Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I started a thread with a question, but I’ll ask here too:

Is there a way to enable the 10R80 gear indicator on the 2018+ non-digital dash to be always on with Forscan? I know it can be done with a tune, but I’m not looking to do that right now. I assume there has to be a way in Forscan but I looked in the spreadsheet and didn’t see anything. Any help is appreciated.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/10r80-standard-cluster-gear-indicator.111718/
Sponsored

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I not sure if this is a dumb a$$ question but do I need to-have forscan connected to the Internet to work or does it work when it’s connected to the car I live in a country and have lousy Internet service

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
no internet connection needed :)

rrozell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Would appreciate assistance in turning off Collision Avoidance. Paxton intercooler took sensors place. Thanks

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Guys i need some help with my as built data for changing gears. I have a 3.7 6spd and somebody saud the first 4 digits were 0175..i tried that and it gave me a error saying incould do it..but something was wrong. I found another area in the program where i was actually able to select 373 as my gear ratio but seems like everybody was talking about changing the as built data line

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Nevermimd guys, got it all figured out! Also did the cope mode, turned off my tpms (cause i have no sensors in my current wheels and that light and chime is annoying) added the boost gauge. Thabks for all the awesome info in here

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Has anyone figured out how to stop the dash from changing or reverting from My Color to the default white when driving during the day?

Why can’t the My Color remain your selected color 24/7?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^ I want that too!

Sponsored

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I use the OBDLink MX Bluetooth (not the wifi version) and have had no issues.
Just received this announcement of the new version that is now IOS compatable;
OBDLink MX+ Professional OBD2 Scanner for iPhone, iPad, Android & Windows

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Couldn't you just cover the sun-load sensor to do this?
Where is that sensor? I thought it was the sensor at the top center of dash near base of windshield, but when covering it up (to fake it out), the cluster color remains white... I would have thought the same that it would revert back to My Color, but didn’t.

Is the change possibly occurring and somehow programmed to actual time of day??

This has to be in Forscan somewhere.

Bespinoza66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 automatic 5.0, 4.09 differential
This is incredible. I feel really dumb buying an SCT X4 to calibrate my speedometer like I was told it would, then I was told a custom tune would calibrate the speedometer so I ended up with a really expensive purchase only to find this thread a year later that would have saved me so many headaches lol.

A few questions:

1) I went from 3.15 to 4.09:1 on my 2016 GT CS. Are the current gear ratio codes confirmed to be working properly from the "S550 AS-BUILT VALUES" file?

2) Is there any update that would prevent me from making changes to my BCM currently?

3) Should I put the stock tune back in my vehicle before making any changes to BCM? I currently have a Steeda custom tune that I was told would calibrate my speedometer for 4:09:1 gears.

4) This method does make changes to the BCM correct?

Sorry I'm a total noob when it comes to this. I have all the programs and files but I just want to make sure this method would still work on my GT/CS before buying the recommended tool. Thank you for the responses.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Where is that sensor? I thought it was the sensor at the top center of dash near base of windshield, but when covering it up (to fake it out), the cluster color remains white... I would have thought the same that it would revert back to My Color, but didn’t.

Is the change possibly occurring and somehow programmed to actual time of day??

This has to be in Forscan somewhere.
How long did you cover it up, and with what? Paper and clothing might be too translucent Maybe a small plate or cup? Leave it there when you start the car. There is a significant delay. If your headlights aren't kicking on, you haven't waited long enough.

th2408au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone else with a 2018 GT premium have issues seeing the ACM in ForScan? I purchased the expensive OBDLink MX bluetooth adapter and connected to it. When I connect to the car it only loads...

PCM
OBDII
APIM
PAM
BdyCM
BECMB

Am I doing it wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: JK user error
you need a OBDLink with a switch to access the other modules
Sponsored