Sponsored

Best DFW dealer for prices?

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I know which DFW chevy guy will give me every incentive available, but who should I go to for the best deal on a new 19 mustang GT?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thanks, I ended up going to 5 star in plano and getting an 'ok' deal - couldnt get southwest to call me back when I told them what I was looking for (Koons WOW price + 1500)

LeagueRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
That Guy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic Metal
Glad you found something.

My only advice will be do NOT go to Grapevine Ford...bought 2 cars from them but since my buddy Skip left they have not been the same. Very much a take it or leave it place, would not even waive the $350 doc fee on a $31,000 2017 mustang with 19,127 on it.

I get it, when shopping you have to be prepared to walk away which will work when shopping new cars, much harder when you find a used car you like. I bought it as it was well within my budget however I could have done without the attitude that their finance manager gave me.

Edit: wanted to elaborate a little on the attitude part. I asked him to send the sales guy back over as he was more pleasant to speak with which shocked this guy a little. He pretty much said that I would be dealing with him from now on and the other guy was no longer available...okay
So after some haggling on my side only he indicated that I could either take the offer or walk away as he had two appointments the next day to look at this car...whatever man
The cars intake manifold had been replaced per the CarFax, by their shop so I asked, why was the intake manifold replaced. "oh, we can find out but if I do you are buying this car..." Of course I know that is not how it works so I told him Sure, just go find out man. He came back and said that the intake manifold was replaced because the car had straight pipes...verbatim.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Glad you found something.

My only advice will be do NOT go to Grapevine Ford...bought 2 cars from them but since my buddy Skip left they have not been the same. Very much a take it or leave it place, would not even waive the $350 doc fee on a $31,000 2017 mustang with 19,127 on it.

I get it, when shopping you have to be prepared to walk away which will work when shopping new cars, much harder when you find a used car you like. I bought it as it was well within my budget however I could have done without the attitude that their finance manager gave me.

Grapevine really annoyed me, they're either incompetent or intentionally trying to rip me off and wasting 2 hours of my time

They tried to sell me an 18 car that Autonation (!) Arlington had for 32k for 35k! They acted like they didn't know about Fords 18 incentives and tried to charge me near MSRP on a new 19 at which point I walked in disgust.

Shame as grapevine Chevy has the most honest salesman in the state, but that Ford dealer I wouldn't go back to if they were the only one left in Texas.

They called me back the day after I put down with 5 star, but they had one shot at getting a lifetime customer and blew it trying to rip me off.

I guess enough people are fine with overpaying for them to stay in business

Ford Richardson were even worse, incredibly arrogant like they were selling porsches and gave me a ludicrously high price and told me no other dealers would give me better.

At which point I rolled my eyes and left.

Sponsored

aks0605

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Grapevine Ford has been the best price on my 2017 and now my 2019. Not the greatest service but good prices

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Two dealerships I've never been able to get a deal done with are Grapevine Ford and 5 Star Ford off of 820 and Rufe Snow. Their ADM's were and still are stupid high. GV Ford wanted $30K ADM on a 18 GT350R and said they might do $20K ADM if I was serious. LOL. 5 Star is not much better.

Grand Prairie Ford wanted to move some metal. Not collect it.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my car from Brinson Ford down in Corsicana, they had the car advertised at a crazy low price. The drive up was nerve racking.. I thought they were going to walk back on the deal once they had me in their office.

Car looked great, price was the same, they had me in & out of their office within 30 mins. I thought I left $500 cash on the table due to my Ford college grad certificate expiring.. Ford called me weeks later with the updated certificate - I sent it in to Brinson and they applied for it. Ford sent me a $500 check a month later!

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
David McDavid Fort Worth off 820 in White Settlement did me ''ok'' on my used 18. One thing that really ticked me off tho is the car i was looking at was a Ford certified car. The advertised price was 35k. It's got almost every option besides magnaride. Price was good. Gave me a decent amount on my 13 Fusion trade. He asked me though if I'd be interested in the 48month 100k Ford Certification and I said yes. He says good, it's included with the car so I was super happy until I went to sign and the price of the car went up $1350 to $37.500. I said what is the extra $1350 for (not including all the other little dinky fees but car "price") and he says "the certification". I believe, and I could be wrong that if a car comes in certified, it's part of the car, you don't have to pay extra for it like an extended warranty. My sales guy said it's extra but i feel like I kinda got the bait and switch a little. Overall though I was happy with the dealership and the sales and finance guy.

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible