Sponsored

LOL Ford Sync 3 on v6?

IneedmoreHP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
I just want the damn ambient lights and better interior.
Anyone know if you can install the Sync 3 on to the v6?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest reading over the forums to get an idea of what's on here first. There's a whole section for infotainment and a large thread about the Sync 3 swap. It is definitely possible to install on a V6, but that won't get you ambient lights without more work (some of which is mentioned in other threads in Infotainment and Electronics or Cosmetic Changes or DIY forums.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I just want the damn ambient lights and better interior.
Anyone know if you can install the Sync 3 on to the v6?

For what it’s worth, if they are going to yank the whole dash out to fix the evaporator in my car. Well then I may as well take the opportunity to put the system in. You want the lights which is a new one on me. I’d take a look at simply replacing the entire assembly as that would at least give you the instruments and center console, etc. You would also get the center speaker in this deal.

Since (for me) the evap is going out why not get the dual zone replaced all at once. This is probably a nightmare switch, but as a project if every thing just snaps together, it may be one of the most interesting V6 projects I have ever heard of. As odd as it appears, this is one of the few mods that would actually make the car appreciate in value to every buyer if you got it all to work.

An interesting project to say the least!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Since (for me) the evap is going out why not get the dual zone replaced all at once. This is probably a nightmare switch, but as a project if every thing just snaps together, it may be one of the most interesting V6 projects I have ever heard of. As odd as it appears, this is one of the few mods that would actually make the car appreciate in value to every buyer if you got it all to work.
Touch screen you see everyday > climate controls for passenger you have on rare occasion in terms of value to me. I'd never pay more for a car with dual zones unless it was a three row SUV kinda deal lol

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Touch screen you see everyday > climate controls for passenger you have on rare occasion in terms of value to me. I'd never pay more for a car with dual zones unless it was a three row SUV kinda deal lol

I hear you.

Just see the stripped out cabin when they replace the evap. It makes you wonder if the simplest and easiest thing is just to replace the entire dash/center console with a premium dash. If the connectors are the same then why not. It is an interesting idea.

I get it that in terms of functionality you may not need dual zone or the touch screen. But this would be something rather unique and rare. The car Ford refused to sell you - so to speak.
Sponsored

Last edited: