Sponsored

Help me decide on a Supercharger vs Turbo

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. Just picked up a 15 GT A6 and need that boost up in my life. Thinking of either a Whipple or a Hellion kit. Car will be primarily a street car but looking to drag it regularly as well, shooting for the high 9s but can work my way there as well.
For those with experience on these what do you recommend? Car is bone stock now, what do you suggest I do to start out with from the beginning as far as additional mods?
Prob will do OP/Crank gears at the same time as this car has higher than average mileage etc and the extra insurance cant hurt.

Looking to do this ASAP with the Black Friday deals imminent. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Here comes 50 different opinions about the same subject that has been asked 50 different times....

turbo/screw/centrifugal/tvs all can get you high 9's, all have there pros/cons, all street daily driver friendly when done right.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
:ontheloo: No more popcorn emoji. This will work.:cwl: Inquiring minds want to know.

Mickey3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My vote is for the Whipple. Big torque down low, decent tuning software supplied and superior build quality. Maybe @Chris@Lethal or @beefcake
will chime in...

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you decide to go turbo we have multiple options for power output and offer the best customer service in the industry! If you have any questions, please give us a call!

Team Hellion

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Well since u asked lol!!!.Procharger,have a d1sc on e85 and a 3800.stall and running a 9.7@142 with a 1.40 60ft.Easiest to install out of all kits and i can still turn it up some more if i want!!!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Here comes 50 different opinions about the same subject that has been asked 50 different times....

turbo/screw/centrifugal/tvs all can get you high 9's, all have there pros/cons, all street daily driver friendly when done right.
Any kit on the market will take these cars to high 9s for sure!

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
For primarily street use I would go with a supercharger. For drag strip and trying for killer times go turbo all day.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
how bout this too!!!

FREE Boost!! Who's ready for a great gift this Holiday Season!!

Team Beefcake Racing will be giving full refunds to 2 lucky purchasers between now and Christmas Eve! Talk about a wonderful Christmas Present!!

Team Beefcake Racing will automatically enter every purchaser of a Vortech or Paxton supercharger kit or Beefcake Special Vortech / Paxton supercharger kit into a drawing for a full refund on the purchase price of the supercharger kit itself!
Team Beefcake Racing will automatically enter every purchaser of a Whipple Supercharger Kit including Beefcake Specials into a drawing to WIN A FULL REFUND* of the purchase price of the supercharger kit itself! ** No Coupon Code Needed
Qualifying Purchase Dates 11/12 - 12/24

Drawing on Christmas Day 12/25 Winner will be posted on Facebook and Instagram

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/free-supercharger-kit-vortech-paxton-whipple.html

vortech_paxton_refund_insta.jpg
whipple_refund_insta.jpg

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
They all will work out great for you. People will always chime in and state their preferences...but in the end, it's up to you.

For the most part, it comes down to two things:

1 - Price.
2 - Your driving style.

To start, I'd do the OPG/CG combo, shifter (MGW or Barton H3), and BMR's "Kelly Cocktail" out back. Don't neglect those suspension and shifter mods. They make an amazing difference, even in stock form.

Sponsored

Mike5876

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kona Blue GT 1194 RWHP
They all will work out great for you. People will always chime in and state their preferences...but in the end, it's up to you.

For the most part, it comes down to two things:

1 - Price.
2 - Your driving style.

To start, I'd do the OPG/CG combo, shifter (MGW or Barton H3), and BMR's "Kelly Cocktail" out back. Don't neglect those suspension and shifter mods. They make an amazing difference, even in stock form.
I have a 2018 Hellion turbo car .....The look of the turbos when you open the hood...the drives like stock until you need more and Hellion customer service is second to none
This is my 5th Hellion car i love these kits!!! BTW my car went 9.70 @149 on 20" street wheels

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
People are going to recommend what they have on their car 99% of the time, so I'm going to be a hypocrite and recommend Whipple for you lol. If you want instant torque get Whipple, if you want over 1000rwhp in the future then get twins.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
I have a stage 2 whipple, but seriously either of those choices will get the blood flowing fast! Good luck.

OP
OP

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have a stage 2 whipple, but seriously either of those choices will get the blood flowing fast! Good luck.
Thanks for your input. I am leaning towards the Whipple at this point. If you had to do it again, would you still choose it?

OP
OP

MisterNitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
People are going to recommend what they have on their car 99% of the time, so I'm going to be a hypocrite and recommend Whipple for you lol. If you want instant torque get Whipple, if you want over 1000rwhp in the future then get twins.
I see in your sig that you have a Whipple, how do you like it?
Sponsored