Sponsored

2018 Support Now Available!

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
At speeds of 120+ the radiator is getting so much airflow that the mildly increased size will not have much affect. It is most likely due to the tires.
Yes, by law, you cannot sell a vehicle capable of exceeding the speed rating of it's tires. I believe at least some of the 17" tires on base Mustangs had an "H" rating.
Sponsored

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 w/ AT | Oxford White w/ Black Accent Package
Yes, by law, you cannot sell a vehicle capable of exceeding the speed rating of it's tires. I believe at least some of the 17" tires on base Mustangs had an "H" rating.
The car came with upgraded 19" wheels and 255 P Zero's. I would think they're rated higher than 120mph?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
The car came with upgraded 19" wheels and 255 P Zero's. I would think they're rated higher than 120mhp?
Understood. I have even read some posts where owners with standard 17" wheels claim to have V or Y rates tires. This probably suggests for simplicity sake, the ECU comes with only two flavors, Performance Pack and non-Performance Pack. The concept of limiting top speed based on tires goes back 30+ years. E.g., 1986-87 Buick Regal Turbos were limited to 120 mph due to tire issues.

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
The limiter is set at 200mph in any performance OTS map (Stage 1 and above). Are you hitting a limiter at 120?

Kyle@COBB

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The limiter is set at 200mph in any performance OTS map (Stage 1 and above). Are you hitting a limiter at 120?

Kyle@COBB
Hi Kyle. Yes, I have done multiple pulls with the stage 1 tune and every time it has hit the limiter at 120mph. I uninstalled the tune, reinstalled with the same result. I’m pretty impressed with the tune overall. Made 277whp and 401lb/tq. Minus the tune the car is completely stock.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Any word on the 2019 yet?

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct.

Too early to say as of this instant. We'll know more once we get one. It certainly won't be as long of a wait as the 18 was though.

Kyle@COBB

Don't forget to look at one with active exhaust. The factory active exhaust looks nearly identical to the 2018 Stage 3 exhaust. (no factory resonator, etc)

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kyle@COBB
Any update? I’m pegged at 120 with 3 gears to go.

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
Sorry for the delay! If you update your Accessport firmware and use the "Restore OTS Maps" function in the Tune menu, you'll have an updated map that has the limiter removed! Support for the 19 model year is in the works.

Kyle@COBB

Sponsored

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the delay! If you update your Accessport firmware and use the "Restore OTS Maps" function in the Tune menu, you'll have an updated map that has the limiter removed! Support for the 19 model year is in the works.

Kyle@COBB
Hi Kyle,

I Tried updating the firmware via AP Manager. Window pops up saying I have the latest firmware installed. Plugged AP into the car, went to the tune menu and selected Restore OTS Maps. Took the car out for a spirited drive and hit the limiter at 122. Also, under the ECU adjustments menu there are no features available. It says No adjustments currently available. Is the bump box, two step and trans brake features not available for the 2018 model?
COBB.JPG

Slicer101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost
How does the Cobb tune work with the selectable drive modes? My 18 already has track apps and such so would be interested to know how all the custom features from 15-17 are implemented now.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
How does the Cobb tune work with the selectable drive modes? My 18 already has track apps and such so would be interested to know how all the custom features from 15-17 are implemented now.
I think, based on what I have read, Cobb won't effect the transmission tuning, just the engine tuning. I believe it will be aftermarket tuners like PD, or tune+ that will make adjustments to the transmission tuning and the drive modes. I could be missing something and others here are way more versed than I am with the platform. Take what I said with a grain of salt.
Sponsored