green hell vids

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i generally enjoy watching videos of cars on the nurburgring due to the fact that its a long track with a lot of action. what ive noticed is i cant find any official videos of a gt350 or an R hot laps or lap records. all they have are spy clips from previous years testing. you can pretty much find vids of any other cars running official lap times there but not the shelby...what gives? best i could find was some rando running a decent 8:19
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As far as I can tell, Ford feels that posting a Nurburgring lap time is lame. IIRC some believe that the competition cheats. I know we sure saw a Z/28 that made lots more power than it was rated for when Motor Trend did the GT350R vs. Z/28 comparison video. On the Nurburgring lots of mods can be made to give an advantage without anyone knowing any better. Since it isn't a third party test it's pretty tough to guarantee a level playing field.

It's been obvious many times that GM likes to play specmanship games. Like when the Ford GT set a record during a driveability test. GM "just happened" to go there with cameras and film their best effort 'vette time afterwards - paste it all over the internet and claim victory. Lame.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i dont even care what the time is/was. i just wanna watch someone drive that thing flat out and listen to that glorious beast. the spy footage looks like they were driving flat out but no in car footage sadly

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
i dont even care what the time is/was. i just wanna watch someone drive that thing flat out and listen to that glorious beast. the spy footage looks like they were driving flat out but no in car footage sadly
There's a guy on the GT350 forum that posted some Nurburgring footage. He posted footage of a few other tracks in Europe as well. Here's a link to the thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt350-on-the-ring.80846/

I realize you said you want flat out, but the best you are going to get is a video of a decent driver pushing at 90+ percent because he needs to drive it home at the end of the day.

OP
OP

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP