Sponsored

Always question the Ford Quick Lane Service w/ Oil Changes

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Honestly, I wasn't planning on contacting FEMCO about the broken valve at all. It's totally user error. I threw it in the recycle bin. I kept the dust cover/cap and the crush washer though as spares for the other valve I haven't broken yet. :facepalm:
Sponsored

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
+2 quarts is really bad,I would take it up with the MGR
and break his ass down for hiring clowns...

I am not a fan of my local ford dealers service dept as well

WVMtneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had my first(and only) oil change at the dealership on Thursday for my 2018 mustang gt. I checked my dipstick, and oil was a third of the way between the bottom of the dipstick and the low level circle. I asked them how many quarts they used, and they said 8. They added 2 more quarts and changed their board in the shop to show 10 quarts for 2018 gts.

Im glad i have Steeda jacking rails in my garage waiting to be installed, and bought 10qts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (on sale) at walmart.com.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I had my first(and only) oil change at the dealership on Thursday for my 2018 mustang gt. I checked my dipstick, and oil was a third of the way between the bottom of the dipstick and the low level circle. I asked them how many quarts they used, and they said 8. They added 2 more quarts and changed their board in the shop to show 10 quarts for 2018 gts.

Im glad i have Steeda jacking rails in my garage waiting to be installed, and bought 10qts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (on sale) at walmart.com.
This just goes to show you many dealers do not have a clue as far as updating the shop on maintenance updates and changes. A Savy Tech will know. And when you come right down to it it's really sad.

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I changed the oil in the F150 last weekend and didn't put the other FEMCO plug in. I simply don't feel confident in them at all, seeing how easily that first one broke. :( $100 down the drain. I did replace the oil pan drain bolt with a brand new one as the one in there was the original and 4 years old. It was in decent shape but I figured after 4 years the embedded o-ring might be wearing out. Cheap insurance.

Sponsored

Hudman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2018 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
All Ford dealerships are not created equal. My dealership has an awesome service department. We own 4 Ford vehicles and get them all serviced there. Never had a single issue.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
That's not good, I am considering a Femco valve or some other brand so I can change my oil.
Sponsored