Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I've used here maps quite a bit with good success. I haven't used it on phone hotspot very much so I pulled the maps down over the garage WiFi. I would expect it to work well. (I have the 2G RAM.) The backup camera works great and produces a nice large image with the included connections.
What's the performance like im debating upgrading mine the maps are slow
Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the performance like im debating upgrading mine the maps are slow
Pretty good. Not as fast as my essential phone or my nexis 6p (no surprise) was but usable. I ran them for a business trip a while back. I need to try running Google maps with traffic rerouting and see how it does.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The app switcher on this is annoying though. It's kind of glitchy as you can't touch the window in front. Anyone ever been able to run a task switcher replacement?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Pretty good. Not as fast as my essential phone or my nexis 6p (no surprise) was but usable. I ran them for a business trip a while back. I need to try running Google maps with traffic rerouting and see how it does.
Try maps if you can. My unit with 1g runs well but Google maps and Waze are slow to load. They are functional but not ideal

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have noticed a lot of people on this thread talking about upgrading to the 2g ram but if you look on the seicane website there is no option for a 2g ram upgrade and if you scroll further down you will see a picture saying the unit has 2g ram.

Can anyone that has ordered recently verify that all of the units are 2g ram? I know some times these Chinese websites can be inaccurate with descriptions and I definitely want to make sure I get 2g ram.

www.seicane.com/android-radio-for-2015-ford-mustang-with-3g-wifi-bluetooth-gps-navigation-system-capacitive-touch-screen-tpms-dvr-obd-ii-rear-camera-aux-headrest-monitor-control-usb-sd-video-s085702f

Sponsored

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this. Hopefully it is the 2g ram version.

I will post an update with the results after everything is installed.

Lj2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
how easy the installation is? I have not done something similar to this before, if i would follow the instructions will I be fine? Is it too complicated? My concern is the wiring.

And for those who used for a while? Any problems? Are you guys happy with the unit?

Any feedback is so appreciated :)

kingrooster31

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roosevelt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 spd black accent package
firstly, I have a 2018 base.

I bought one of these units from below link and was installing it today but after installing it did not turn ON. Not sure if I just got a dud. I wanted see how many of you guys installed them in 2018 GT's and got them running? I feel the harnesses should have remained the same for the base models.

If the Seicane unit works with the 2018's then I will just go ahead and order one. But for the time being, I will try to get a replacement from the seller on Ali express. Till then no radio or camera

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For...8.html?spm=2114.search0604.0.0.75491accC0aY8M

Sponsored

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The one you linked doesn't look like the seicane unit. At least the tablet doesn't.

kingrooster31

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roosevelt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6 spd black accent package
The one you linked doesn't look like the seicane unit. At least the tablet doesn't.
Yea I know the pic doesn't. But the one i got looks pretty much the same as the Seicane unit. Buttons on the left and all

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
TBH I don't know anything about compatibility with the '18 and '19 cars.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today. I will update everyone after I get it installed.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
TBH I don't know anything about compatibility with the '18 and '19 cars.

Mine is scheduled to be delivered today. I will update everyone after I get it installed.
Yeah, I think there's 2 or 3 different Chinese companies making them. One doesn't have the CD player, and the other is the Tesla style vertical units now. They all install there own Android setups along with their own added software widgets for various mods.

Seicane's unit I think is one of the most compatible, from what I can see. They actually include a CAN/BUS adapter that allows for SYNCH to work, and also has a small data display on the main screen showing the Outside air temperature like the original stereo does. None of the others have this.

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
That is the reason I went with the Seicane unit. I can also say that they answer their emails promptly.

Excited to get mine installed.
Sponsored