Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
160 in a 60 zone (kilometres or 100mph on a 38mph zone) + plus not turning on my headlights at night (4:30am) and they let me off easy.

“They” claim they caught me speeding my “Black 5 litre Mustang” as they called it (I drove a black fox-body 5.0 Mustang LX hatchback in the late 1980s) and that I sped away creating a multiple cruiser car chase through a residential neighbourhood at or exceeding speeds of 160km an hour with my headlights off. That I then ditched my car in someone’s driveway and hid behind one of the seats. The cruisers found and, circled the car and I was pulled out and searched and my map book was looked at page by page for drug deal clues.

The officer who initiated the case said that normally they would arrest me and take me in but he was going on vacation in a few hours so he would write me up these tickets and that “My days of driving the Mustang were over!” Yes, he actually said that. I fought the case by initiating a "Charter Application" claiming my rights were violated (this was just after the Rodney King stuff and everyone was tooting the police harassment thing). The judge did not want to have anything to do with this “hot” case and showed me several ways he could get me off all charges if I wanted to drop the Charter Application. I wasn’t interested and wanted to stand on my rights. The judge got really angry and pissed off and sent me and the cop out of the court room to talk it over amongst ourselves. We just ended up shouting at each other and then this motorcycle cop (with the pants and helmet, etc.) sticks his head out the door and says the judge wants to see us now.

He said he will bump the Charter Application up to a higher court and that we will all come back here on Halloween Night for a ruling. I was ecstatic, I was pumped! But when we came back months later the judge said there “may” have been a violation, but that the remedies were draconian (having the charges dropped – even though he was willing to do the same – go figure) so he was not going to rule on it and kicked the two of us out of the court again for figure it out ourselves. I was depressed and the cop just wanted it to go away so he said he would just give me a speeding ticket for 15 over if I would just stop and so that was that.

How come you never see this on TV? Judges chickening out on making precedent so they just evade and evade till it goes away. Judges are more political in the States, so this may work for you guys down there if you really get yourself in a pickle. Just saying...

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
160 in a 60 zone (kilometres or 100mph on a 38mph zone) + plus not turning on my headlights at night (4:30am) and they let me off easy.

“They” claim they caught me speeding my “Black 5 litre Mustang” as they called it (I drove a black fox-body 5.0 Mustang LX hatchback in the late 1980s) and that I sped away creating a multiple cruiser car chase through a residential neighbourhood at or exceeding speeds of 160km an hour with my headlights off. That I then ditched my car in someone’s driveway and hid behind one of the seats. The cruisers found and, circled the car and I was pulled out and searched and my map book was looked at page by page for drug deal clues.

The officer who initiated the case said that normally they would arrest me and take me in but he was going on vacation in a few hours so he would write me up these tickets and that “My days of driving the Mustang were over!” Yes, he actually said that. I fought the case by initiating a "Charter Application" claiming my rights were violated (this was just after the Rodney King stuff and everyone was tooting the police harassment thing). The judge did not want to have anything to do with this “hot” case and showed me several ways he could get me off all charges if I wanted to drop the Charter Application. I wasn’t interested and wanted to stand on my rights. The judge got really angry and pissed off and sent me and the cop out of the court room to talk it over amongst ourselves. We just ended up shouting at each other and then this motorcycle cop (with the pants and helmet, etc.) sticks his head out the door and says the judge wants to see us now.

He said he will bump the Charter Application up to a higher court and that we will all come back here on Halloween Night for a ruling. I was ecstatic, I was pumped! But when we came back months later the judge said there “may” have been a violation, but that the remedies were draconian (having the charges dropped – even though he was willing to do the same – go figure) so he was not going to rule on it and kicked the two of us out of the court again for figure it out ourselves. I was depressed and the cop just wanted it to go away so he said he would just give me a speeding ticket for 15 over if I would just stop and so that was that.

How come you never see this on TV? Judges chickening out on making precedent so they just evade and evade till it goes away. Judges are more political in the States, so this may work for you guys down there if you really get yourself in a pickle. Just saying...
:crazy:

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
I "ran" a red light because it was shorter in time than it should have been ( by around 1.5 seconds) according to the state engineering standards.

I timed the light then showed the judge a video. She said since I couldn't actually time the circuit then she couldn't accept it as evidence. She then removed the ticket from my record but still charged me a fine.

It was just tax collection, really. They changed the light's timing a month later. I am sure I had no influence on this decision, which means they already knew about the problem but wrote me a ticket anyways. But yeah, that's the worst ticket I've ever had haha.

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
Went to a car meet in a huge parking lot with some friends. There were 3 girls in a brand new M3 BMW and my buddy told me i wouldn't go talk to them. So i went up and i jokingly asked if they wanted to go do some runs. They asked what kind of car i drove and I told them "Just a little Honda Civic. Wait here Ill pull it up." So I go get my stang and pull up next to them, look over at them, and start doing a huge burnout. After the burnout i get off the car, 3 cops are behind me with lights on and everything... I don't mind them. I went to the girl's window and asked for her number, got her number, then i went to talk with the cops. He asked if i was driving, and why i did a burnout. All i told him i was trying to impress some girls to get their number. He asked, "Did you get it?" I said , "Yes, sir!" He let me go with a warning!

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Barry Manilow. Hated it.

xmadror

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 ecoboost
I was pretty lucky over the years and only have gotten 3 tickets in 18 years of driving.
2x for speeding (like 20 over) and once for a stop sign were I didn't come to a full stop (which you have to in Canada).
Both speeding ticket were over 16 years ago and the stop sign was like 13-14 years ago.

Got lucky a few times when I had was DD'ing a mx-5. Got pulled once for going sideways at nearly full wot in a merging lane in a totally empty four way with traffic lights during winter in th emiddle of the night, told that cop I was taken by surprised and had to counter-steer while giving gas to avoid crashing and since I have a clean record he let me go with a warning.

Also in the mx-5 during winter I was pulled over because my rear end was getting slightly loose while gaining speed after each stop sing after a snow fall (not speeding at all), cop tough I was on summer tire and was quite surprised to see I had studded winter tires on! Told me my tire must have been on their way out. I agreed with him even though the tire had like 9/32 left and he let me got after he told me to be careful.

Last one in the mx-5 was in the summer and I wasn't even going sideways, speeding or squealing the tires but I was doing the speed limit in a section that consist of 3 tight curves that regular car have to slow down a lot to take. Cop told me I was speeding but that he could not tell my by how much since his radar was off (yeah right w/e) and he tough I was fleeing from him. I had no idea he was chasing me, didn't even saw the cop car or light and he didn't use the siren either. When they got to me I was parked at a friends place right after those 3 curves and about to get out of my car.
Cop was pissed when I asked why I was pulled over but he eventually let me go with a warning.

Then with my BRZ an extra rude, on foot, off duty cop came to talk to me after he heard some tire squealing in a curve before I parked a block later (no speeding or sideways action) and other then going on rant and being extra pissed at me he just left after threatening to send me a ticket by mail. Never got it, I don't even think he noted my license plate and he never asked for my papers.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Too many tickets. Either 103 in a 55 MPH in a 1986 ford tempo or exhibition of acceleration. 1972 chevelle. Decided to see if we could light 'em up. Didn't realize the 'po was behind me with his lights on (for speeding). Smoked the tires ALL the way over the overpass.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Near as I can remember, it was something like 65 in a 50 zone, somewhere in the Midwest. That was in 99, and I haven't had a ticket in the 21st century. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc.

Sponsored

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
100 plus in a 25, cop was pretty cool, some guy pulled up and got in mine and the cops face, the cop shut him right down and threatened to arrest him, cop really liked my bike, got a negligent driving ticket. I was on a 900 Ninja. Could have been much worse.

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Learned nice and early not to be reckles on the streets. I got lucky. 16 years ago when I was 17 I got a ticket for speeding 66 in a 35, no insurance, curfew, and racing. Other guy ran from the cops, and they made a deal with me to drop the racing charge if I testified against the other guy. Got insurance before the date as it was a "new to me" vehicle at the time. They dropped that with proof at the courthouse. Had to pay the speeding and curfew ticket only. Luckily didn't lose my license as it was a first time incident. Other guy was not so fortunate. For anyone thats curious I had a 93 Mustang GT and he had a late 90s Civic hatchback. I guess I won in both outcomes.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I once got pulled over for doing 23mph in a 20mph school zone on the weekend when there was no school.

The cop really jawed me out and said if I did it again next time I would go to jail.

I didn't say anything...

TC

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Exceeding 85 mph in Virginia, I don't know how many years ago...twelve? It's a criminal misdemeanor there. I drove like 120 miles back to that town to show up in court, plead guilty, apologize and present my certificate from a state-recognized driver education course (which was actually an interesting day, TBH; the instructor was quite a raconteur).

So the judge reduced the charge to simple speeding. Had to pay the fine and court costs - total of everything was around eight hundred dollars) but no points and no criminal charge, which mattered a great deal for career reasons.

I don't exceed 85 miles an hour in Virginia any more.
Sponsored