EB/v6 front spring rate vs gt

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Hey guys,
I’ve literally looked everywhere but I’m at a complete loss. Does anyone know if the non pp eb/v6 cars have a different front spring rate than the gt? And if so, what is the spring rate? Any help appreciated
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Hey guys,
I’ve literally looked everywhere but I’m at a complete loss. Does anyone know if the non pp eb/v6 cars have a different front spring rate than the gt? And if so, what is the spring rate? Any help appreciated
Before asking that question you should ask if there is any change in your 2018 GT from a 2017 GT. Like you I can’t find anything. The V8 is 70 pounds heavier than the V6 so I have to imagine the springs are different. But you never know. Ford is cheap so the base S550 cars got the 2014 Mustang GT brakes as hand-me-downs. Other stuff like the air box is is the same I believe. And I think the rad is the same. Someone correct me if you are sure...

The bigger question is why you ask?

OP
OP

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Before asking that question you should ask if there is any change in your 2018 GT from a 2017 GT. Like you I can’t find anything. The V8 is 70 pounds heavier than the V6 so I have to imagine the springs are different. But you never know. Ford is cheap so the base S550 cars got the 2014 Mustang GT brakes as hand-me-downs. Other stuff like the air box is is the same I believe. And I think the rad is the same. Someone correct me if you are sure...

The bigger question is why you ask?
I have no need to know what the spring rate differences are from a 15-17 vs an 18-19 gt, however that information is available on here if you look, but nothing on the v6/eb.
Hand me down parts are an economical decision which improves the quality of the “lesser” vehicles in the next generation and helps prevent increased cost with new Part development. It’s essentially a win-win. Not really relevant to my question but I digress.

If it helps me get a valid answer, my reason for inquiry is I am trying to see what the spring rate is as I want a slightly softer spring rate than stock that does not lower the vehicle as much as the BMR drag springs. I live in a rural area and my 17 got hammered on when it was lowered and I don’t want to repeat the process.

I know I could get the bmr drag springs and then a strut spacer kit but I’d rather not waste money on that if there is a smarter option.

I guess I’ll just buy a set and see what happens.

Last edited:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Well good luck. You are thinking out of the box so you basically are on your own. Actually your goals remind me of how Lotus approached suspension design back in the day which - and I’m going by memory here - soft springs with hard shocks. But my memory could be wrong.

Regardless, please update us as to how it all worked out and add to the data base here. There will be someone else with a similar query and come across his thread and say “this is what I was looking for” and then never find out what happens.

Good luck!

D24112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 MT
The Ford Performance Street Handling Pack is listed to fit the 15 to 19 GT and EB. The EB front end weighs about the same as the V6 does.They never tested it on the V6 but it works. Don't know it this helps.If you want to try the V6 struts and spring let me know, I have my stock ones..

Sponsored

OP
OP

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Yeah I even found the part numbers on an eBay listing and after a google search nothing came up. Anybody have a eb that’s done springs and has a set they wanna get rid of?

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
Yeah I even found the part numbers on an eBay listing and after a google search nothing came up. Anybody have a eb that’s done springs and has a set they wanna get rid of?
I just installed the Ford track pack on my Eco Premium. I've got the stock suspension posted for sale in the marketplace. Looks like you're in California, we might be able to work something out.
Sponsored