Sponsored

Dealers Not Negotiating Anymore!?

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Let your fingers do the clicking, Adkins Ford in Winder GA and Brandon Ford in Tampa FL. Time for road trip?
*Akins Ford. Can confirm. I got my 17 there in 17 for 33.5 OTD brand new, MSRP of 43k. Basically stacked all discounts available. My 15 was totaled out by a kid texting and driving a week or so earlier and they still gave me the trade-in discount even though I didn't have a trade to help me out. Good people there. HUUUUUUGE dealer.
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Ford dealers around Dallas / Ft Worth vary wildly in their willingness to negotiate. Rockwall Ford, and to a lesser degree, North Central Ford seem to think all their cars are trimmed in gold, while Grapevine Ford starts low, and goes even lower when you threaten to walk. It was well worth the drive out there when I got my '17 V6.

Sometimes I can even come out ahead by buying a cheap plane ticket, flying north and driving back. I found a Mazda dealership in a St. Louis suburb that was SUPER EAGER to sell a car, so that's what I did. Some Dallas dealers need to learn that people do have options, and are stubborn enough to exercise them.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The only Ford dealership that actually earned my business was Koons in Baltimore... and I live in Atlanta. Alan Vigil Ford in Morrow, GA was extremely shady when I was considering a car from them (not a Mustang) - bait and switch. I do not walk into a dealer unless I have every cost and trade line item determined and understood. If they don't want to play, then g'bye. My only interest is to walk in, sign the paperwork, fend off the Finance Manager pitches, and leave.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I must be the odd person out. I'm with in 30 minutes of Koons and I bought mine 1.5 hours away in VA. Didn't realize Koons holds such a good rep. here.

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I'm struggling to find a decent dealer in Central Florida with the car I want (Why is active exhaust so hard to find on a VB non PP 401a) I'm probably going to wait until the spring for a deal.

Sponsored

AGM2018

I've been attempting to talk with dealers out as far as 75 miles for about two weeks now. This is far from my first rodeo with negotiating. That being said, this feels different. Dealers used to send numbers. They emailed pretty quickly and were cordial. Everyone has been rude, late or disinterested in making car sales. Nothing has changed and for the most part, I'm generally easy going. I thought maybe it was just one dealer, but then that became several until everyone I've dealt with has either been rude, not shown numbers, or used the same BS tactics ("This dealer is just hiding numbers from you, we can't match that.")

Has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps I'm penny pinching, but I have a hard time paying 2-4k off MSRP for a 2018 leftover model when 2019s are out, it's nearing winter and I've seen TONS get good deals (Also NADA and USAA backs these claims).
I have been negotiating with three dealers for a month on a 2019, trying to get the best price. The build I am looking at ordering is:

2019 Base Trim Mustang GT
Velocity Blue
10 Speed Automatic Transmission
301A Interior Package (Ebony Black Cloth Interior)
Enhanced Security Package
Black Accent Package
Spoiler delete
3.55 Limited Slip Rear Axle
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
MSRP: $42,725.00
Best Purchase Offer: $40,072.00 This includes tax, title, license and all fees. $1500.00 Ford Rebate on 2019 Mustangs in also included.

$2653.00 off the MSRP Out-The-Door and On-The-Road. I was trying and pushing for 3K off, but I couldn't get any of the three dealers in the Northern Virginia/Baltimore/Washington, DC area any lower. I will place the order tomorrow. I anticipate a three to four month wait time for delivery.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
With my Costco discount I’m about your MSRP price or lower but with Premium, 401A plus a bunch of other options.

AGM2018

With my Costco discount I’m about your MSRP price or lower but with Premium, 401A plus a bunch of other options.
Interesting....So with your Costco price (discount), you are purchasing a premium GT, with 401A and a few other option as well? So $42,725ish is your total price...Out-The-Door and On-The-Road....all costs included?

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ballpark. I’ll do the final dickering when the car gets here.

Point is that if you should see how much the Costco price is before placing an order. If you have a Costco membership it’s a no brainer. If you don’t it’s a pittance compared to how much you are about to fork over for your toy.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ford dealers around Dallas / Ft Worth vary wildly in their willingness to negotiate. Rockwall Ford, and to a lesser degree, North Central Ford seem to think all their cars are trimmed in gold, while Grapevine Ford starts low, and goes even lower when you threaten to walk. It was well worth the drive out there when I got my '17 V6.

Sometimes I can even come out ahead by buying a cheap plane ticket, flying north and driving back. I found a Mazda dealership in a St. Louis suburb that was SUPER EAGER to sell a car, so that's what I did. Some Dallas dealers need to learn that people do have options, and are stubborn enough to exercise them.
North central are hilarious, I have no idea who would buy there. Their internet manager was arrogant enough to tell me no dealer would give me close to 35k for a custom 19 301a A10 and tried to sell me an base 18 for 36k

Grapevine messed me around with ridiculous prices and wouldn't even match an *autonation* dealer (where you'd have to be insane to buy).

My out the door on a custom build from Koons is less than the pretax quotes I'm getting from DFW dealers and none seem keen to call me back when they realize I'm a bargain hunter

Arlington ford has a great deal on an 18 BUT its scratched to shit like all their cars and I'd rather pay a little extra for a box fresh order in the color I like

I dont especially want to drive back from VA but I'll do an all nighter for a WOW price vs local stealers

Sponsored

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
My out the door on a custom build from Koons is less than the pretax quotes I'm getting from DFW dealers and none seem keen to call me back when they realize I'm a bargain hunter

I dont especially want to drive back from VA but I'll do an all nighter for a WOW price vs local stealers
So they still gave you WOW pricing on a build? I assumed that only applied to what’s on the lot.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So they still gave you WOW pricing on a build? I assumed that only applied to what’s on the lot.
Yes, and will add any incentives that might be new when the car arrives

WOW doesn't include 995 freight or a 699 "processing charge" but it's still worth a long drive home since local dealerships suck

It was 38559 out the door a10, velocity blue and 301a

Last edited:

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Yes, and will add any incentives that might be new when the car arrives

WOW doesn't include 995 freight or a 699 "processing charge" but it's still worth a long drive home since local dealerships suck

It was 38559 out the door a10, velocity blue and 301a
Oh sweet. Knew about the added fees, probably still a better deal than locally. I’ll be looking for a ruby or race red a10 pp1 300a. Unless I can get a local dealer to be reasonable.

Bubba Bear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Oh sweet. Knew about the added fees, probably still a better deal than locally. I’ll be looking for a ruby or race red a10 pp1 300a. Unless I can get a local dealer to be reasonable.
Yeah I've been calling local dealers all day and they keep dicking me around trying to get over 41k out the door for the same build

I got 15-20% off every new BMW I bought before so I'm not paying close to msrp for a mustang lol

Ask for Yannick at Sterling Koons
Sponsored