Bullitt single horn - FIXED!

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
In less than 1/2 hour this morning, my local dealer removed the air cleaner assembly to gain access to "the horn" lol. Part number JR3Z-13832-A is the part number for the 2018 dual horns (Made in U.S.A. by FIAMM). They come mounted on a bracket, but that bracket is the same one Ford used on the Bullitt, except they only installed one horn. The tech simply removed the single horn from the factory mounted bracket, and replaced with the two horns. Plug and play. No changes needed to wiring harness. $69.22 later (with labor) and I have a great sounding dual horn setup!
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
In less than 1/2 hour this morning, my local dealer removed the air cleaner assembly to gain access to "the horn" lol. Part number JR3Z-13832-A is the part number for the 2018 dual horns (Made in U.S.A. by FIAMM). They come mounted on a bracket, but that bracket is the same one Ford used on the Bullitt, except they only installed one horn. The tech simply removed the single horn from the factory mounted bracket, and replaced with the two horns. Plug and play. No changes needed to wiring harness. $69.22 later (with labor) and I have a great sounding dual horn setup!
Nice. Thanks for the info. I will have this done when I take it in for its fist service...

dagobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost , Ford S-Max, Mustang Bullitt since 07/2019
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the Information.
Can‘t believe Ford saved some money by removing one horn. One horn sounds are always horrible. You need a full sounding horn in combination with bright as the sun flashing headlamps at 160 mph on the Autobahn. :cwl:
But seriously I will get a dual horn for my new Bullitt. Hope I get the one you mentioned here in Germany .

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Interesting, thanks for the info! So you just called your dealer and told them you wanted another horn installed?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shipey

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
Interesting, thanks for the info! So you just called your dealer and told them you wanted another horn installed?
No, they weren't even aware of the issue. I researched the part numbers for an '18 setup, and stopped by to talk with the tech that does the most Mustang work. He said he'd order the parts, and the service advisor scheduled the appointment. The dual horns are the same on all 2015-18 Mustangs. Each year they just change the first letter of the part number. I was just guessing that Ford would not have changed brackets or wiring (cost) and just happened to guess correctly.

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
No, they weren't even aware of the issue. I researched the part numbers for an '18 setup, and stopped by to talk with the tech that does the most Mustang work. He said he'd order the parts, and the service advisor scheduled the appointment. The dual horns are the same on all 2015-18 Mustangs. Each year they just change the first letter of the part number. I was just guessing that Ford would not have changed brackets or wiring (cost) and just happened to guess correctly.
Thanks! It doesn't bother me too much yet but if it does in the future, it's great to know the solution.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Pssst.... for those with the single tone horn, it didn’t only affect the Bullitt, see Ford SSM 47440.
0B1E11CC-D9BB-499F-8329-EC0E5B586EFE.jpeg

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I've ordered one of the JR3Z-13832-A dual horns ($18.62 + shipping) from TASCA in RI; will post installation photos of the horn when it arrives next week.

Sponsored

Bullitt77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 (sold)
Thanks! It doesn't bother me too much yet but if it does in the future, it's great to know the solution.
Matt Maran is keeping his bone stock which I admire! Window tint doesn't count lol

aileron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt K1191, '20 BMW X3 M40i, '17 BMW 440xi, '14 Ram truck...and 19 old Triumph motorcycles
I swapped out the puny OE horn for the double horn referenced in the OP above. I did it from the top after removing the radiator cover, but in hindsight Shipey's dealer probably took the right approach by removing the airbox. I chose not to use the OE horn bracket; instead using the identical bracket provided with the dual horns. One bolt (8mm hex head), and it's out after undoing the connector. It can also be swapped from the bottom by loosening up the left side of the plastic cover, but again, the airbox removal is likely the best path.

Comparison of the OE and dual horns:

YooK7iXh.jpg

Radiator cover removed for access:

jv9PHGGh.jpg

The horn is located at the end of the light:

ODE0Nf0h.jpg

Close up of the horn under the airbox; it's the shiny thing:

0IUFBuXh.jpg

Thanks again to Shipey for doing the investigation and sharing the dual horn p/n :-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shipey

Shipey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt.
I swapped out the puny OE horn for the double horn referenced in the OP above. I did it from the top after removing the radiator cover, but in hindsight Shipey's dealer probably took the right approach by removing the airbox. I chose not to use the OE horn bracket; instead using the identical bracket provided with the dual horns. One bolt (8mm hex head), and it's out after undoing the connector. It can also be swapped from the bottom by loosening up the left side of the plastic cover, but again, the airbox removal is likely the best path.

Comparison of the OE and dual horns:

YooK7iXh.jpg

Radiator cover removed for access:

jv9PHGGh.jpg

The horn is located at the end of the light:

ODE0Nf0h.jpg

Close up of the horn under the airbox; it's the shiny thing:

0IUFBuXh.jpg

Thanks again to Shipey for doing the investigation and sharing the dual horn p/n :-)
You're welcome. This easy mod makes it sound like it should!

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
I just installed my dual horn setup. I initially tried the method used by aileron removing the rad cover but i could not fit my hands the small opening. So I decided to removed the airbox. This was much easier than I thought!!.. Completed the swap in about 20mins. Much better sounding horn. Thanks again Shipey for sharing this find and Thank You aileron for your install pics.
Sponsored