Far?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like November 2019......well I guess RE71r it is.
Really? Wow. Says Winter '18/'19 on that site. A year delay is something. REs it is next year then (hard to complain too much, they are amazing tires).
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta get that BFGoodrich contingency $$$

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I found BFG rivals on summit racing in 285/35r19. I'm assuming these are the old version of the BFG? Since it is not the 1.5. Are the old rivals just not as fast as the RE71? I see the CAM guys on the old rivals and they kick ass. I'm just trying to think outside RE71 for FS.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I found BFG rivals on summit racing in 285/35r19. I'm assuming these are the old version of the BFG? Since it is not the 1.5. Are the old rivals just not as fast as the RE71? I see the CAM guys on the old rivals and they kick ass. I'm just trying to think outside RE71 for FS.
Link ? And why are you trying to think outside RE-71Rs ?

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bfg-06245/

My personal opinion is the BFGs do better on the heavier cars like the pig that is my awesome GT.
I'm running rivals right now but in a 245/40r18, I ran them on my EcoBoost before it met its unfortunate demise and when I had the alignment and air pressure right....holy crap did they stick great for a undersized tire. I ran the same set on the GT and it took me quite a few runs to figure out the air pressure and the car( first time running the GT). Again this is my personal opinion backed by no real research. I just want to know other people's take on the rivals.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

My personal opinion is the BFGs do better on the heavier cars like the pig that is my awesome GT.
I'm running rivals right now but in a 245/40r18, I ran them on my EcoBoost before it met its unfortunate demise and when I had the alignment and air pressure right....holy crap did they stick great for a undersized tire. I ran the same set on the GT and it took me quite a few runs to figure out the air pressure and the car( first time running the GT). Again this is my personal opinion backed by no real research. I just want to know other people's take on the rivals.
Nice find! I didn't know they still made that size...

I may try them.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150

This is Rival, not Rival S - keep that in mind. So it's not even Rival S 1.0, it precedes it.

BoostedMike177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is Rival, not Rival S - keep that in mind. So it's not even Rival S 1.0, it precedes it.
I'm messaging BFG to ask about compound differences between the Rival and 1.5. All the S stands for is small 255 and smaller, so we dont want the S anyway.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'm messaging BFG to ask about compound differences between the Rival and 1.5. All the S stands for is small 255 and smaller, so we dont want the S anyway.
I think you do. I am not sure if Rivals (not S) are even still being made.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Tire Rack still has a small number of 275/35R18 Rival (only in two sizes), but most of the autocrossers would be running Rival S in 275/35R18, or 315/30/18. The Rival S 1.5 isnt available in our sizes.

I’d give them a try once they come out with 19” sizes, just for comparison. I have literally no complaints about the RE71Rs tho.

Sponsored

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
Hey everyone! Mike Leeder here. I joined this forum cause i was going to trade my camaro in for a 2019 mustang PP1 in Need for Green. Sadly the trade in they offered me... well my nuts are still healing lol.

With that said i dont know if anyone here saw the December fast track but letter number 25430 proposes moving the M3 competition package to BS for 2020. If you support this idea and making FS the pony car class again please write a letter to the SEB in favor of this move.

https://www.crbscca.com/

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hey everyone! Mike Leeder here. I joined this forum cause i was going to trade my camaro in for a 2019 mustang PP1 in Need for Green. Sadly the trade in they offered me... well my nuts are still healing lol.

With that said i dont know if anyone here saw the December fast track but letter number 25430 proposes moving the M3 competition package to BS for 2020. If you support this idea and making FS the pony car class again please write a letter to the SEB in favor of this move.

https://www.crbscca.com/
Were you the author ? :) I caused quite an uproar on another forum among M3 owners :) Still a white Camaro next year then ?

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
Were you the author ? :) I caused quite an uproar on another forum among M3 owners :) Still a white Camaro next year then ?
I have written my fair share of letters to get it moved. The M3 had had its day(s) I have spent the last two years racing Jeff and i feel the cars full potential has yet to be seen. M3 owners can be upset and i still think it will be competitive in BS. The problem is you need a specific package car with exact and specific options, relatively hard to find. Oh and that engine is a ticking time bomb... lol

As of right now its still the white camaro for next year. I wanted to upgrade to the 19 camaro but its just too darn ugly.

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Made my own set of FS legal 18x9.5 rear wheels from some Enkei PF01s last week on a Bridgeport. Wen't pretty darn quick with a 2.5 inch fly cutter. Game on.
3_Before_Cut.JPG
4_Cutting.jpg
5_After_Cut.JPG
8_Final_Finish.JPG
9_Final_Specs.JPG

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Niice