Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Is this A/C Evaporator defect also affecting the 2018 models? Sorry if this has been asked before. I would look back, but this thread is super long at 72 pages already.
Good question... they probably haven't been in service long enough to know but hopefully, Ford would have gotten the problem fixed after 3 years. I'm looking a buying a leftover 18 that was built in 17, so it's a real concern.
Sponsored

Party Rock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Good question... they probably haven't been in service long enough to know but hopefully, Ford would have gotten the problem fixed after 3 years. I'm looking a buying a leftover 18 that was built in 17, so it's a real concern.
Yea I'm looking to buy a leftover 2018 as well. Hopefully some members here with a 2018 can chime in and report if it's affecting their model year.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is this A/C Evaporator defect also affecting the 2018 models? Sorry if this has been asked before. I would look back, but this thread is super long at 72 pages already.
Yea I'm looking to buy a leftover 2018 as well. Hopefully some members here with a 2018 can chime in and report if it's affecting their model year.
I can only speak for myself and my 2018:
2018 EB
Premium w/Perf Pack
10R80

Vehicle was Special Ordered via Ford Buy Back Program to replace my prior 2016. Picked it up in Feb 2018 and to date, I have just over 14k miles on it with absolutely no A/C issues.

Just a small note about my prior 2016 - I bought that car new in Dec 2015; when it was turned back to Ford in Feb 2018, it had over 36k on it and never had any A/C issues at all.

Cavpilot2k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW 135i (modded)
So Ford hasn't acknowledged this is a design flaw and offered extended warranty service on the part?
Yet one more thing making me question my plan to buy a Mustang (or any Ford car, for that matter).

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
This is incredibly disappointing. I'm in the same situation - 2015 with 9500 miles and failed evaporator core. My car is garaged for the winter, but in the spring I plan to have the dealership recharge the A/C system with refrigerant and dye so they can prove where it's leaking. They say that's required to open a case with Customer Care. I'm hoping the delay won't weaken my case to get help from Ford for the repair. When I bought my Mustang I thought Ford's quality had improved - but obviously not. Additionally, it has become obvious Ford doesn't care what its customers think of them. We just bought a new Lexus Crossover and didn't even consider a Ford.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I looked through the threads to see what sealant product was used, but didn't find it. Could you post the product name again? How was the sealant used - put in the A/C system? Thanks much!

Sponsored

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Thanks Josephstef!

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
Any tips about where to connect the A/C Pro Ultra Synthetic to charge the A/C system?

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any tips about where to connect the A/C Pro Ultra Synthetic to charge the A/C system?
AC Pro do a specific sealant by itself as well, may be worth a shot, you want to charge it on the low side port, check this video . and then check this for the mustang

5 O UFO

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I am down in Florida on vacation and started having some trouble with defrost setting working correctly. I also have a whining sound almost like a faint turbo whine that started at the same time. A/C is working intermittently and the whining sound seems to only happen when the A/C compressor is engaged. I am thinking that this looks like the schrader valve could be leaking on my 17GT and I now have low refrigerant. Can someone please confirm that this is what leaking refrigerant would look like? Google images is not much help on this and I m hoping someone else has seen this. In addition is this the high pressure side (Service port)?

fa4jfc.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I am thinking that this looks like the schrader valve could be leaking on my 17GT and I now have low refrigerant.
More likely the evaporator is leaking. Only way to know is to have the whole A/C leak tested.
Sponsored