Sponsored

Driving modes

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Those tacky chrome toggle switches just aren't doing it for me.
Not that it would change your opinion, but for the record, the toggles are aluminum with more of a satin finish. They are definitely NOT chrome...
toggles.jpg

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
The only thing I want is that the steering setting and the throttle setting to be able to be set to default to whatever i left them at. I am fine if the traction control defaults back to normal but i want to be able to keep sport steering mode and sport throttle map everytime i start the car

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Not that it would change your opinion, but for the record, the toggles are aluminum with more of a satin finish. They are definitely NOT chrome...
Thank you! I was about to post the same reply.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Something tells me the aftermarket will have a kit or overlays out shortly after release for those that want to change these up.....

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
From the video of the drive-along on the EB, in addition to the mode selection, the automatic has 'S' selection on the gearbox, giving you the 'sport' mode which I believe gives you control of the shifting through the paddles all the way up to red-line.

While it may not be the same as the 'sport' driving mode (which seems to alter the throttle mapping), it does give you the control of the gearbox that would be fun every now and again.

Dirdle65

Threads
Reaction score
Could anyone possibly chime in about the "snow" setting on the toggle switch. Do you think it just dials back the throttle response. Something I did all my life living in Colorado? It rarely ever snows much here in ABQ but when it does and sticks it's usually pretty icy. But nothing I haven't been able to deal with in my rear wheel drive 2006 Miata. So I'm thinking it's just a nanny and nothing more than the standard "traction control".

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
From the video of the drive-along on the EB, in addition to the mode selection, the automatic has 'S' selection on the gearbox, giving you the 'sport' mode which I believe gives you control of the shifting through the paddles all the way up to red-line.

While it may not be the same as the 'sport' driving mode (which seems to alter the throttle mapping), it does give you the control of the gearbox that would be fun every now and again.
If you put it in Sport mode and don't touch the paddles, it will remain auto, shift more aggressively (both up and down) and remain in lower gears longer after letting off the throttle for more track oriented stuff. It also removes 6th gear. My 2013 has the same thing, but instead of paddles, there is a button on the side of the shifter for shifting manually.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Certainly Ford has a solution for the 300A base GT and 100A base Ecoboost in the "Performance Pack" (67G/67E) for the "Track" and "Sport" selectable Drive Modes.

There is not any reason to cripple the Performance Pack (67G/67E) on a lightweight Base GT or Ecoboost (300A/100A)

The answer needs to be somewhere either in the 4th toggle switch or a combo of pressing other buttons by virtue of being included in the Performance Pack. Certainly 300A/100A owners opting for the PP would be able to push a combination of buttons if a toggle switch is not provided. ... Because being on the track or sport or snow ice is much more complicated than being able to push a button.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I'm assuming the base GT will have a fully defeatable stability and traction control button? I think I see the button in the center......and when set to the "off" position it will be in track mode for cars equipped with the Performance Pack? Maybe less the steering weight setting?

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Could anyone possibly chime in about the "snow" setting on the toggle switch. Do you think it just dials back the throttle response. Something I did all my life living in Colorado? It rarely ever snows much here in ABQ but when it does and sticks it's usually pretty icy. But nothing I haven't been able to deal with in my rear wheel drive 2006 Miata. So I'm thinking it's just a nanny and nothing more than the standard "traction control".
My guess on what a "snow" setting would do (based on things I would like it to do, so, just wishful thinking perhaps):

Start out from all stops in second gear.
Dial up the stability control to intervene more quickly when yaw is detected.
Dial down the traction control to allow more wheel spin during acceleration.

*** - something people who don't drive in snow that often never seem to realize is that wheelspin is necessary to accelerate on snow. On my old Mercedes, I had non-defeatable traction control, and every time it would feel the wheels start to slip, it would cut the throttle -- meaning that it was literally impossible to get the car to go more than 1 or 2 mph through snow. Also, stability control has to be completely defeatable (along with traction control) to get out of a snow bank once you're caught in one... I ran into that problem last winter, when I spent two hours digging myself out of three feet of snow and ice and couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the car to pull its way onto the street even after I'd dug it out, before I realized that I'd shut off the traction control but forgot to shut off the stability control. Did that, got out in less than 30 seconds after that.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
The s197 coyotes had select-able driving modes. It basically changed the traction control nannys to 3 different levels. You can completely disable all the traction control models by pressing off then holding it for 7 seconds.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Hmmm...if the based model is normal mode default, I wonder if you can set it to always be off? I would hate turning it off every time I want to play. Next question is, if you buy the premium model and set it in track mode, will it always be in track mode every time you start it? That would be my preference.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
On my 2013 you had to turn off traction control every time the car was started. If you are planning on getting an aftermarket tune the tuner can disable it.

Goblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
I wonder if the pushbutton assembly can't simply be changed out for the toggle switch assembly? If the buttons and toggles are all wired to a plug that connects to the harness it could be an easy mod.
Sponsored