Sponsored

Sync3 - where are my Mobile Apps?

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I use the built in Sync3 Nav in France and it works a treat including the traffic related functions
I'm pretty sure it doesn't show speed cameras in France, where Waze does?? Maybe I'm wrong. Plus the advantage of Waze is that it has a big database of people who report, and Sync 3 does not have that database of people reporting, if any.
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I'm pretty sure it doesn't show speed cameras in France, where Waze does?? Maybe I'm wrong. Plus the advantage of Waze is that it has a big database of people who report, and Sync 3 does not have that database of people reporting, if any.
Speed cameras in France are well signposted (and not very many of them other than motorways). Gendarmes in bushes will defeat any warning system ! Speed limit off of motorways and dual carriageways is so low now at 80kmh that if you are moving you are probably breaking the limit !

Even though France are far more active with road building it rarely causes a problem. F7 map update is pretty good.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Speed cameras in France are well signposted (and not very many of them other than motorways). Gendarmes in bushes will defeat any warning system ! Speed limit off of motorways and dual carriageways is so low now at 80kmh that if you are moving you are probably breaking the limit !

Even though France are far more active with road building it rarely causes a problem. F7 map update is pretty good.
On way back from Le Mans, Waze was very useful with the Gendarmes. Sync 3 would not have picked this up. You can easily miss the signposts on the motorway.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Android Auto and Sync 3 work great, but this car is very sensitive to the quality of the connecting USB cable. Once you find a cable that works 100% then treasure it.
Yes I found that!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah yeah, i know what they look like. But sometimes they are partially obscured by a lorry or bridge etc and can be missed when driving at night. Anyway, Waze is good for reporting and receiving information. No idea why more people don't use it.
Sponsored