Sponsored

Fords Terrible Customer Service Please Help!

Cneo350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
Hello All,

My ‘17 GT350 with 4K miles started to leave a trail of oil behind it when I was driving from NJ back to my home in NY (3.5 hours away) Sunday Nov. 4.

Ford towed my car to a dealership within 35 miles from me but the tow company charged me $45 for race ramps for my lowered car even though it’s stock height. I caught a ride home with my friend instead of going to the dealership with the tow truck since they were closed.

Anyway, I called Ford customer service Tuesday the 6th to ask if I could get a loaner car, rental car or get my car towed home to NY. They told me they opened a case a regional representative would call me the next day. I got a call Thursday but missed it, but they left me a voicemail with their number. I called back 5 min later with no answer and left a voicemail. I finally get a call back on Monday the 12th.

I speak with Porsche Daniels and ask about getting a loaner car, rental car or a tow and she says she’ll talk with the service manager at the dealership and call me back Monday the 19th. One week for me to get a call back. Porsche gave me her email. Unhappy with waiting a week I email her a few hours later to see if she had talked to the service manager.

When I introduced myself I told her my name and where my car was and she said that the dealership where my car is is not one of hers and I need to speak with Someone names Stacey. Porsche informed me that Stacey will now call me Monday the 19th.

I email Porsche back explaining I can’t wait till Monday to get an answer for this but she will not respond.

Ford customer service keeps telling me that I have Porsche assigned to my case and that there is a note in my file that she will call the on the 19th. I keep telling them that Porsche emailed me saying my car was not at one of her dealerships but they don’t care nor will the connect me with anyone but Porsche who by the way will not answer her phone.

What do I do?
D0B08B92-38A7-4339-8BD3-172631CBC41B.jpeg
62F1D63A-DE23-4517-AFBE-30142CB907DA.jpeg
872537AC-264D-4A7F-9233-F06B6BCC4F16.jpeg
25A91626-FDDF-44E5-9732-E65A6E404CBD.jpeg
F5F1E1D9-FF56-4D4A-B8B7-3D717B0BEB72.jpeg
0888C4C9-87A4-4CA3-A9FF-017042C81AD9.jpeg
Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
What do I do?
1 ) Take an Uber back home
2 ) Keep calling Ford about arranging a loaner.
3 ) Get a cheap rental from Enterprise in the meantime.
4 ) Let the dealer where your car is located fix it.
5 ) Hit up a friend (promise him a steak dinner) or take an Uber to pick it up when it's done.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Typical large corporation. Not my job.......Next. One of the worst things one can do when working at a large corporation or in government is actually going out of your way to help someone. Rarely done. Very sad. #TOOBIGTOFAIL

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
Horrible responses but I'm not surprised in the least. They couldn't care less customer service when they are unloading a million F150s per year.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That is pretty bad. I looked at some of you other posts and it looks like you are going to try to get a Lemon Law for it as well? Is this the same issue you have been having or is this something new? Hopefully you have another car because it seems you are in for a long crazy ride. I hope all works out for the best for you.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Call the Ford 800# back and ask for a Supervisor. Once you get a Supervisor on the line, give the Case number, tell them you’re sick of the runaround and you need to have a competent CSR who knows what is and has been assigned for their region.

The issue is, the Regional CSR for any given region can be changed without notice... and it’s quite possible that a region could have been reassigned, but the CSRs are unaware of the changes...

I had to go through THREE different CSRs with my prior 2016 and yes that was after each was assigned to the Case.... oh and a Supervisor. So the concerns you have are not unheard of with trying to get needed service.

Whatever you do, don’t wait for them to call you, be persistent and keep calling... even if you’re told someone will call you back, don’t wait a day, call them back in a hour if you hadn’t heard anything.

OP
OP

Cneo350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
That is pretty bad. I looked at some of you other posts and it looks like you are going to try to get a Lemon Law for it as well? Is this the same issue you have been having or is this something new? Hopefully you have another car because it seems you are in for a long crazy ride. I hope all works out for the best for you.
So my car was in the shop for 37 days to replace the front right wheel hub and bearing as well as the thermostat. Then 3 days for the front left wheel hub and bearing and now 10 days because the oil pressure sensor backed out.

OP
OP

Cneo350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350
1 ) Take an Uber back home
2 ) Keep calling Ford about arranging a loaner.
3 ) Get a cheap rental from Enterprise in the meantime.
4 ) Let the dealer where your car is located fix it.
5 ) Hit up a friend (promise him a steak dinner) or take an Uber to pick it up when it's done.
I was lucky enough that my friend was in the car behind me and I caught a ride home with him.

I actually told the dealership now that I’ll rent a car Sunday and pick up my car, but they’re closed sundays.

Okay so leave the paperwork in my car and mail me the key I’ll come with my spare. Nope not an option.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Go test drive a car at the dealership, then refuse to get out until it becomes your loaner.

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Get your car back and trade it for a Vette.